Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Newsom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 am

For what it's worth, Justice is A LOT easier to come by in 5.2. First of all we get 100 JP per boss in heroic 5 mans (instead of the what, 42 currently?) and once you are valor capped, everything that would have given you VP instead gives you JP.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:05 am

FWIW though, JP are almost completely useless when the stuff you can do with them won't even get you into the first LFR tier.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 am

I never understood why Blizz always made it out like JP was so important especially when they're going with discounted vp prices on old gear instead of just putting them for justice (I still don't see the point of this other than throwing more road blocks in front of alts).

I don't see how adding "new" heirlooms makes JP any more valuable either. Big deal.. 5 more levels whoopie. As Fetz said you won't even be able to make it into LFR. Heroic dungeons required ilevel is pathetically low so it's not even like you have to spend the jp you got running randoms while levelling.

Guess I'll have more JP in 5.2 .... to change to more honor. Yay.
Teranoid

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 am

They can't move the valor gear down to justice without undermining their decision to make people do some catching up in older content. But they won't let you keep your valor because they don't like people buying gear on patch day, so they're kinda stuck with giving us Justice.

Maybe they could let us buy Lesser Charms of Good Fortune with Justice. Not worth much, but better than nothing.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:12 am

JP are quite valuable if you still don't have a full set of heirloom gear.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 am

Except that this expansion has driven a lot of people away from spending time on alts.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 am

That doesn't make heirloom points (JP) any less valuable since they are still a pain to earn (with 5.2 there is no reason to run 5-mans for most of us apart from earning valor if we don't get enough from dailies and LFR/raiding)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Teranoid » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am

I just think its comical that seemingly the only real selling point for JP for 5.2 in basically what has equated to an arguably alt unfriendly expansion is heirlooms...to level alts faster.

I mean yeah I get it. Not everyone has been playing forever but heirlooms were introduced in Wrath and some of us have had these things forever. So to someone like me JP is next to worthless aside from converting to honor (probably a waste for some people) or those laughable pet stones (Rare upgrading stones I could see but common to uncommon? Really?)

I'm probably the minority in this but it just seems dumb to have so few choices.

And on a related note: Blizz seems to be aiming for the end of this month for release.
Teranoid

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 am

Teranoid wrote:I'm probably the minority in this but it just seems dumb to have so few choices.

I'm in there with ya - I've been playing long enough to have unlocked the AT dailies and gotten all the heirlooms I care about that way, and rarely bothered buying JP trade goods. The JP I had from cata bought me a couple pieces at 90, but I simply don't care about them now.
benebarba

Postby Thels » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah, JP were useless during 5.0.

During 5.1 they actually became somewhat useful for upgrading 463 gear to 471, which helped quite a few people I know to get into HoF/ToES LFR.

In 5.2 it returns to being completely useless, and it will be a PITA for newly dinged 90s to even reach HoF/ToES LFR... I can understand why they removed the Valor upgrades, but they should've kept the JP upgrades in at least.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 am

Teranoid wrote:And on a related note: Blizz seems to be aiming for the end of this month for release.

Based on the PTR testing schedule, plus the "two week notice", first week of March is the absolute earliest.

Active – PTR set to stage 0. The Sunreavers and Kirin-Tor will besiege the island from offshore.
Feb 8 – PTR set to Stage 1. You’ll be able to conquer a foothold on the island itself.
Feb 12– PTR set to stage 2. With your help, Jaina and Lor’themar will blast the walls and infiltrate the outer city.
Feb 15– PTR set to stage 3. Daring players can infiltrate the mines and blast open the doors to the Thunder Forge.
Feb 19 – PTR set to stage 4. Block further Zandalari reinforcements by overtaking the shipyard.
Feb 22 – PTR set to stage 5. Fight your way to the Thunder King’s front door! Jaina and Lor’themar will have a ... reckoning.

Regarding the JP Overlords, I'll welcome the extra JP to convert to honor so I can buy the new pvp set, since the tier set is so hideous.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/860845 ... -2_11_2013

There's your "2 week notice"

Edit: woo it's fun trying to dodge cloudflare errors while attempting to edit posts.
Last edited by Teranoid on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:55 am

Teranoid wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8608452/Preparing_to_Kill_a_King-2_11_2013

There's your "2 week notice"

Still, assuming they don't accelerate the schedule above, then the 26th would be the first chance, more likely the next week.

halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 am

Nooska wrote:JP are quite valuable if you still don't have a full set of heirloom gear.

Doesn't 5.2 introduce the 1-85 for all previous 1-80 heirlooms?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 am

So, since the patch is getting close... Things to Do before 5.2

1) Finish Legendary Questline on new main.. (currently at 4300 valor.. behind due to main change.. /glareatoldraidgroup )
2) Finish 5.1 rep (done! yeah! prince scraped off the pavement..)
3) Buy last 496 valor upgrade from 5.1 rep
4) Slow down a bit for the next few weeks otherwise..
5) Do a bunch of fishing/cooking, new main hasn't finished that yet.. /glareatoldraidgroup

Things not to do...

1) Grind needless valor trying to upgrade items that will be replaced anyway

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General