Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 am

Worldie wrote:People making interesting applyes to your guild, being accepted, transferring + faction transferring, being invited, then disappearing from the server after few days without a word.

I r confused.

This is exactly what happened to no fewer than five DKs during FL for us. One got a full set of heroic tokens one night, and never logged in again.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 am

halabar wrote:Your raid group or guild melts down, you go through all the work to find a new one and apply and transfer, and after all of that you finally realize that you've had enough...

Well thing is, with "disappearing from the server" I actually mean they transferred away during the night... not the first time it happened either, so odd. Could at least have said bye.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mannstein » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 am

Worldie wrote:
halabar wrote:Your raid group or guild melts down, you go through all the work to find a new one and apply and transfer, and after all of that you finally realize that you've had enough...

Well thing is, with "disappearing from the server" I actually mean they transferred away during the night... not the first time it happened either, so odd. Could at least have said bye.

Well maybe 50% of all accepted characters on our guild disapear in less then a week, they get in, raid one or two times then "puff" - "offline for "insert number" months", they don't leave the guild or transfer, they simple never log in again.

Disclammer: Do you know that 90% of all statistics are invented on the spot?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... m/1874213/

It seems the only ones upset about this commercial is the white people and not jamaicans... My jamaican friend was cracking up when she saw the commercial.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:26 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/01/29/volkswagen-super-bowl-commercial-racism/1874213/

It seems the only ones upset about this commercial is the white people and not jamaicans... My jamaican friend was cracking up when she saw the commercial.

I feel discriminated! A white guy can't be happy in his own way? only the jamaican way?!! this is an outrage!!!!
:mrgreen:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 am

oh canada...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... rance.html

although to be fair, germany has a similar thing.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 am

Klaudandus wrote:oh canada...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... rance.html

although to be fair, germany has a similar thing.

Having just come back from Thailand, and seeing the way they drive there.. if the "Western powers insurance rules" were applied, either they all should have died long ago, or none would be allowed to drive. Ironically, with all the "rude" driving by western standards, you don't see any road rage, because they all drive that way.

Thailand is pushing to get people to wear helmets.. but that doesn't help the driving.. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Mannstein » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 am

halabar wrote:Thailand is pushing to get people to wear helmets.. but that doesn't help the driving.. :D

Quite the contrary...
The level of crashs there should raise with a need to slightly move your head to check if there is a car/bike/motorcicle before turning with an helmet.

P.S. Now that i think, i don't remember any "thailandise" ever cheking before turning, stop, U-turn or performe bodily functions...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Amusement of the week:
Learning that many 'performance' cars have a feature which amplifies certain sound frequencies from the exhaust/engine within the cabin to make the driver/passengers 'hear the power' while still being nice and quiet outside (mainly for European drive-by sound requirements apparently.)

That's right: we make your car louder, in a very specific range and because drivers apparently like it, but only on the inside.

The funnier bit, I thought, was that apparently there are companies out there that tried (and may still use) electronically synthesized sounds played through your audio system to do this.

I have to admit: I laughed, but it is kinda neat.
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Could there potential on mp3 of "power engines"?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Sagara wrote:Could there potential on mp3 of "power engines"?

Given some of the crazy stuff I've heard about being on the after-market, I wouldn't be surprised.

One of the supplier reps I chatted with described some of the after-market shows like the weapons show scenes in 'Lord of War' (neat movie if you haven't seen it) :P
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 am

Following my frustration of a couple days ago,
Worldie wrote:3 hours of wipes on Amber Shaper because people can't click 1 really hit my alreadyweakened nerves quite hard.

This has suddently made the appearance last night on our guild site, I'm still loling at it :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:01 am

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 am

got an email at the office telling us not to put food trash in our trashcans (that get emptied every night) because it's attracting mice.

It couldn't at all be people leaving large quantities of food on, under and in their desks. Nah.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 am

benebarba wrote:got an email at the office telling us not to put food trash in our trashcans (that get emptied every night) because it's attracting mice.

It couldn't at all be people leaving large quantities of food on, under and in their desks. Nah.

I'd probably reply just with this picture:

Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General