Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:29 pm

I had gained some faith back when they stated they had realized shadow damage was not at the intended point.

Will be interesting to know how they will "fix" us.

I'm also still sad they changed SW:I that way, the old concept was really cool, just the damage wasn't good enough compared to the other options of that tier.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:19 am

They've increased Mind Blast damage 20% now, Worldie (GC post in the big 5.2 PTR thread).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 am

That's not really going to make a huge difference... but it's still something I guess.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:07 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/10/se ... n-killing/

It's gonna get fun in LA for the next week or so...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Villaraigosa called Dorner's actions a "reign of terror," but expressed confidence that he would be brought to justice.

A reign of terror? Is one guy on the run really terrorizing the city?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Fetzie wrote:
Villaraigosa called Dorner's actions a "reign of terror," but expressed confidence that he would be brought to justice.

A reign of terror? Is one guy on the run really terrorizing the city?

The guy is the new Una-bomber... probably won't hear from him for another year.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby econ21 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:57 am

Can anyone walk me through kiting Garalon in LFR? I've tanked it many times (never in a "real" raid though) but when I ask if anyone is willing to kite, there's often an uncomfortable silence and then the tanks are asked to do it. Sometimes my co-tank does it and I end up soaking the swipe alone (fury stacks due to there not being a second target but it seems perfectly healable in LFR). Can you kite and soak at the same time?
econ21

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 am

You technically can, although it's pretty useless in Normal.

In LFR, Fury has a limit on Fury stacks, so if all 6 healers are playing, you could completely ignore it.
In Normal, you *could* do it, but that implies having one tank dancing just on the edge of the purple zone, while the real kiter tries to find the "sweet range" where's at max range and yet still eats Fury swipes.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 am

When we do it, the tank with the pheromone is on the right-hand side of the boss (looking at him) and the other tank is on the other side of the swipe. When kiting, you stand still for 2 seconds, then move a yard or so. Stand still 2 seconds, move again. Repeat until somebody is stupid enough to stand in your way and takes the pheromones off you.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Winkle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 am

There's no reason to swap pheremones with someone else in FLR, it caps at 20 stacks (in LFR) so feel free to tank the boss and not move.
Winkle

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 am

Winkle wrote:There's no reason to swap pheremones with someone else in FLR, it caps at 20 stacks (in LFR) so feel free to tank the boss and not move.

You have to move if you are standing on a goo pool though, standing still as the pheromone carrier in LFR really isn't an option.

Fetzie

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:47 am

Sagara wrote:You technically can, although it's pretty useless in Normal.

In LFR, Fury has a limit on Fury stacks, so if all 6 healers are playing, you could completely ignore it.
In Normal, you *could* do it, but that implies having one tank dancing just on the edge of the purple zone, while the real kiter tries to find the "sweet range" where's at max range and yet still eats Fury swipes.

Eh, it's pretty easy in normal/heroic given the range of the swipe, and not at all useless if the alternative is one of your melee dps having to kite (heroic).
Rhiannon

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:54 am

You'll note I didn't mention Heroic *at all* ;-)

Once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad, as long as SOMEONE *glares at some guys in a previous guild* doesn't decide to run at max cast range, when I'm supposed to pick it up next.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Gab » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 am

Sagara wrote:as long as SOMEONE *glares at some guys in a previous guild* doesn't decide to run at max cast range, when I'm supposed to pick it up next.

And that's what Speed of Light is for.
Gab

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 am

halabar wrote:So, as I'm sure you are all aware, there is a massive manhunt going on down here for an ex-cop who has killed 3 and wounded 2 others.

Getting swept under the rug is that one of the local police agencies apparently declared open season on anyone driving dark colored pickup trucks, and shot 2 people in one truck and shot at another person in a different truck. With a little less luck, the body count from the police could match that of the guy they are supposed to be looking for.

At least they found the guy's truck, otherwise I'd be concerned a bit about driving at night (I live a few miles from where that local police agency operates).

An enterprising person on Ebay came up with these bumper stickers and window decals:

http://laist.com/2013/02/10/dont_shoot_ ... er_sti.php

Not sure if amusement.

Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General