Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Gab » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Pretty good week, Heroic Will and Zor'lok are both dead.
Gab

Postby Andurin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 am

Shado-pan exalted, new pony's and a new dragon. Anglers exalted, new water walk... beast... thingie... Bought Valor bracers, managed to get Elegon down after a 6% whipe, everything clicked and no one died on the last try. Got a wand out of that. I dont like wands, but replacing a blue staff swith a +20 ilevels new weapon, i`ll make an exception. Then we killed that last boss in MSV in 4 tries and I got a new hat aswell making me completely epic.

So we now beat the "main" guild group on progression... Does that make us the main group? ^^
Andurin

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

Andurin wrote:Shado-pan exalted, new pony's and a new dragon. Anglers exalted, new water walk... beast... thingie... Bought Valor bracers, managed to get Elegon down after a 6% whipe, everything clicked and no one died on the last try. Got a wand out of that. I dont like wands, but replacing a blue staff swith a +20 ilevels new weapon, i`ll make an exception. Then we killed that last boss in MSV in 4 tries and I got a new hat aswell making me completely epic.

So we now beat the "main" guild group on progression... Does that make us the main group? ^^

Grats! Now don't let the "main group" poach your people... :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 am

Got the 75 level 25 pets achievement, and a completely pedestrian cricket reward from it, this weekend and I still have a lot of cool pet models I want to level up =/
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby twinkfist » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

is it considered success that they are bringing back str polearms into wow...or at least patch 5.2? if yes...then success!
twinkfist

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 am

Other success. Got an SSD and an external Thunderbolt drive case. Hacked together a "Fusion Drive" for my new iMac so I get the benefit of an SSD without all the fuss of actual file management.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:31 pm

twinkfist wrote:is it considered success that they are bringing back str polearms into wow...or at least patch 5.2? if yes...then success!

huh - my fury warrior alt got a blue random-stat strength polearm from a scenario bag in 5.1. I was just upset I couldn't dual wield with it :(
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:48 pm

u cannot dual wield polearms? aren't they really just poking sticks rather than slashing sticks? not much of a difference.

That said, hooray for str polearms! I don't know why they went away in the first place. >=/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Klaudandus wrote:u cannot dual wield polearms? aren't they really just poking sticks rather than slashing sticks? not much of a difference.

That said, hooray for str polearms! I don't know why they went away in the first place. >=/

I'll have to double check, but I think it was one of those 'sorry, we didn't animate them for both hands, so no Titan's grip for you.'
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:54 pm

you have never been able to have DW with polearms, TG fury has always been 2hders only

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm

well, that is kinda stupid, they should give it the same animation as axes if you're gonna DW them.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Klaudandus wrote:well, that is kinda stupid, they should give it the same animation as axes if you're gonna DW them.

Pretty sure they have the same animations as staves. They don't look right as melee weapons.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:17 pm

If I was a TG Fury Warrior, I'd love to DW polearms! I want to stab people with a spear on each hand!

Wish you could DW shields for that matter >_>
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Klaudandus wrote:If I was a TG Fury Warrior, I'd love to DW polearms! I want to stab people with a spear on each hand!

Wish you could DW shields for that matter >_>

As a TG fury warrior, I just wish the bag had dropped something I could have used :P (I seem to recall the scenario bags being more class-based and less spec-based at some point... swear I once got int plate while rolling as prot pally - despite not having a holy spec at all).
benebarba

Postby Andurin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 am

halabar wrote:
Andurin wrote:Shado-pan exalted, new pony's and a new dragon. Anglers exalted, new water walk... beast... thingie... Bought Valor bracers, managed to get Elegon down after a 6% whipe, everything clicked and no one died on the last try. Got a wand out of that. I dont like wands, but replacing a blue staff swith a +20 ilevels new weapon, i`ll make an exception. Then we killed that last boss in MSV in 4 tries and I got a new hat aswell making me completely epic.

Grats! Now don't let the "main group" poach your people... :-)

Hehe, they are trying since the first day we all joined the guild kinda on the same time. Guild had +10 people in 3 days. The guild leader has smacked every try with a FALCON PUNCH ever since ^^
Andurin

PreviousNext

Return to General