Remove Advertisements

Switch from keyboard to Nostromo.. made a review + keybind v

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Switch from keyboard to Nostromo.. made a review + keybind v

Postby frontallobe » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 pm

I switched from keyboard to Nostromo about 10 weeks ago.. I thought I'd make a review + what i settled on for a keybind strategy. Hope it helps anyone considering making the plunge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Co-q5k-xY
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Re: Switch from keyboard to Nostromo.. made a review + keybi

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 am

Tech forum -> viewforum.php?f=44
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Why should this be in the tech forum? It's about World of Warcraft.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 pm

I suppose it could go either way. A change in hardware makes me think "tech." That being said, I also didn't watch the video.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 pm

The title is a tad misleading if it's actually about WoW. I didn't think it was without actually watching the video until you said otherwise, Sab.
Levantine

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 am

Levantine wrote:The title is a tad misleading if it's actually about WoW. I didn't think it was without actually watching the video until you said otherwise, Sab.

I mean, I read the post, he said "keybind strategy", and I assumed he was talking about WoW keybinds because he's a WoW player posting on a WoW forum. I would have been very surprised if I had clicked the video and it turned out he was discussing Call of Duty keybinds. :P I didn't even click the video until someone called him out and I figured I had to verify it.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 pm

I use a Logitech G13 now and love it over the Nostromo. The learning curve was, to say the least, extremely hard...but oh so rewarding.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Levantine wrote:The title is a tad misleading if it's actually about WoW. I didn't think it was without actually watching the video until you said otherwise, Sab.

I mean, I read the post, he said "keybind strategy", and I assumed he was talking about WoW keybinds because he's a WoW player posting on a WoW forum. I would have been very surprised if I had clicked the video and it turned out he was discussing Call of Duty keybinds. :P I didn't even click the video until someone called him out and I figured I had to verify it.

Well this is awkward. I read it as keyboard several times and wasn't until you pointed it out that I noticed that wasn't right.
Levantine

Postby samsara » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 am

Levantine wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Well this is awkward. I read it as keyboard several times and wasn't until you pointed it out that I noticed that wasn't right.

It's some sort of keyboard :)

I wonder why so less people who use this device don't use the thumb-stick for movement. So you can move and have all fingers free for spells, in addition with binded ctrl and alt to the sidebuttons of the mouse you have 45 keybinds + movement on the stick which is fantastic :)
samsara

Postby frontallobe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:13 pm

The movement with the stick (which I totally intended on using) just feels really weird and clunky. It's the hardware I think. It just doesn't feel "right" if that makes any sense.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby samsara » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 am

was the same for me for the first 2 weeks as i wasn't used to it, after a short time it turned out to be quite awesome
samsara

Postby Solanthanius » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 am

I removed the thumb stick and just used it as a d-pad which felt more comfortable
Solanthanius

Postby tullock » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Heh, I use the d pad as binds 1-4. I never got the hang of moving with it.
tullock
Maintankadonor

Return to General