My gear

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

My gear

Postby Käsper » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:11 pm

I have been reading up on the haste build for prot pallys and ive been confused on how i could start changing my gear to have haste instead of mastery any help would be nice
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... r/advanced
Käsper

Re: My gear

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Quick response: go to askmrrobot.com, and use the gear optimizer. Change the modifier to the haste/control dropdown and select Optimize. It'll show you where adjustments can be made. I'd toggle "enforce hit and expertise caps" in the options area.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Getting to 15% expertise (maintaining 7.5% hit) is a bigger priority for a control strategy than stacking haste or mastery. At your gear level (same as mine), that will take most of your reforges, so that the mastery vs haste issue is rather secondary.

I am leery to stack more haste now with GCs tweet that he does not want us to do that and will make it some adjustment to try to change that in 5.2. But if you were to do it, I guess you would have to (a) gem haste rather than stamina (adjust the stamina weight in AMR down for that); (b) go hunting for ret gear with haste on it.

You could armory Fetzie, one of our regular posters, for an example of haste stacking.
econ21

Postby Fetzie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 am

15% Expertise and 7.5% hit are imperative. Don't even think about anything until you get those. There is little to no point stacking the haste if you aren't going to hit every time.

My armory is in the signature.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice