Remove Advertisements

[10H] Will of the Emperor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

[10H] Will of the Emperor

Postby timoseewho » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Hello, how's everyone been fairing in MV? To anyone who's had attempts or done Will of the Emperor on heroic, how do you deal with the sparks? And do you have a third tank tanking the strengths or just anyone who's able to taunt works? About the gas, I just know it's on 100%, but is the damage buffs on as well? Do the adds stop spawning at intervals (since on normal, they stop during the gas)? Any other tips welcomed! Thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Re: [10H] Will of the Emperor

Postby Kishandra » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am

We kill sparks that we don't have cooldowns for, otherwise, we just have someone pop some large immunity/damage reduction cd and have them jump to pop the sparks.

You don't even need a taunt to tank the strengths, anything that can dps on the move (lots of strafing) can tank the strengths just fine since they don't actually melee. On the other hand, having a tank specced third character to bait the courages is great.

The melee damage buff also has a 100% uptime. Enjoy your 150k dps, tanks.

The adds do stop spawming just like on normal, here's the pattern:

1 - rages
2 - strength
3 - rages and courage
4 - rages and strength
5 - ~1:30 of intermission
Repeat

This is modified for the pull - there are two add spawning cycles back to back with no intermission since there are no bosses for the first cycle.

Best advice I can give is prioritize adds above everything else. Every dps should attack adds as much as possible and only be on the boss when absolutely -everything- is dead. Don't worry about the enrage - tanks can do upwards of 150 mil damage to the bosses alone, and dps scales a bit slow at the start due to late boss spawns.
Kishandra

Postby timoseewho » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Okay thanks!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Mokoshne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 am

Is there a method where tanks can soak the Titan Spark, thereby not worrying about CC? I noticed in the Paragon 10man kill video they had a guardian druid eat every single Titan Spark and was wondering how this is done and if other tanks could do it ? Warr / Pally? etc
Mokoshne

Postby Teloc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

I ate one spark in the beginning. Before the bosses were spawned. Our tank druid didn't eat any.

Hunters can eat the sparks every min. Warlocks can pop cd's to eat one, rogues can cloak it, Shadow priests can disperse them. Our monk healer also ate a few with his CD's. Paladins can Divine protection to eat a few as well. Honestly the spark thing is the only real hard part of the fight it seems. Once you can control the eating of the sparks and keep them under control the rest is just rinse and repeat.

Try to gather up a few mobs that die at once so one cd can get multiple sparks.

As to one person eating all the sparks...what where they using to cd each spark?
Teloc

Postby Darielle » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Teloc wrote:I ate one spark in the beginning. Before the bosses were spawned. Our tank druid didn't eat any.

Hunters can eat the sparks every min. Warlocks can pop cd's to eat one, rogues can cloak it, Shadow priests can disperse them. Our monk healer also ate a few with his CD's. Paladins can Divine protection to eat a few as well. Honestly the spark thing is the only real hard part of the fight it seems. Once you can control the eating of the sparks and keep them under control the rest is just rinse and repeat.

Try to gather up a few mobs that die at once so one cd can get multiple sparks.

As to one person eating all the sparks...what where they using to cd each spark?

The Sparks do 750k base. A tank who spaces them out could realistically soak them one by one even without cooldowns, getting topped off in between each, and since Guardians have even higher passive reduction, they should be exploding for maybe just over 450k with no cooldowns?

There are logs where it's literally just a Rogue Feinting and then eating it for ~260k the entire fight, using Cloaks to soak doubles.
Darielle

Postby Kai » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:19 am

gathering mobs to aoe them seemed too annoying to us. requires a pretty specific setup to keep them in place/pull them back. at this point I don't tihnk it's needed any more as everyone should have enough gear to beat the enrage and just normally kill the spawns.
I would try to use as many immunities to soak as possible as there's already lots of healing to be done and healing up 400k+ is not really that much fun. any druid can also find a symbiosis target to get some sort of immunity CD, can hardly imagine a raid setup where that's not possible.
Kai

Postby iAvatar » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm

About to start progress on this fight.

Is using a melee dps to tank strengths still the way to go?

DPS comp shadow priest, warlock, hunter, rogue, ele shaman, moonkin.

Healers: Monk and holy paladin. Shaman is usually resto but can dps, as can the monk.

Tanks: Blood DK and Warrior

Is 3 healers an option?

