Missing the Memo

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Missing the Memo

Postby econ21 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:28 am

Daeva001 wrote:Hand of Freedom also wipes out Flesh to Stone. Completely forgot about that the first 20 times...

Oh man, now I feel like a complete idiot...

Great tip, thanks. With that and the human racial, those LFR priests will have to work especially hard to get me stoned now.
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:08 am

In particular, if you let Flesh to Stone stack to 9 (the debuff goes up in stacks of three) on the three mobs before Will of the Emperor and hit Hand of Freedom, the spell will come off cooldown as the next 7th, 8th and 9th stacks are applied.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I thought Seal of Justice was removed from the game, but appearantly it's still there for Retribution only. xD
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby econ21 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Players create the Shieldwall portals to the Skyfire (with those commendation drop things). I thought they were created when you accepted the daily quest hub. But today, for the first time, there was not one already there. So I created it myself and found the missing memo.

Newsom wrote:I thought Seal of Justice was removed from the game, but appearantly it's still there for Retribution only. xD

You evidently have not spent enough time chasing druids around pillars. (I envy you.)
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:41 am

econ21 wrote:
Newsom wrote:I thought Seal of Justice was removed from the game, but appearantly it's still there for Retribution only. xD

You evidently have not spent enough time chasing druids around pillars. (I envy you.)

I let them run until their 24 hour disconnect makes them stop. I then have 10 seconds to burst them down before the character is logged out. Is usually quicker than chasing after them.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 am

Appearantly you can shift-right click a stack to split it while having a profession window or the auction house frame open instead of having it put the item's name in the search bar. Wish I'd known about this before!
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Zalaria » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 am

...really? That put-the-name-in-the-unfocused-box is one of the more annoying 'features' of the UI. I'll be putting this to good use.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Marilee » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 am

econ21 wrote:
Daeva001 wrote:Hand of Freedom also wipes out Flesh to Stone. Completely forgot about that the first 20 times...

Oh man, now I feel like a complete idiot...

Great tip, thanks. With that and the human racial, those LFR priests will have to work especially hard to get me stoned now.

Well I'll... errr... knew that. Yes. >.>

(Thanks.)
Marilee

Postby Sagara » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 pm

So uh... Assassination Rogue's Venomous wound doesn't have a CD to the energy regen. I always thought it was pointless to have Rupture on more than one target :-(
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby djlar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Sagara wrote:So uh... Assassination Rogue's Venomous wound doesn't have a CD to the energy regen. I always thought it was pointless to have Rupture on more than one target :-(

Yeah I put rupture on many targets as I could, 2 ruptures on trash and i can spamm FoK endlessly, say on dogs I try to rupture 3 and do massive damage this way (over 100K for sure, even more than combat)
djlar

Postby Bellanka » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:43 am

I have shamed my ancestors. :[
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:04 pm

More Flesh to Stone goodness (and another memo missed):

Rogues can vanish out stacks, only stacks though, if you get stoned there's nothign you can do, same for most other classes abilities.

I think only lock talent and mage's iceblock can get you out while stoned.

I've also seen several druids get stoned every time, maybe it's too hard hitting 2 GCDs out.
djlar

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 am

BMs BW can get you out of the stone blocks as well iirc (been a while sinc eI did MGV LFR)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby djlar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Nooska wrote:BMs BW can get you out of the stone blocks as well iirc (been a while sinc eI did MGV LFR)

Master's call in all specs remove the stacks, tried and true, just don't hit it too late, it takes a couple of seconds for the pet to get to you. As sson as the 8 or 9 stack is apply call it.

Also spriests can remove stacks with dispersion (if you weren't lucky to get dispelled by mass dispel)
djlar

Postby Nooska » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:32 am

Indeed Masters Call works as well. Between MC and BW you do not need to worry about getting dispelled (MC, BW, MC at 8/9 stacks depending on whether there are 2 casters or 3)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General