Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Amirya wrote: And it's not a fricken Satanic ritual when they ask to take a 5 minute to put the kids to bed.

How can you be so sure that they aren't performing a Satanic ritual when they put them to bed? :P
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nooska » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 pm

On progression of T14 v T11, I'd say its slower. I saw GC congratulate someone on their heroic sha kill of 21 jan - as US 22nd, thats a bit slower than what I remember from T11 (4 months, and only 22nd US)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm

I too feel like we moved faster in Cata than we are in Mists. We're only 5/16 right now, though we were really hamstrung by the holidays, and having lost a healer for several months, having to make do with an offspec healer who only really put out (maybe) half the output of the lost healer.

Since that healer's come back, we've actually done serious progression on Elegon and Blade Lord for the first time in months.

But you're right about the throughput checks on bosses. Hour of Twilight had three dance fights (Halfus, the Dragon pair, and the Twilight Council), and then a nasty dance/output fight. Blackwing had a couple dances to start (Magmaw and Omnitronks), then a healing check...something (Chimaeron, a very odd fight), a very interesting dance (Blindy the Magic Dragon), and an add-control dancey fight (Maloriak), and it capped with a major output fight in Nef.

To me, most of the Cata fights, I felt our wipes were on mechanics. Now at least, the two bosses we're stuck on is because of dps not being able to put out the numbers necessary to hammer things. I didn't really feel we hit that stage until Nef and Cho'gall in Cata.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 pm

theckhd wrote:
Amirya wrote: And it's not a fricken Satanic ritual when they ask to take a 5 minute to put the kids to bed.

How can you be so sure that they aren't performing a Satanic ritual when they put them to bed? :P

Wellll...they could be...but here's why I doubt that (at least with the healer).

Whenever we do Feng, I am the one who says, "and after Epicenter, GET OUT OF THE CENTER. DO NOT GET HIT BY THE LIGHTNING." So this past weekend, Feng wound up all skewed, so instead of doing his lightning whatever down the center, he did it off to the side. I almost ran into it, saw it in time, and went the other way.

She ran straight into it (and died). "OMG. I blame Ami, she had me terrified of staying in the center, so I just ran!" :lol:

Being a scary person has its amusements.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:To me, most of the Cata fights, I felt our wipes were on mechanics. Now at least, the two bosses we're stuck on is because of dps not being able to put out the numbers necessary to hammer things. I didn't really feel we hit that stage until Nef and Cho'gall in Cata.

Agreed.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
CrimsonEyes wrote:To me, most of the Cata fights, I felt our wipes were on mechanics. Now at least, the two bosses we're stuck on is because of dps not being able to put out the numbers necessary to hammer things. I didn't really feel we hit that stage until Nef and Cho'gall in Cata.

Agreed.

I like the cut of your jib.

And that you use the second-best Pony as your avatar.

But in seriousness, we've GOT the mechanics for Elegon now, tanks have the plan, can do the switch, can take the hits, and the dps know to switch, to clear stacks, and etc, and we're doing four stacks of the debuff each sparks phase, dps just aren't outputting enough pain.

Same with Blade Lord, he's falling WAAAY too fast during Phase 1, we've had to use Bloodlust off the start to get him to Phase 2 before we exhaust our free space....and that's not good at ALL. Again, we've got the dance in all areas, just bigger numbers are what's needed.

That very much wasn't the case in first Tier of Cata, where I could easily point to Mechanic X and say 'soon as we stop derping it up on that mechanic, we can DO this!', at least until the very end bosses.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Same with Blade Lord, he's falling WAAAY too fast during Phase 1, we've had to use Bloodlust off the start to get him to Phase 2 before we exhaust our free space....and that's not good at ALL. Again, we've got the dance in all areas, just bigger numbers are what's needed.

Isn't that when you are supposed to use bloodlust at Blade Lord? It is the only time in the fight where you can basically sit and cast for 40 straight seconds.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Fetzie wrote:Isn't that when you are supposed to use bloodlust at Blade Lord? It is the only time in the fight where you can basically sit and cast for 40 straight seconds.

I've heard you use it once you get to him the first time in Phase2, so you can push him to move to the next area faster, and reduce the amount of healing the healers have to do.

That was, as I understood it, the ideal. If I'm wrong here, wouldn't be the first time by any means.

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:
Fetzie wrote:Isn't that when you are supposed to use bloodlust at Blade Lord? It is the only time in the fight where you can basically sit and cast for 40 straight seconds.

I've heard you use it once you get to him the first time in Phase2, so you can push him to move to the next area faster, and reduce the amount of healing the healers have to do.

That was, as I understood it, the ideal. If I'm wrong here, wouldn't be the first time by any means.

I've only ever seen it used on the pull.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:57 pm

How does one fix Windows 7 not being able to start the print spooler with an error code 1503. Every solution I have found online is a dirty lie that does not work.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Klaudandus wrote:

Agreed.

Not to mention that certain classes with more spikey dps have it rough on Elegon as well. My newly former raid team had huge issues there for a few weeks until some gear and some strategy changes evened things out on the sparks.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Our healer who DPSed in mostly heal gear did similar and sometimes better DPS than a hunter.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 pm

night-day swings (and the associated physical funkiness) as a result of having to cover builds at work. Upside is my boss is totally cool with the fact that most humans can't work all night then all day while still being useful, and so I won't need to be in again until later in the afternoon.

But so far, it's been boring. Which is good - when things get exciting for project management, it seems to always be 'ZOMG, there's fire raining from the sky and it's all your fault' kinda exciting.

I miss science sometimes - at least there excitement had happy yelling. ;)
benebarba

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Flex wrote:Our healer who DPSed in mostly heal gear did similar and sometimes better DPS than a hunter.

OP disc that's getting nerfed? Disc would be more reliable on the sparks. Hunter looses a lot from pet movement on that fight.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Kelerei » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:51 am

Hespherus wrote:
Kelerei wrote:Garalon... *sigh*

It's really frustrating at the moment -- we're doing everything right except actually killing it. :P

Enrage issues?

Yup.

We're raiding tonight again, so if we don't get it down, I'll put up the logs for some healthy constructive criticism. ;)
Kelerei

PreviousNext

Return to General