Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am

The idiots have come out of the woodwork on eBay lately.

If you order something, and don't like it, because it isn't as nice as something someone else bought that is a different brand, that's not my problem. If you want to return it, that's fine. But I'm not refunding your shipping. It showed up as described. I even told you when you asked to return it that I wouldn't refund shipping, and you did so anyway. Then you open a Complaint about it?

Are you SERIOUS? And then to complain that it isn't described accurately, and that it is a FAKE?! SERIOUSLY!? You bought a generic thing, for half of the price of the name brand. That's not fake. That's cheap. I don't pretend that it's the Name Brand. I don't say anything that would remotely DESCRIBE it as the name brand. I give you the brand, the company who made it, the dimensions, and the materials it's made from. I give you pictures of it.

And then, I have yet another problem with a person in Brazil. Orders a headlight, leaves negative feedback saying it isn't as described. I'm sorry, what wasn't described? It was NEW. It doesn't have a BOX. It's called SURPLUS. And then not to even contact me and tell me that there is a problem with it? If it showed up broken, it had insurance. I would have filed a claim, and been done with it. Those things are packed in copious amounts of foam to ensure that they have the best chance to arrive intact. If it didn't, the insurance will take care of it.

Seriously people. Don't be FREAKING STUPID.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

That's like asking people to hold their breath indefinitely, Shoju. Never happen.

(I've been listening to a coworker next to me tell this guy, for the last 10 minutes, "3 independent witnesses all agree the guy you hit wasn't speeding. Therefore, HE WASN'T SPEEDING.")
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 pm

It's just frustrating. You don't like somethign? Fine. Return it. Not a problem. I even went above and beyond and waved our normal policy of "no returns on items that aren't defective or not as described" But, to want me to LOSE money on this because you don't like it?

Do people expect to buy something from Best Buy, take it home, realize they don't like it, return it, and then ask for their gas money back on the original trip to the store?
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Mannstein » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm

I work in the it of a global company... you don't imagine the idiocity i face from the soo called Master Minds...

IT Senior tech: "I don't how could they f`ck up this simple instruction"
Me: "They did exactly what you told them to do"
IT Senior tech: "yes, they should know better"

IT Senior Tech: "I implemented this change without your authorisation, now the audit are filling a report, can you help me answer them?"
Me: "You did what?!"

IT Project Manager:"I need to order aditional servers and space for a project, who can i speak?"
Me (ironic):"Maybe you should get a IT Project Manager"
IT Project Manager:"Cool, do you have his contact?"

IT Project Manager:"All new Processes and mandatory IT comms should be placed on the IT Portal. I can't read all those emails."
Human Resource Cooworker:"Good idea, what do you like the most on the IT Portal?"
IT Project Manager:"Oh, i have never entered it."

This is not make up, this are serious work discussions :S
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby djlar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

People in my workplace thinks that if a thing has cables or works with electricity I.T. should fix it...

Say for example an extension cord or a lightbulb...
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 pm

djlar wrote:People in my workplace thinks that if a thing has cables or works with electricity I.T. should fix it...

Say for example an extension cord or a lightbulb...


Or a PA system, or a 20 yr old tv...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Or when people ask me the status on their car repairs...

"Um, we're waiting for the final bill so we can pay it."
"Yes, but where in the repairs are they? Has it been fixed? Painted?"
"...have you tried calling the shop directly and asking?"
"Oh, I can do that?!"
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 pm

3 hours of wipes on Amber Shaper because people can't click 1 really hit my alreadyweakened nerves quite hard.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Worldie wrote:3 hours of wipes on Amber Shaper because people can't click 1 really hit my alreadyweakened nerves quite hard.

lol I know this pain all too well.

I also got the "my "1" button didn't work!". :|
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Ah, that was some fun progression there. For strange values of "fun". How did we kill that guy?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Ah, that was some fun progression there. For strange values of "fun". How did we kill that guy?

I handheld. That's how. :|
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:3 hours of wipes on Amber Shaper because people can't click 1 really hit my alreadyweakened nerves quite hard.

lol I know this pain all too well.

I also got the "my "1" button didn't work!". :|

Problem is, the tactic for amber shaper heroic is very tight, meaning if one person fails at timing his hit, the stacks drop and you might as well wipe since you will wipe on enrage anyway.
Very frustrating to wipe over and over after 6-7 mins of fight, because of something you can't control.

The saddest part is, we had 4 recruits in raid as well, who also got the construct, and did all well at first attempt without failing, while some wellknown elder members kept failing at it until the raid leader eventually raged at them and replaced them.

I'm sort of glad this sunday I'm out with my girl so I won't be there to fail even more :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Mannstein » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 am

Worldie wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:3 hours of wipes on Amber Shaper because people can't click 1 really hit my alreadyweakened nerves quite hard.

lol I know this pain all too well.

I also got the "my "1" button didn't work!". :|

Problem is, the tactic for amber shaper heroic is very tight, meaning if one person fails at timing his hit, the stacks drop and you might as well wipe since you will wipe on enrage anyway.
Very frustrating to wipe over and over after 6-7 mins of fight, because of something you can't control.

The saddest part is, we had 4 recruits in raid as well, who also got the construct, and did all well at first attempt without failing, while some wellknown elder members kept failing at it until the raid leader eventually raged at them and replaced them.

I'm sort of glad this sunday I'm out with my girl so I won't be there to fail even more :|

Well, do you raid 25men, this issue is even worst there... (personal experience)
You can wipe all night and on the last try, aka "this is it", it hit's some guy that has never been inside the abomination.

In 25men, we are using a different tactic that was the tank did all the interrupts and the new "add" just kept the stacks...
Easy job for me, who none-the-less failed... yes i'm one of those...
I did my interrupts and kept stacks, but when i was missing 5seconds to leave the "abomination" i waited to refresh the stack till the last second... so Morgan's law:
Tank moves the boss, i press "1"... out of range... move forward... "Mind-control"... leave the add :S
Wipe..

P.S. i think the range on the ability is slightly bigger that melle range, but somehow i was "THAT" far of the boss on the critical second.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:30 am

We are using the tactic where the tank does all the interrupts while other constructs have only to keep the stack on boss and interrupt self.

Failing to interrupts self doesnt necessary mean a wipe as the construct aoe only hits for 250k or so... Lost count of the amount of wipes for losing stacks on the boss. Not sure what's so hard in spamming 1 really :s

p.s. as you might have noticed from my rage posts in the previous page, I do raid 25 heroic :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13343
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Mannstein » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:59 am

Worldie wrote:We are using the tactic where the tank does all the interrupts while other constructs have only to keep the stack on boss and interrupt self.

Failing to interrupts self doesnt necessary mean a wipe as the construct aoe only hits for 250k or so... Lost count of the amount of wipes for losing stacks on the boss. Not sure what's so hard in spamming 1 really :s

p.s. as you might have noticed from my rage posts in the previous page, I do raid 25 heroic :P

I was also on 25 heroic... until my guild implode :S

Now it's a 10men and i log once a week to ask if they are already 25men.

Cheers
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest