Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:46 am

And from what i hear about the class from anne and alex comments is also that a bunch of the rogue damage comes from passive sources and that many of the abilities seem lackluster
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 am

Yeah, I had a strange experience this weekend. Leveling as assa, I was constantly frustrated that I couldn't do my rotation properly because things kept dying too fast in dungeons. Recount was broken, so I had no numbers, but I was so frustrated at not being able to pull off more than 4-5 combo points' worth of finishers, it felt I was the pathetic dead last, despite multiple heirlooms.

Then I said "f*ck it" and reinstalled my Recount. First, first, second (on AoE trash, behind the tank), WAY AHEAD first (on boss). A bit dumbfounded, I checked Recount's damage spread - 1st: Melee, 2nd: Deadly poison. 40% of my damage coming from those two.

I also just checked a rogue guildie, who's at a whopping 64% damage out of poisons and melee. OUCH. Mutilate is trailing at 10%, Envenom at 9.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 am

Seems like they might need a revamp of their damage distribution. When Enhancement was improved for Cata they moved Static Shock procs from melee attacks onto specials, and buffed the damage of the specials. There's still a lot of passive, but it's not the majority.

I've only played Combat and Sub as Rogue, and never at high levels, but I did find it odd that Sub loads so much damage onto combo-point builders, and both specs spend a lot of time on buff maintenance.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Seems like they might need a revamp of their damage distribution. When Enhancement was improved for Cata they moved Static Shock procs from melee attacks onto specials, and buffed the damage of the specials. There's still a lot of passive, but it's not the majority.

I've only played Combat and Sub as Rogue, and never at high levels, but I did find it odd that Sub loads so much damage onto combo-point builders, and both specs spend a lot of time on buff maintenance.

At first playing a sub rogue helped me adapt to holy power on my pally. Now combo points tied to a target seem quaint.
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am

benebarba wrote:At first playing a sub rogue helped me adapt to holy power on my pally. Now combo points tied to a target seem quaint.

It's nice to refresh SnD for the coming Envenom on the next target!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I've only played Combat and Sub as Rogue, and never at high levels, but I did find it odd that Sub loads so much damage onto combo-point builders, and both specs spend a lot of time on buff maintenance.

Combat's design for a long time now has been smart use of cooldowns tied to buffs to lay on damage.

But mostly the issue that people complain about is that ratings decay at the start of every expansion makes rogues feel weak due to fewer APM as they don't have the haste that they had in final tier raid gear.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

for most classes it is simply lower numbers, running out of mana sooner etc, but with rogues (and feral druids i am guessing, i havent played mine enough, but one of them will be next to be leveled) the loss of haste completely shuts down the flow you had, and can, at least seem like, half your energy regen rate

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:19 pm

So I've been noticing for a while now that I don't seem to fly as far as I should if I point myself where I want to go, hit auto-run, then alt tab. I finally did some digging on forum posts, and turns out I'm not just imagining things: The game now stops your character moving after 20 seconds if you alt-tab from full screen mode. And starts moving again when you tab back, so the only clue it's happened is the lack of progress you've made. Arg. Guess I need to get in the habit of briefly tabbing back every 20 seconds on long journeys...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby djlar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Yeah I think rogues are being abandoned, even mine, switched from muti to combat to change it a little, combat is so bad at DPS now, only 2 target fights are good (Garalon, perhaps Amber shaper for a short time on phase 1).

Then I dinged an spriest to 90 and find out they are going to be nerfed.. arrgh!

I better stick with either my ele shaman or destro lock in the meantime..
djlar

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm

djlar wrote:Yeah I think rogues are being abandoned, even mine, switched from muti to combat to change it a little, combat is so bad at DPS now, only 2 target fights are good (Garalon, perhaps Amber shaper for a short time on phase 1).

Then I dinged an spriest to 90 and find out they are going to be nerfed.. arrgh!

I better stick with either my ele shaman or destro lock in the meantime..

The nerf with shadow is only to healing. The DP change was reverted in today's build, and that actually might have been a buff, which is why they likely reverted it.

Spriests are still muddling in the middle at best on solo target fights, but they aren't as bad as some other classes.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

The dietary requirements after having you gall bladder carved out are going to get really old really fast.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

could be worse...could have to be on a gluten free diet
it is amazing how much shit has gluten in it

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Arnock » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 pm

culhag wrote:
Arnock wrote:Spent well over an hour talking to apple support today, trying to find a way to prevent iOS from automatically downloading OS updates.

My iPhone always asked me if I wanted the updates. I didn't upgrade to iOS 6.0 until the Google Maps app was out.

It asks if you want to install.

Over wifi, it downloads and prepares the update to install, or at least it's doing so for 6.0.1 to 6.1.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

- Tell boss yer taking afternoon off due to sickness (migraine)
- boss gives the a-ok
- take sleep-inducing drugs and painkillers to ride off the migraine
- boss calls 2 hrs later to tell me I just got new work at a campus, waking me up in the process
- ask boss how urgent the wos are
- get told the work orders are not really urgent

Seriously? That could have waited till... I dunno, tomorrow!?

Now I am awake, really cranky and my migraine is still here...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Klaudandus wrote:- Tell boss yer taking afternoon off due to sickness (migraine)
- boss gives the a-ok
- take sleep-inducing drugs and painkillers to ride off the migraine
- boss calls 2 hrs later to tell me I just got new work at a campus, waking me up in the process
- ask boss how urgent the wos are
- get told the work orders are not really urgent

Seriously? That could have waited till... I dunno, tomorrow!?

Now I am awake, really cranky and my migraine is still here...

Solution:
Call in sick tomorrow, turn off phone.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General