Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby benebarba » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Darielle wrote:The weapons even have Sha Sockets in them, the same icons and the same stats. Everything is a placeholder for now.

Considering they are going to continue to let you buy the gems and the sockets (at least AFAIK)... I hardly see how that is an indication that those aren't likely to be the pieces.
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm

benebarba wrote:
Darielle wrote:The weapons even have Sha Sockets in them, the same icons and the same stats. Everything is a placeholder for now.

Considering they are going to continue to let you buy the gems and the sockets (at least AFAIK)... I hardly see how that is an indication that those aren't likely to be the pieces.

See here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7763316421#8

You're really best off sticking to information actually contained in our patch notes or other official channels of communication if you're looking to avoid confusion.

There are no more Sha-Touched weapons forthcoming. If you've been diligent about helping Wrathion and continue to do so, your reward in 5.2 is going to be a legendary meta-gem that can go in any helmet.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Fetzie wrote:
benebarba wrote:

See here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7763316421#8

You're really best off sticking to information actually contained in our patch notes or other official channels of communication if you're looking to avoid confusion.

There are no more Sha-Touched weapons forthcoming. If you've been diligent about helping Wrathion and continue to do so, your reward in 5.2 is going to be a legendary meta-gem that can go in any helmet.

heh - disregard previous post :P
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am

I did end up reading some more of the posts in that thread... I can kind of understand some of the sentiment of 'WTF, yo, I did this thing late in the patch, then got a weapon upgrade and unless I finish the next part, it's like I never did anything?'. But I imagine most folks will end up holding onto their sha-touched weapon with all the shinies for a fair bit of time. Going from 489 to 502 (LFR->LFR upgrade) doesn't seem like it is likely to make up for a +500 primary (other than stam) and a prismatic socket.

Am I missing something? It seems like you'd need to go from an LFR sha-touched weapon fully upgraded (gem + socket, not VP upgrade) to something like a heroic weapon from 5.2 to make up for that... which I imagine is a fairly unlikely scenario.
benebarba

Postby Gab » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 am

benebarba wrote:Am I missing something?

I don't know how highly all classes vaule weapon ilvl. But keep in mind that the spell power contribution for casters/healers and the weapon dps contribution for physical dps is usually weighted a lot higher than other stats.

For example my personal ret sims had 502 Starshatter > 496 Shin'ka w/ Crystalized Terror. It's only now, with the addition of the prismatic socket that Shin'ka eeks out a very small dps increase over the Starshatter.

So an LFR Sha touched (483) with a Sha touched gem AND prismatic socket will almost certainly be replaced by the new 502 LFR weapons afaik. At least for ret, although I imagine that will be the case with most classes. A double upgraded Sha touched (491) might be a little closer for some classes.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 am

Some classes are very dependent on weapon damage, not just AP, for their abilities...

Even us, to some degree...

Cons is just AP...cs and hotr are based on weapon damage + AP
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Darielle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 pm

It also depends on where your stats take you. If you're a Feral for whom Haste stacking wins out at a point in time (more Shredding), your weapon means more than if Mastery stacking is the game (increased bleed damage don't care about weapons)
Darielle

Postby Jaitee » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 am

Darielle wrote:It also depends on where your stats take you. If you're a Feral for whom Haste stacking wins out at a point in time (more Shredding), your weapon means more than if Mastery stacking is the game (increased bleed damage don't care about weapons)

dont ferals get a large portion of their AP from "feral attack power" which is based completely on weapon damage or dps? so better weapon = more AP = bigger bleeds
Jaitee

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:40 am

That was 2 expansions ago :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 am

Feral Druids now get their weapon damage from the average dps of the weapon equipped (gets normalised to a 1 second swing time) or something like taht.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Darielle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 am

Ferals lost the ability to FAP a long time back.
Darielle

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 am

Darielle wrote:Ferals lost the ability to FAP a long time back.

I see what you did there :)

Fetzie

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95509-mantid ... ic-locator makes me almost as happy as new battle pets.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 pm

I can't help but notice that the Wrathion line isn't exactly "Stimulating" for rewards to a tank. I guess the Sha Gem would give you a fair amount of parry, but with the changes to the metas, who in the world would bother using one of those now to tank with?
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 pm

Shoju wrote:I can't help but notice that the Wrathion line isn't exactly "Stimulating" for rewards to a tank. I guess the Sha Gem would give you a fair amount of parry, but with the changes to the metas, who in the world would bother using one of those now to tank with?

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95344-indomi ... al-diamond seems pretty okay. The DPS ones were changed from stamina to a DPS, the tank one didn't get changed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General