Remove Advertisements

Path of Exile - ARPG

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Path of Exile - ARPG

Postby Hespherus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 am

Im surprised no one said anything about this game yet, unless im too blind and havent seen the thread :? .

This game is what Diablo 3 shouldve been and i think it really has the potential to be the best arpg on the market.

It is free of charge, still in closed beta(you can get in by getting a supporter pack for 10 bucks) but they will go into Open beta in December.

What i like most about the game is the athmosphere, more like how Diablo used to be, dark and gritty. The skill system is insane(1350 skills tree). The item progression also is something youve never seen before, maybe it has a small resemblance with the FF series.

Skills are actually gems that you can socket into your gear and they level up with you. Sockets can be linked between eachother and so you can increase their power and modify the skills actually. There is no gold, just a barter system. Also the ladder system, HC leagues(which can last from 1 day to a week, or to months), cut throat HC leagues etc

If you are a fan of the ARPG genre, i dont think you will be dissapointed.

I hope to see you in game :), i will definately give it a try.
Hespherus

Re: Path of Exile - ARPG

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 am

I've tried this game over the last 2 weeks and I will say that it is AMAZING!

This game is completely free and is NOT a pay to win game, however I like it so much I paid for a $100 Silver Supporter pack!

It combines some of the best elements from other ARPGs like Diablo & Torchlight and having a very interactive passive skill tree.

The passive tree is very much like the skill tree from Final Fantasy 10.

You can add me as Warloga
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 am

Yeah I was looking into it awhile back. I'm prety sure I'll give it a go when it comes out.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 am

Open Beta is now in place, its worth trying out if you are looking for something to play. It isn't the best game in the world but it is good enough to spend time playing.

I am on the European server as Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Shoju » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:10 am

I'm Onisu on normal US server. I'm a low level, and sort of a hot mess right now, but I'm figuring it out.
Shoju

Postby Winkle » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:46 am

There's only 1 server for softcore and 1 for hardcore, as such region isn't an issue for playing together.

Really enjoying this game myself. I'm currently 56 in Hardcore. Add WeeWillyWinkle if you either want to group up or are new and have a question or two.
Winkle

Postby Gab » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 am

I picked this up the day it went open and have been getting an hour or two in here and there. Pretty damn interesting with all of the different customization available. Not limited to just character customization but items, pots and even maps. I really like a lot of those aspects of the game.

Playing a SC Witch Summoner build just to get a feel for the game. Does anyone know if +Minion Damage passives affect the Minion Instability explosions? What about curses such as Flammability? I've tried searching the PoE forums and wiki but a lot of the information is conflicting or missing...
Gab

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 am

I'm up to 27 on my Marauder. I'm a little unhappy with the way my gearing has gone, if only because I don't feel it's very intuitive. I like the game a lot, and I'm having a lot of fun, but there are things about it I'm still not super excited about. I'm sure that will change as I become more familiar with the way it all works. I just switched from 2h'd to Dual Wielding because my 2h'er was so woefully behind. I picked up a 1h'd sword last night with the same damage range as my 2h'er I was using {-.-} So now, I'm trying to get used to not having the AoE stuff that I had with my 2h'er. (I had 2 slam abilities that require mace or staff, and I seem to only ever find good swords)

I'm not going to be too nitpicky on the game though. It is free. It is fun. It is scratching that itch I had for WoW, and I'm pretty sure my problems are "me" problems, not game problems.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 pm

if you can find it, cleave is great for aoe, and leap slam works with swords, maces, axes, and staffs

and if you cant find cleave, i might have a spare

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 pm

bldavis wrote:if you can find it, cleave is great for aoe, and leap slam works with swords, maces, axes, and staffs

and if you cant find cleave, i might have a spare

I have Leap Slam, But no Cleave. I forgot leap Slam works with all that. I'm a dork.
Shoju

Postby sahiel » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 am

Just started it with a witch and her zombie hordes, do wish they would be a *little* more aggressive though, they'll run over to a group, kill one and start running back to me... =/
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 pm

just aggro more?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 am

I'm becoming disillusioned in Act 2, and I'm only on Normal. I finally got some gear stuff sorted out, but I just spent most of my morning reading about how I've completely Screwed the pooch on the order of quests in Act 2, and now I have to go back and deal with the other bandits, and the other quests, before I can get back to sucking it up in the pyramid. (would have been nice to know, since the whole darkness effect is really not fun.)

I'm getting ruined in there. I'm hoping when I level up again, and take Resolute Technique, that the added hits and Life Gain will make it a little easier. We'll see though. I've died so much in there that I believe that I'm quite possibly the worst player I've ever seen.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm back into the swing of the game. I just needed a class change.

Good game, good fun. They are addressing bugs at a pretty nice clip.

The crafting/bartering system is still a little "meh", but I like the game more than I did a few weeks ago.

I'm actually playing as close to a Tankadin as you can get in the game.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 pm

shield templar?

bldavis

Next

Return to Other Games