Do 40% damage reductions work for soaking the sparks or do you need better tricks like Cloak of Shadows, Deterrence and Dark Bargain?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

General idea of sparks we have so far: dispersion, deterrence, cloak, dark bargain.
Avátar of <Last Attempt> Thaurissan
6/6 H MSV | 6/6 H HoF | 4/4 H TEOS
iAvatar

Postby Kai » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 am

have the rogue on the strength, let warlock/owl/spriest dot them up so the rogue doesn't get behind, but 1 set of dots should be more then enough. rogue should soak the strength as well, but will need to be topped when cloak is not available as he needs to use feint to get a 50% reduction against aoe dmg. if he's topped, that's no problem.

then to soak the other mobs you got a million possibilities. dispersion, deterrence, dark bargain, owl (gets dispersion from a spriest, i think) should be more then enough. have your casters stand middlish, hunter needs to mainly CC stuff and you got knockback from owl and elemental shaman plus aoe stun from warlock. make sure the warlock keeps his stun for rage spawns and uses it when the rogue gets targeted as you really don't want one of them to run to side, they should walk together towards the caster camp so the sparks can get soaked together.

you could certainly kill it with 3 healers, but really, 2 is more then enough. no one should be taking any dmg. early attempts it might look overwhelming, but that's only because stuff isn't slowed/stunned/killed fast/efficiently enough. once dps gets the hang of it, two healers can very easily cover it.
Kai

Postby frontallobe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Got bored and put together a "how to do the tank dance" video. Hope it helps anyone attempting this for the first time and saves them some wipes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gB0MC_zlqs
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby daishan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 am

Killed it last night :D
We had a less than prefect raid comp.
Tanks prot pally and blood dk
Heals disco and holy pally
Ranged spriest, huntard, frost mage
Melee rogue, frost dk, os monk

We had our dps dk mass dg rages to help group up the sets of 4 then our hunter and spriest took turns soaking the 4 sparks.
Rogue tanking strengths and soaking that spark.
Mage and hunter on courage with mage blink soaking spark.
Haste build be op for prot on this fight, I found PoJ to be the best movement talent, just got clipped the once near the end of the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDeEVfYi ... r_embeddeD

First vid I've made so less than amazing, might be of some small help to other tanks.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Postby Chronos » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 am

Does anyone have any tips tricks or further advice for this fight? My group struggled to keep overall dps high enough to manage adds even with six dps all on adds only. We tried three tanks, three heals, settled on six dps but still are struggling. Most kill videos ive seen no one was ccing to aoe rages which makes me think we all just need to perform better. Our healers are oom fsst, people seem to be taking a 2-3mil total in rage damage, sparks are okay but adds are not dying fast enough - courage getting to tanks etc. Didnt even make it to first intermission. Our line up tonight will be different and hopefully higher dps with me as ret: ret, hunt, lock, enhsham, boomkin, holypal, holypriest, guardiandruid, brewmaster, and the tenth spot uncertain, priest maybe. Would really appreciate anything that drastically improved your pulls. Ty.
Chronos

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Chronos wrote:Does anyone have any tips tricks or further advice for this fight? My group struggled to keep overall dps high enough to manage adds even with six dps all on adds only. We tried three tanks, three heals, settled on six dps but still are struggling. Most kill videos ive seen no one was ccing to aoe rages which makes me think we all just need to perform better. Our healers are oom fsst, people seem to be taking a 2-3mil total in rage damage, sparks are okay but adds are not dying fast enough - courage getting to tanks etc. Didnt even make it to first intermission. Our line up tonight will be different and hopefully higher dps with me as ret: ret, hunt, lock, enhsham, boomkin, holypal, holypriest, guardiandruid, brewmaster, and the tenth spot uncertain, priest maybe. Would really appreciate anything that drastically improved your pulls. Ty.

CC'ing to AoE Rages is a definitely improvement to keep dps high enough to manage adds - it just comes at a cost to "control". We CC the 2nd set of Rages which frees up to deal with more important adds and come back to the Rages when the 3rd set spawns. People definitely should not be taking much Rage damage.

The first part is the roughest part of the fight, because you get two "waves" back to back. Once you're through that, the remaining "waves" become much easier to handle.
Darielle

Postby Magnilda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 am

Anybody have any soaking advice for a 10-man guild with no Druids or Rogues?

Our DPS is usually made up from the following - Hunter (x2), Warlock (x2), DK, Mage, Warrior, Shadow Priest.
Magnilda

Postby daishan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am

These are the times I estimated for my guild from some vids and forum posts I looked up some time ago, not precise but fairly close.

rages - 0:10
strength - 0:25
rages - 0:42
courage - 1:00
strength - 1:15
rages - 1:15
Bosses - 1:30 ish
rages - 1:55
strength - 2:10
rages - 2:27
courage - 2:50
strength - 3:00
rages - 3:00

<< transition >>

rages - 4:30
strength - 4:45
rages - 5:02
courage - 5:20
strength - 5:35
rages - 5:35

<< transition >>

rages - 7:05
strength - 7:20
rages - 7:37
courage - 7:55
strength - 8:10
rages - 8:10

With your comp I'd take:-

1 DK to "tank" and soak sparks from the strengths
1 Mage to soak courage sparks, they can blink away from spark and not take any dmg, takes some practice, spec cauterize :p
Kill rages in pairs use tanks for 1st 2 pairs before Bosses spawn, 3rd pair spriest then hunters for next 2 pairs spriest for 6th, might need to glyph dispersion or have the lock or healers take these.
After that the hunters and spriest should be able to rotate for taking pairs of rage sparks.
Hope that helps and gl.
Daishan of <Nidor Amo Nex>
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
daishan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)