Remove Advertisements

New GC post about pally haste.

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: New GC post about pally haste.

Postby daishan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:24 am

I'd agree with that, depending on exact proc %'s I'm guessing this'll still be a small single target nerf but an aoe buff.
I'd be perfectly happy if they left things how they are, but they seem to be focused on making avoidance stronger for us and this seems to be the easiest way to do that and still leave haste as a viable gearing strategy.
In an ideal world they'd rebuild SotR and get haste mast and avoidance all balanced, it's just I have very little faith that they could manage that especially as getting haste and mast as close as they are seems to of happened by mistake :roll:
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:43 am

In an ideal world, they'd curb-stomp Sanctity of Battle to the ground and be done with the haste insanity we've been in. And THEN get back to making haste and maybe crit attractive to tanks in 6.0.

But since players are sissies that can't accept when the toy they dug out of the old cellar is taken from them, we'll have to live with it until 6.0.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby daishan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 am

Guess I'm a sissy then :p
I think Sanctity of Battle along with active mitigation is by far the best most fun thing they've ever added to the game, the more haste I get the faster the rotation gets, I can feel hero. Imo it's just all round awesome :D
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:35 am

Ho, don't get me wrong, I love it as well - enormously so. But it's not meant to be in the cards right now. Or at least, not to be the "king" behind the "ace" of Hit/Exp.

I really believe this experience will be an eye-opener, and that Blizz will try to push for DPS stats to matter for us tanks. But it's too late to make it happen in MoP.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 am

Swing times:

ToES
Protector Kaolan: 2 seconds
Tsu-long: 1.5 seconds
Lei-Shi: does not melee, elemental looks like 1.5 seconds
Sha of Fear: looks like 2.5 seconds, outside of Thrash

MGV
Stone Guards: 2 seconds
Feng: 2 seconds
Garajal: 1.5 seconds
Spirit Kings: no melee/1.5 seconds
Elegon: 1.5 seconds
Will of the Emperor: 1.5 seconds

HoF
Zorlok: 2 seconds
Tayak: looks like 1.5 but he interrupts his melee so often it is hard to tell
garalon: no melee (N), 2 seconds (H only)
meljarak: 2 seconds
ambershaper: 1.5 seconds, monstrosity: 1.5 seconds
Grand Empress: 2 seconds

from our WoL (http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/78857/), heroic garalon was from the top ranked kill on WoL.
type = TYPE_DAMAGE
AND fullType = SWING_DAMAGE
AND targetName = "Déathangel"
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Thels wrote:Is it just me or does half/half sounds worse than one or the other? The chance that we get procs from CS/HotR and from Dodge/Parry at the same time means we just wasted one proc. We already have that chance with just Dodge/Parry, but it seems more apparent now. The X's in our rotations are 3, 2, 3 and 1 GCD away from each other, and both 3's and the 2 have a CS/HotR in there that could cause a proc.

Well, they can account for that by raising the proc rates on both until the appropriate HP income level is reached.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations