Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 am

i cant really touch on that question for myself, as we didnt raid til the nerfs came in in 4.0, and were 1/7 in FL when we had to take a 2 month break due to school and started again when the nerfs hit, and then were...5/8 pre nerf? with black horn going down i believe in the 10%

we are currently 3/16

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/23/3906310/the-no-hire-paper-trail-steve-jobs-and-eric-schmidt-didnt-want-you-to-see

I think Steve Jobs was probably the shittiest Buddhist ever.
The other guys involved are no better, and I hope they do get sued.
But Steve Jobs takes the cake as being the biggest asshole of the bunch.

I mean, NDA and No-Competition Clauses are common, but those are made known upfront... this is all backdoor deals and affected the livelihood of many people. So screw them

As much as I've been a fan of Apple products, Jobs always was an arrogant prick, and his Buddhism was nothing more than stroking his own ego.

There's certainly room there for some fines, but I doubt much will come of it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:20 am

Klaudandus wrote:I wonder what's the clearance rate for HoF and ToES -- is it being cleared at a lower pace than 4.0?

I suspect it's about the same, although it does feel slower.

halabar

Postby Winkle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

I'm sure there's a way to find out about progress relative to T11 say, but after nosing around wowprogress and guildox I'm none the wiser.

Hypothetically progress should be easier this tier than say T11 since there's a 1/2 ilvl jump between MSV and HoF/ToeS allowing for more gradual progression.

The first tier is always the hardest as the ilvl jump between leveling and raiding is far greater than between subsequent raiding tiers.
Winkle

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am

halabar wrote:Lolololololololol...... Guess what happened to my raid group sometime over the past week.....

This was with The Forgiven right?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

Klaudandus wrote:I wonder what's the clearance rate for HoF and ToES -- is it being cleared at a lower pace than 4.0?

To be honest... I felt my raid progressed faster in Cata than it is currently doing in MoP. Part of it is a bunch of real life throwing shit at my guildies, but I'll say this -- IT'S NOT FUN

Our first month and a half of raiding had that entire real life shit plus holidays. I think in the first two months we had one week where we did both nights. Toss in several one offs of people missing days, a new baby eating a week, it has been slow for us but about 70% of it has not really been content difficulty related.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Lolololololololol...... Guess what happened to my raid group sometime over the past week.....

This was with The Forgiven right?

Yep, 6-8 of the lead raid group jumped to Illidan horde side.

halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 am

That's not something I'd really expect from that guild.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 am

Flex wrote:

To be honest... I felt my raid progressed faster in Cata than it is currently doing in MoP. Part of it is a bunch of real life throwing shit at my guildies, but I'll say this -- IT'S NOT FUN

Our first month and a half of raiding had that entire real life shit plus holidays. I think in the first two months we had one week where we did both nights. Toss in several one offs of people missing days, a new baby eating a week, it has been slow for us but about 70% of it has not really been content difficulty related.

Discounting all the real life and holidays shit, it still feels slower when it comes to boss progression in 5.0 than it did back in 4.0 -- at least for my raid group.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am

Flex wrote:That's not something I'd really expect from that guild.

Yeah, the impact on the guild has not been good. But the group that left really wanted raid progression. They took enough that I don't think a new raid group can be formed.

halabar

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am

I'm being told that apparently, we may need to look for a new tank and a new healer, as the two currents can't manage a single night of raiding with three daughters.

Which, I totally get the kid thing, but at the same time...it's a single night. And it's not a fricken Satanic ritual when they ask to take a 5 minute to put the kids to bed.

/headdesk
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 am

Klaudandus wrote:Discounting all the real life and holidays shit, it still feels slower when it comes to boss progression in 5.0 than it did back in 4.0 -- at least for my raid group.

I'm having trouble remembering anything in 4.0, other than final bosses (Cho'gal, Nef and Al'akir), that had anything close to the throughput checks non final bosses in 5.0 have.

Elegon and Garalon for example.

It just feels weird that Elegon comes before Will but required 10 times the pulls (2 vs 20 something for our group). Also HoF was much more difficult than Terrace. Garalon and Amber Shaper took far more pulls than anything in Terrace.

I think the tuning was a bit wonky for the 5.0 encounters in their expected order. In 4.0 there was also some flexibilty in kill order where 5.0 is completely linear.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

Also, I wonder what happened with their klaxxi raid buff/debuff they were originally planning. (It was even on the achievements)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 am

They changed their minds. It was mentioned by a blue recently somewhere (I forget where) that it is all in place but they haven't seen the need to turn it on.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Amirya wrote: And it's not a fricken Satanic ritual when they ask to take a 5 minute to put the kids to bed.

How can you be so sure that they aren't performing a Satanic ritual when they put them to bed? :P
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General