Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

Worldie wrote:This new Thunderforged shit makes me wonder wtf they are thinking. It's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=210196/thun ... e-ptr-soon

Wow.....
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 am

Reasoning makes sense, but everybody hates everything, so what are you gonna do.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fenris » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 am

Flex wrote:Reasoning makes sense, but everybody hates everything, so what are you gonna do.

Reasoning makes sense.

The way they ended with that reasoning makes not.

Balancing 25 and 10 based on,in the end,drop-luck?Yeah...
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 am

It's still not going to stop the decline of 25 man raiding.
Teranoid

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:06 am

So they tried out valor having continued use to increase your items, now they're trying out rare-drop higher ilevel loot. Guess this is the "lets experiment with new ways to extend content and keep people raiding" expansion. Blizzard don't seem to like that much of the patch cycle tends to be high activity when a new tier/season launches then a decline until the next comes out.

This system is different, and I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the idea. Lets see how it feels in practice.

Regarding 10/25: Any benefit that is theoretical and not immediately recognisable when playing is going to have a minimal effect on which size raid people choose. Having a "small chance" for slightly better loot isn't something that will instantly make people feel that organising a 25 is worth the effort, though it might bring some players across.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 am

Fact is simple, the only way to revitalize 25 men is to give them again better loots. Make Thunderforged only drop in 25, then we'd be talking.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 am

I don't mind the Thunderforged, and it may explain why they removed the upgrade dude, but it still won't solve the 25 man thing. It just makes farm content more relevant, provides for more loot drama, and theoretically will slowly boost progression.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am

Worldie wrote:Fact is simple, the only way to revitalize 25 men is to give them again better loots. Make Thunderforged only drop in 25, then we'd be talking.

I don't think getting more players back into 25 player is really worth screwing over the 10-man segment of the player base.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 am

Worldie wrote:Fact is simple, the only way to revitalize 25 men is to give them again better loots. Make Thunderforged only drop in 25, then we'd be talking.

And thus make 25 man the mandatory raid size, if the drop rate isn't minuscule.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am

KysenMurrin wrote:

I don't think getting more players back into 25 player is really worth screwing over the 10-man segment of the player base.

But to Worldie that isn't real raiding anyway... :roll:

halabar

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 am

So you think this implementation is "the stupidest thing you've ever heard" only on the basis that 10 man get a chance at it as well? Weird pov.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

For me 10 men is "the raid size for casual and friendly gameplay", it will never be real raiding :P

Either way, what I think doesn't really matter. The point is that the only way to make 25 men worth doing to compensate for the additional effort required to have a 25 men guild running is to either give better loots to them, or 25-only achievemends with lookable rewards (title, mount, transmog gear, whatever), or at least to do like they did in China, making 25 men drop gear already upgraded.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 am

KysenMurrin wrote:

As long as they don't get 4 thunderforged in 25 for 1 in 10 mans.... Like what happened with the Firelands heroic...

Worldie wrote: making 25 men drop gear already upgraded.

The 1-free upgrade in the asian loot system is nice, because its actually possible for 10 mans to reach the same goal line, it just happens that 25s start one step closer to it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Worldie wrote: making 25 men drop gear already upgraded.

The 1-free upgrade in the asian loot system is nice, because its actually possible for 10 mans to reach the same goal line, it just happens that 25s start one step closer to it.

Thought the Asian system had 25 start out at 2/4 upgrades while 10s were 0/2 or whatever
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Oh, my bad then...

I thought the difference was that they were getting 500 ilvl gear that could be upgraded up to 504, whereas the 10mans were getting the 496 gear

nvm...
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General