Remove Advertisements

[10H] Will of the Emperor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Will of the Emperor

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 pm

how do you guys control the Rages? we had fairly enough trouble with them yesterday. DR on stuns, roots break on damage.... so the only think that usualy worked was a knock-back and a Ursoc vortex. but it still wasn't enough and we had adds running through the raid and so on.

In a given wave with 3 sets of Rages:
Wave 1 spawns with nothing else up. It dies in seconds.
Wave 2 gets CC'd at the spawn point.
When Wave 3 spawns, the CC is broken and 4 Rages get killed.

That's for us. We opted for that because it minimises cooldowns as well as keeps people free to focus on better priority targets like the Courage.

While it's annoying for Rages to reach the raid, it's not going to be a death unless they're getting there with full health or people are sitting there and derping when the Spark spawns.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 am

When Wave 3 spawns, the CC is broken and 4 Rages get killed.

an here lies the problem. the don't die fast enough after the cc is broken, and they run straigth for their target...

I would love to have a DK with massgrip and aoe freeze :(
Schroom

Postby daishan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:05 am

DK's can only mass DG _or_ aoe freeze.
When we don't have good aoe stuns or mass DG we kill the rages in pairs as like you say they tend to spread too much otherwise making it impossible for 1 person to soak all 4.
Unfortunately this is another fight where melee are pretty bad, you want one to 'tank' the strength ideally that can soak that spark, but anymore than that one melee and your making things harder. I think our 1st kill was with 3 melee but having just one would of made it real easy.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 am

I don't mind 2 if the second one is a rogue. rogues are (again) just to amazing for this fight as they can soak EVERY spark.

unfortunately our rogue isn't available today... not sure if it is worth trying tonight with that crappy lineup... we won't have enough CDs tonight I gues, and I also don't think killing the sparks is an option yet.
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:18 pm

an here lies the problem. the don't die fast enough after the cc is broken, and they run straigth for their target...

I would love to have a DK with massgrip and aoe freeze

If it makes you feel better, we don't have a DK. We just get people to kill them, and if they spread out or die out of sync, then we use backups or kill the Spark instead.
Darielle

Postby Magnilda » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 am

We managed to get our first kill last night. It definitely wasn't the cleanest, but it still counts I guess. Things were going smoothly until about 25% when our DPS Warrior & DK both got themselves killed.

What we did...

Killed the rages as they spawned. Slowed them & stunned them to keep them away from the raid as much as possible. Then had our two Hunters alternate with the spark soaking.

Had our dps Warrior tank the strengths just outside the raid. Used our mage to soak every strength spark with his blink (or Ice Block etc if he missed the blink).

Used our teleporting Warlock as the main slower on the courages. The walock soaked one spark and someone else soaked every other courage spark, normally our DK.
Magnilda

Postby Schroom » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 am

anyone has any experience with "tanking" the strengths inside the rages? their stun stuns the rages too.
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

It'd be more inconvenient to get the Strength over to the Rages and get a tiny Stun than it would be to just kill the Rages. Especially since the first Strength spawns after the first Rages should be dead, and the second Strength spawns right as the third Rages should be almost dead.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:40 am

well, they aren't dead when the Strengths spawn, as a tank I only see what happens before the bosses spawn but when the courage spawns it looks like this:

rage 1 dead
rage 2 70% -> courage spawns our rogue kills the rage solo and soaks the spark while the whole raid goes nuking the courage
courage at 10% new strength and rages, Bosses spawn -> chaos overrun by adds.

we meanwhile use Heroism when the Bosses spawn just to get rid of all the adds. and have a clean start.

our fury warrior switched to protspecc yesterday and is offtanking the Strength inside the rages, while he is stunning, slowing (and doing all that annoying stuff warriors do in pvp) everything in his range, as he is in protspec the courage fixates on him instead on one of the main tanks. from here on our rogue kills the courage solo (70% slow and stuff) and soaks his spark, while our hunter, mage and Balance druid soak the sparks from strength and rages that die while the courage is being killed.

we reached 71% Bosshealt yesterday like this with our best try ever, although the fight was underway for almost 6 minutes already (are we behind on the enrage here?) before our healers where not only OOM, they where dry as the Sahara.

I got some logs for you from yesterday if it is any help: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ubcet4epb0s37s8n/
Schroom

Postby samsara » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 am

hm, i can't relly speak for 10HC but i just compared your last try to our last killtrystart until 5:30 from start:

It seems that you missed 2 oportunistic strikes and landed 2 of them -> which also means you probably got the debuff twice, your other tank did 3 strikes and failed at 1.

I haven't looked exactly into when those failes occoured as they should not be made on progression. The Debuff is realy bad (at least on 25) and soaks out the healers mana. I found for myself that dancing is easier with "pursiut of justice" as i generaly try too pool my hp to 5 for the phase after the combo, so your runspeed is at least 20% faster as normal and most of the time somewhere around 30% which gives you plenty of time to position.

