Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:But Divine Star is better dps... :-) Halo doesn't work well when you are supposed to do a lot of stacking.

Heh, I'm actually messing around a bit with the Star now :)
(Plus, it's something else you can actually hit on-the-move - I got REALLY spoiled by playing my hunter...)

It's been a while, but everything I looked at before (IV, mainly) said to just take Halo and use it as a damage cooldown. That just seems like a colossal waste of a skill to me - Halo's a very good healing CD and should be used as such. (Not so good when stacked up, as you said, but quite nice otherwise.)

The problem with Halo is that it has that "sweet spot" to do great dps.. and it falls off rapidly if you are not at the exact range. Once they buffed DS, a lot of spriests went to it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Worldie wrote:Sorry, random raging, I really hate being a dead weight in my raid group. Hardcore people bring shadowpriests to single target fights only when they have no other casters to fill the spots nowadays.

Now a days? According to Raid Bots outside of outliers like Arcane and Afflicttion Shadow is a top DPS spec for this entire tier.

Sounds to me you're just bitching to bitch and you regret playing a class you're not amazing at.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Welcome to Maintankadin:

Come for the theorycraft
Stay for the rampant complaining and wild accusations about how everyone's class is the worst class in the game and it's all Blizzards fault.

Also bonus points for saying

Let's not be stupid

And still you say

In real raiding, Shadowpriests are a DPS, they can't use any of their support skills.
No, sorry, 10 men normal and LFR are not "real raiding". They are tuned for casuals and disorganized groups, so even if you stop doing dps and start healing, the boss wont Enrage wipe you.

It almost makes sense now.
Last edited by Teranoid on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Worldie wrote:In real raiding, Shadowpriests are a DPS, they can't use any of their support skills.
No, sorry, 10 men normal and LFR are not "real raiding". They are tuned for casuals and disorganized groups, so even if you stop doing dps and start healing, the boss wont Enrage wipe you.

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm

25 man normal is tuned just the same as 10 man, except you can let the tank die three times and still kill the boss. Both formats are challenging on Heroic mode.

I've done both formats in two different, equally progressed groups in roughly equivalent gear.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm not a "real raider" in Worldie's eyes, but I constantly bubble myself (and occasionally the tanks), use PoM, and even put up a renew here and there. It's mostly to fish for Twist of Fate procs, but it certainly helped when our healers (holy priest/pally) were struggling. Of course... now we have Ami doing the shaman thing, so it's less of an issue, but I do still sometimes get the damage boost outside of execute.

As for Halo vs Divine Star, I tried Divine Star for a little bit... the cd is too short for me to remember to hit it every time, but that could be fixed by using it more.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

My main raid just imploded. No I am without a job.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Worldie wrote:Hymn of Hope is hardly noticeable, fights are tuned with healers not having it, and even when they have it it's a very minimal amount of mana.

I don't know about your raid, but we've used Hymn of Hope for progression kills fairly often.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Darielle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

The REAL big thing is Dispersion. While it's not unique in its ability to take care of mechanics (e.g. Ice Block, Divine Shield), its cooldown and the fact that it's not an immunity make it pretty much the most universally handy soak mechanic that Blizzard can never bypass.
Darielle

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Klaudandus wrote:My main raid just imploded. No I am without a job.

The two infinites of the universe strike again... Well, at least you've got your job cut out for the coming days...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Mannstein » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:20 am

theckhd wrote:
Worldie wrote:Hymn of Hope is hardly noticeable, fights are tuned with healers not having it, and even when they have it it's a very minimal amount of mana.

I don't know about your raid, but we've used Hymn of Hope for progression kills fairly often.

If i had a STG pot for each progression fight where the SP (2)were requested to cast Hymn, i would NEVAR need to go farming again....
In 25men, 2shammy(enhac/elem) and 2SP means you need 1less healer...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 am

I disagree. And I don't really see how shadow is "amazing and topping meters", as I said, I can hit fairly consistently my simmed DPS, and I'm constantly bottom of the line, not cause they outskill me, but because other classes just scale better with gear.
I don't even ask for topping meters, I'm not a dps whore, I just ask to be competitive and justify my raid spot. Back in the days when i occasionally played Ret in raids, I had no problems in being bottom DPS because my raid benefitted greatly from the buffs I bring. Right now, I feel I bring the raid nothing.

p.s. I remember this is a "post your Frustration" threat, we made it to allow people to rant a bit when they need to get it out, and right now, I'm quite disappointed by my situation.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 am

i don't think people have a problem with ranting...it's that you shit on a bunch of people that don't raid 25 man and therefore they aren't "real raiders".
twinkfist

Postby Jabari » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 am

twinkfist wrote:i don't think people have a problem with ranting...it's that you shit on a bunch of people that don't raid 25 man and therefore they aren't "real raiders".

Well, defecating on the people that are (attempting to) give advice might be a bit of that, too. *shrug*

Perhaps calming down and not "random raging" so much might solve some of the <The Guildbreaker> issues, too? :wink:

Random frustration:
- My "non real raiding group" (uber-casual, not-very-talented, 3 hour a week, 10-man normal) got Feng down last night. 4 drops, 3 of which were DE-ed because everyone has equivalent-or-better VP stuff.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

Meh. I don't like being replied "but you bring utility" when the only utility we bring is Hymn of Hope which is hardly necessary.

And even if, it doesnt justify being 30% dps behind other Single Target dps.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General