Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nooska » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 am

Its actually a rather dull name, translated its "brown cheese" - because.. the cheese is.. brown.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 am

Since when is brunost a delicacy? >_> Now I'll feel really posh the next time I have it.

Also:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 am

Era wrote:Since when is brunost a delicacy? >_> Now I'll feel really posh the next time I have it.

Also:

I understand the pic and sports

Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 am

Second that. XD
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:15 am

I ..uh...third that?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 am

MoP commercials are very common on ESPN...
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 am

Flex wrote:MoP commercials are very common on ESPN...

Same during football games on the major networks
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/worlds-10 ... 00816.html

Not necessarily amusement, but some airlines that are on the list shouldnt really be there.

GOL's hull loss was caused in part by the TAC assigning the wrong altitude to a private plane that sliced off the left wing of GOL's 737

One of TAM's hull losses, which was horrific as it skid off the runway and crashed into an office building and gas station was caused by the runway itself as it had not been resurfaced properly making it incredibly slippery during wet/raining conditions AND improper training on the pilots regarding how to land with only one functioning reverse thruster

Air India's biggest casualty count was to a terrorist bomb, which was actually traced to lax security at the Montreal airport.

The South African Airways is a toss-up. At the time, South African Airways was really controlled by the government and because SA was under embargo, it is said that the Helderberg was carrying stuff they shouldn't have and it exploded in the cargo hold. Chalk this one up to conspiracy theory.

Turkish Airlines deserves its reputation, although its biggest accident was caused by the faulty door design of the DC-10

Korean Air deserves its reputation, but they have not have a single passenger casualty in 15 years (crew members have died though)

China being the worse is no surprise though.

I still would not get in a plane... I am terrified of heights... <.< >.> <.<
---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I still would not get in a plane... I am terrified of heights... <.< >.> <.<

Close the windows and pretend it's a bus. You'll never know!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Era wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I still would not get in a plane... I am terrified of heights... <.< >.> <.<

Close the windows and pretend it's a bus. You'll never know!

Lies! My inner ear can tell me if they are banking to either side! Plus, you wont die if the bus rans out of gas... Like it happened to avianca flight 52
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Statistically, you're far more likely to die in a car.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Surely we can't bring actual chance of death into the equation? That's the default go-to argument after all; travel by road being far more dangerous than air!
What about the fact that flying is ACTUALLY awesome? I mean, you're ACTUALLY roaring through the air at something like 500 miles per hour! Oh also, the view, I mean seriously you should respec that fear of heights just for the VIEW!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... _stock.jpg
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm

I think i wanna throw up...

Also, I know you're more likely to die in a car accident than in a plane crash... i just dont like not being in control...

at least i've found out that the closer you're to the tail, the higher your chance to escape with your life in plane accident, provided the plane has not fallen apart midair.

I seriously hate flying... in part because my first flight was in a DC-9... I got window, and the pilot proceeded to climb in a spiral, with my window looking towards the ground... for about 20 minutes or so... All I could see was ground for the longest time... and how tiny things looked...

I didn't have much problems when they were flying straight, or over open bodies of water... I just hate it when a plane banks to either side...
---
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Statistically, you're far more likely to die in a car.

Is that still true if you normalized based on miles traveled?

I mean, I know that far more people die per year in car accidents than plane crashes. But most people also travel many more total miles in their car in a given year than they do in a plane, and many more people drive than fly in the first place. I'd be curious to see that data normalized, i.e. given in terms of deaths per mile traveled. I wouldn't be too surprised if cars were still worse in that metric, but I could see it going either way.

Sorry, fiancee is a civil (transportation) engineer. This has been one of our ongoing arguments for literally years. One of us should probably have looked it up by now. :P
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Here is my amusement for the day.

Local man says there is a correlation between legalized abortion and mass murder / gun violence.
I counter with statistics for Switzerland, which has incredibly liberal abortion laws, and similar (but admittedly not the same) gun laws. Sweden has half the guns per capita, but just .52 gun murders per capita as opposed to the US's 3.6. I then explain that I could pull the data from many other countries with legalized abortions and "right to own" gun laws, and show that there is no correlation.

He counters with: "I'm not talking about Switzerland! I'm talking about the US!" And that was when it became abundantly clear that he could not be reasoned with, and probably had absolutely no clue what correlation of data truly meant.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General