We don't use bloodlust for adds, we use them when no adds are around to get some more dmg onto the boss (but here's again, i don't know the 10 man version)

First we also had the problem that we had no idea how the hell we should handle all the adds, for us the key was just killing the adds in 2*waves.

1. wave ... bomb and soak
2. wave ... bomb and soak
3. wave (this is where the bosses come) -> here we cc'the adds (druidroot or ring of frost)
4. wave .... bomb 4 and 3 and soak
5. wave ... cc the adds
6. wave ... bombe 6 and 5 and soak
samsara

Postby Schroom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 am

I guess that most of these missed strikes where due to a called wipe. and on some trys we tried out some stuff with positioning, that didn't work and had us fail, but no worry. if We go serious the dance works pretty fine.

also as I explained, to bomb is just no option for us, as the adds won't stay together, don't die at the same time, or die way to slow. ccing and nuking one after another works best for us.
Schroom

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 am

CC'ing one and nuking one is rough depending on group comp for soaks as I feel like you're gonna lose someone to not having a CD up to soak something.

We personally use 2 hunters for the rages who alternate and the DPS got bitched at over and over until they learned to kill the rages at the same time. The rest of the raid is then divided up between the strengths and courages. Perhaps you can alternate between your hunter and mage (blink strat) to alternate soaking.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 pm

well, they aren't dead when the Strengths spawn, as a tank I only see what happens before the bosses spawn but when the courage spawns it looks like this:

rage 1 dead
rage 2 70% -> courage spawns our rogue kills the rage solo and soaks the spark while the whole raid goes nuking the courage
courage at 10% new strength and rages, Bosses spawn -> chaos overrun by adds.

we meanwhile use Heroism when the Bosses spawn just to get rid of all the adds. and have a clean start.

Heroism to cleanup and go is perfectly fine, and it's what we do as well. You'll squeeze in a 2nd Hero with 1 minute to go on the Berserk anyway if you need it.

our fury warrior switched to protspecc yesterday and is offtanking the Strength inside the rages, while he is stunning, slowing (and doing all that annoying stuff warriors do in pvp) everything in his range, as he is in protspec the courage fixates on him instead on one of the main tanks. from here on our rogue kills the courage solo (70% slow and stuff) and soaks his spark, while our hunter, mage and Balance druid soak the sparks from strength and rages that die while the courage is being killed.

This is the part I don't understand.
Using a Prot Warrior to force Courage away from tanks etc., is fine, having a Rogue solo Courage fine.
If you have a Hunter, Mage AND Boomkin right there, why the hell don't they have the Rages pretty much down to sub-30% ish before the Strength can get from the side of the room to where the Rages are and then finally actually starts stunning? Why wouldn't say, a Trap and Knockback (plus Ursol's, plus potentially Mage stuff etc., not be more than enough for them to burst down the Rages anyway, and then they just turn around and kill the Strength?

At least for us, the ranged all switch away onto the Courage, so it takes a few seconds to get back in range of Rages as they spawn, break the old CC and then we kill 4 adds, so it takes ~15 seconds for them to finish through all 4 Rages, but you don't have that - they're literally right there, and they're killing 2 mobs.

But with that said, if it's working, then continue with it. Changing a working strat just because someone else does it a different way is a bad call.
If you're getting past the initial part and getting into further cycles, you're fine. It's just a case of not making mistakes for the remaining few minutes, and continuing to do what you're doing.
Darielle

Postby Schroom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 am

yep exactly, the first circle works and the second one is just cleanse/repeat. so just staying concentrated and execute what we already know.

down to sub-30% ish before the Strength can get from the side of the room to where the Rages are and then finally actually starts stunning? Why wouldn't say, a Trap and Knockback (plus Ursol's, plus potentially Mage stuff etc., not be more than enough for them to burst down the Rages anyway, and then they just turn around and kill the Strength?

As I said, being a tank i don't really see what exactly is goping on, (even more frustrating if you are a raidleader...) our Raid is now really obligated to think and work out a strat all by them selves... but we get closer.

I think they manage to kill rages and strength, is just the soaking that gives them headaches, because the rogue usually soaks everything available, but is busy with the courage at that time.

yes the hunter can soak all of them, so can the Boomkin with cloak from the rogue. but somehow they mess it up xD (just further practise might do the trick here.)

as I said my main conern at the moment is the mana of our healers, but also here I got the tip from a friend to have each healer take one tank and not one healer heal both tanks and the other the group. only healing the soaker if he needs healing, and top of the group before the tanks stop dancing, so the group can survive during this short time all by them selve and then topp them off with slow cheap heals while the tanks are dancing again...
Schroom

Postby XanWoW » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 am

Could you please explain how the Mage is soaking the spark with blink?
XanWoW

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)