Remove Advertisements

[10H] Elegon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Elegon

Postby Gab » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 am

Warlock's Dark Bargain is fantastic for this they avoid the stun completely. Mage's Greater Invis works too.
Gab

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Gab wrote:Warlock's Dark Bargain is fantastic for this they avoid the stun completely. Mage's Greater Invis works too.

Just what I was looking for, thanks. With our setup of dispersion, dark bargain and invis we didn't have to deal with the stun at all.
Rhiannon

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 am

Vayacondios wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:Thanks - don't suppose anyone knows if above immunities (or blink, or human racial) can at least be used to get rid of the stun/dot that you get after being hit by annihilation? ie hpala using divine protection to take the 500k (300k) annihilation hit and then bubbling off the stun/dot?

Hard bubble, ice block, etc. Doesn't work. You take damage right through it if you pop before the damage and it just does nothing if you try to use it for the stun/damage after the main burst.

When I tank this I have a macro:

Code: Select all
/cast Ardent Defender
/cast Devotion Aura
/cast Divine Protection
/use Healthstone

Soon as the cast starts I use any HP I have for a WoG, refresh SS, and use that macro. ALWAYS puts me to max HP and 9 times out of 10 it makes it so I don't take the stun since I don't drop below 80%. Maxing out your HP as much as you can helps too.

FYI. I only used Goak SS depending on my vengeance (and thus bigger absorb) I dropped to 93-88% health using WoG right before to be at 100% and the tiniest amount of healing getting me out of the stun if it happened at all. really no difficulty here.

the toughest thing for our DPS was to wait to kill the add until I had it on the outher circle when it was belov 25%.

he died on the first night of progression.
Schroom

Postby Vayacondios » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Schroom wrote:
Vayacondios wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:Thanks - don't suppose anyone knows if above immunities (or blink, or human racial) can at least be used to get rid of the stun/dot that you get after being hit by annihilation? ie hpala using divine protection to take the 500k (300k) annihilation hit and then bubbling off the stun/dot?

Hard bubble, ice block, etc. Doesn't work. You take damage right through it if you pop before the damage and it just does nothing if you try to use it for the stun/damage after the main burst.

When I tank this I have a macro:

Code: Select all
/cast Ardent Defender
/cast Devotion Aura
/cast Divine Protection
/use Healthstone

Soon as the cast starts I use any HP I have for a WoG, refresh SS, and use that macro. ALWAYS puts me to max HP and 9 times out of 10 it makes it so I don't take the stun since I don't drop below 80%. Maxing out your HP as much as you can helps too.

FYI. I only used Goak SS depending on my vengeance (and thus bigger absorb) I dropped to 93-88% health using WoG right before to be at 100% and the tiniest amount of healing getting me out of the stun if it happened at all. really no difficulty here.

the toughest thing for our DPS was to wait to kill the add until I had it on the outher circle when it was belov 25%.

he died on the first night of progression.

Take note though that it depends on your total HP also, I run fairly low HP (as in no stam trinks and no pure stam gems) so it takes a little more ummph to keep me above 86%. I throw on my stam trinks and I can lol at the damage since I have around 740k hp (resto shams ftw).
Vayacondios

Postby Schroom » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

I have about 675k HP fully buffed and confirmed, fully healed with only GoAk -> 93% no stun.
Schroom

Postby lakhesis » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:52 am

Cast Execution Sentence on yourself when the add's at about 15-20% HP, then you'll have a backup plan.

Add blows up, damages you & then a couple of seconds later the big last tick of ES's heal lands.

Even if you've been stunned it should put you back over without needing outside help.

And we killed 6 & 6 orbs then just ended up burning the boss while I kited the sparks for the last bit. Our best AOE is melee cleave which can be... exciting... on the sparks - hence we normally leave the sparks till they're high stacked & by that point it was simpler to just finish off killing the boss instead.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Galiks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:38 pm

You can literally do like 6 and 6 sparks or more and then bloodlust and kill the boss without having to do the last phase now that gear is good.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby frontallobe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Not too much extra to this fight but I put together some of the tips/tricks that I could think of. hope they help anyone going to do this guy next. http://youtu.be/1jGhpkDHJog
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Previous

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)