patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 am

If you aren't lucky with drops and get stuck with an item for months you might regret not taking the opportunity to upgrade it. (At the very least I will upgrade some more of my tier set. If I get a normal mode weapon before 5.2 that'll take priority, though.)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 am

KysenMurrin wrote:If you aren't lucky with drops and get stuck with an item for months you might regret not taking the opportunity to upgrade it. (At the very least I will upgrade some more of my tier set. If I get a normal mode weapon before 5.2 that'll take priority, though.)

My LFR Sha-touched is upgraded, as well as a few other things, but since the normal gear from the new rep is 522, valor upgrades are really meaningless for the regular slots.

Besides, only 2-3 weeks left.. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:59 am

Like I said, only meaningless if you get the drops to replace them.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:01 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Like I said, only meaningless if you get the drops to replace them.

Well, I'll only get enough valor between now and then to buy the belt anyway.. :-P

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Note that we are continuing to make difficulty adjustments to all parts of LFR, to both the bosses and non-boss enemies.

In general, we start out with just an across-the-board reduction to health and damage compared to Normal mode, and then rely on feedback (and our own experiences -- many of you have probably had encounter devs in your LFR raids over the course of the past days!) to make more fundamental adjustments to mechanics that are proving particularly problematic.

One of our goals is for mechanics to generally feel a bit more meaningful than they do in 5.0/5.1 LFR -- you should have to do the fight "correctly" in order to win, at least without several stacks of Determination. However, if a single misstep (or malicious act) can wipe the raid, that's never going to be a fun experience.

LFR testing and iteration will continue until we're satisfied with the final difficulty. Thanks again for testing and for your feedback!

Noble, but...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Flex wrote:
Nooska wrote:JP are quite valuable if you still don't have a full set of heirloom gear.

Doesn't 5.2 introduce the 1-85 for all previous 1-80 heirlooms?

Nope, the new heirlooms that go to 85 instead of 80 are completely new items. You'll have to go buy them all again. Your old heirlooms will still only go to 80 in 5.2. They are also adding quite a few new heirlooms, for example shields and offhands. I think we're finally getting intellect plate too.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Note that we are continuing to make difficulty adjustments to all parts of LFR, to both the bosses and non-boss enemies.

In general, we start out with just an across-the-board reduction to health and damage compared to Normal mode, and then rely on feedback (and our own experiences -- many of you have probably had encounter devs in your LFR raids over the course of the past days!) to make more fundamental adjustments to mechanics that are proving particularly problematic.

One of our goals is for mechanics to generally feel a bit more meaningful than they do in 5.0/5.1 LFR -- you should have to do the fight "correctly" in order to win, at least without several stacks of Determination. However, if a single misstep (or malicious act) can wipe the raid, that's never going to be a fun experience.

LFR testing and iteration will continue until we're satisfied with the final difficulty. Thanks again for testing and for your feedback!

Noble, but...

I actually thought they did a good job with most of the bosses in LFR this time around. Stone Guard and Spirit binder stick out as ones which could have used more 'meaningfulness'. But on the other hand, it's a fine line: if the strat is basically the same for normal/heroic, it can probably feel 'cheap' to those working on those difficulties. Meanwhile, having stuff that has to be done 'correctly' (whatever that means) seems to be asking for trouble (you know, like CC was in early cata 5-mans...)
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:26 pm

And it just opens more chances for griefers, to a certain degree...
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:58 pm

It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, Nalak; although, keep in mind Nalak unlocks with the island’s server progression, so it’s something to look forward to.

Interesting. I wonder just how hard he will be. Will the new tagging method, you can pour an awful lot of bodies at a boss.

halabar

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Depends on how punishing any "don't stand too close together" mechanics are.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Fetzie wrote:Depends on how punishing any "don't stand too close together" mechanics are.

The area on the island were he spawns is pretty large, so you could fit quite a few peeps in there, but true, there might be those kinds of mechanics. My new guild is huge (over 2000 toons) so this might be an interesting guild challenge, once those folks gear up a bit.

halabar

Postby Darielle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Interesting. I wonder just how hard he will be. Will the new tagging method, you can pour an awful lot of bodies at a boss.

Frill Blast — Oondasta's armor is more than just for decoration, and can charge up this powerful blast that inflicts 800000 Fire damage to all players in a 60-yard hemisphere in front of Oondasta.
+
Growing Fury: Oondasta's rage grows as the fight progresses, increasing all damage by 10%. This effect stacks.
+
Spiritfire Beam — Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 138750 to 161250 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 20 players can be affected, with damage increasing by 50% with each jump.
=
BODIES. WARM, TOASTY BODIES.
Darielle

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Fetzie wrote:Depends on how punishing any "don't stand too close together" mechanics are.

This is hard to get right without introducing massive griefing. Kazzak was oh-so-wonderful in that regards.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 pm

• Seal of Righteousness: Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 6% 9% weapon damage to all targets within 8 yards. Unlimited range. Instant.
  • Light's Hammer Hurl a Light-infused hammer into the ground, where it will blast a 10 yard area with Arcing Light for 16 14 sec. Other stuff stays the same.
  • Grand Crusader When you dodge or parry a melee attack, you have a 30% or hit with Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous, you have a 12% chance of refreshing the cooldown on your next Avenger's Shield and causing it to generate a charge of Holy Power if used within 6 sec.

MMO-C front page.
Last edited by Fetzie on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 pm

nvm
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General