Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Shoju wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Well, Eagles, Jags, Cards and Jets could use a QB...

cough cough browns cough cough

Well, yeah, but I didn't want to pile on the browns =P

And the cards and jets are worse at QB than the browns.

Oh it's ok, the most Browns fans who aren't stupid realize what's up. We know that we need a QB.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:57 am

For all the dread about two weeks of nothing but Har-Bowl and Ray Lewis talk the only thing I've seen have been stories about how there will be nothing but Har-Bowl talk and Ray Lewis felating.

I've yet to see an actual piece depicting what people said we'd have nothing but of. Just people talking about how we'd have nothing but Har-Bowl talk and people going "How come no one brings up the murders?" when talking about Ray Lewis' media treatment.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 am

Fining a player for wearing his socks too low? What's next...having a dirty uniform after half time?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Flex wrote:For all the dread about two weeks of nothing but Har-Bowl and Ray Lewis talk the only thing I've seen have been stories about how there will be nothing but Har-Bowl talk and Ray Lewis felating.

I've yet to see an actual piece depicting what people said we'd have nothing but of. Just people talking about how we'd have nothing but Har-Bowl talk and people going "How come no one brings up the murders?" when talking about Ray Lewis' media treatment.

The "angry" Browns fans still talk about the murders with Lewis. I think that his treatment in the media is what it is, because he has "appeared" (and I use " because I'm not in baltimore, so I can't say on a consistent basis) to be a completely changed man.

Though I have to say, finding out last night on ESPN that Lewis' first NFL sack was against Harbaugh West was pretty funny.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:39 pm

The Lewis thing is that no one is talking about him that I've seen except the people talking about him not having the murders talked about. So the only thing I've seen talked about is the murders, it is a weird cycle. I'm sure it'll change after this weekend though,
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Ok, so are Phoenix fans allowed to commiserate with Cleveland fans for a while?

Football: The Cardinals suck, have no QB or O-Line, RBs made out of peanut brittle, just fired their coach and chased away their good D-coordinator (the defense being the lone bright spot of the team), and won a couple games they should have lost if they wanted to get one of the two "can't miss" LTs in the coming draft.

Hoops: The Suns are a complete dysfunctional mess - just fired their coach midseason, chased off their top two assistants (one of which is only one of the top 3 most beloved basketball players ever in this city) to promote a guy that everyone here seems to think was a "mole" brought in at the start of the season, have no stars (at all) - only a huge pile of role-players, a cheap-ass (possibly bankrupt) owner, a history of horrid draft picks, and the whole city's basically turned against them (well, the GM and whatever Lon Babby is, at least).

Baseball: The D-backs were decent with some good players, a couple stars, and good young arms just breaking in. Now they've made two trades, both of which have been completely shredded by the national media - first getting rid of Bauer for "not much", and now they just traded J-Up for some spare parts. It's been so bad that they also got rid of a great defensive center fielder and nobody even said anything because that got drowned out by worse stuff.

Jonah Keri @ Grantland just wrote: "Instead, this is a team that traded multiple quality players to get two shortstops who both might not solve the problem, willingly took on two years and multiple millions for Heath Bell, ditched Trevor Bauer before we could find out what he could become, and traded their best player for no good reason."

Hockey: Hey - a bright spot (nevermind that whole "lockout" thingy)! Go Coyotes! :)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Jabari wrote:Ok, so are Phoenix fans allowed to commiserate with Cleveland fans for a while?

Hockey: Hey - a bright spot (nevermind that whole "lockout" thingy)! Go Coyotes! :)

No. A bright spot does not happen in Cleveland.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Amused by the current meltdown in Lakerland. I can only hope that they continue this way and miss the playoffs. That would be golden.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 pm

halabar wrote:Amused by the current meltdown in Lakerland. I can only hope that they continue this way and miss the playoffs. That would be golden.

Ditto. Only thing better would be a meltdown in Miami.
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
halabar wrote:Amused by the current meltdown in Lakerland. I can only hope that they continue this way and miss the playoffs. That would be golden.

Ditto. Only thing better would be a meltdown in Miami.

But you gotta understand, I live in LA. The laker nation surpasses most fan bases in terms of being utterly annoying.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm

The Capitals new system is let up 4+ goals a game and score 1.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Flex wrote:
Jabari wrote:Ok, so are Phoenix fans allowed to commiserate with Cleveland fans for a while?

No. A bright spot does not happen in Cleveland.

not true. there are bright spots in cleveland. THey are called coaches, or players. These bright spots are then crushed into oblivion by the whims of the front office, and men named Lerner, Gilbert, or Dolan.

The jury is still out on the Browns Front Office guy, but I'm pretty sure that will be part of Lombardi's job description. Crushing the Hope of the Fan base, one bone chilling blunder at a time.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 am

The talent exodus from ESPN is continuing. Rachel Nichols has left for CNN/Turner.

Which sucks. She was one of the Female ESPN Reporters that I felt could hang with the men. I had wished that she would have ended up doing the Sunday Countdown stuff instead of Kolber. I can't stand Kolber.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Carl Pavano shovels snow -- out 6 to 8 weeks
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/88789 ... -6-8-weeks

And because I hate the Yankees
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/ne ... &eref=sihp
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General