Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Nooska » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 am

Off Sha I got 5 or 6 tier pieces - only one of them the gloves, the rest the legs (which I also got on my first sha kill).

Edit on Nooska alone that is - another 3x Shadowlegs for Niisca and 2x Blood Legs on Morosin.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:44 am

Nooska wrote:I'll aslo agree with the friend sthing - also the reason I've decided not to leave <Lethal>, even though I would like to raid. If I can get an auxiliary spot on some team that fits my schedule, that would be great - but I'm also finding the freeness of my evenings satisfactory, and being able to level my 5th charatcer, play X-com, watch some netflix and generally be more avalable when planning meetings is great.d.

In my particular new situation, on of the two real friends in the guild went with the new group, the other is not real happy at the moment. If the server wasn't so dead for pug action I'd consider staying, but most of the people that I really knew split with the new group.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 am

Nooska wrote:Got into a TES LFR just before Lei Shi, got bag on normal loot roll, and Bow on coin - YES, no more TES needed :D :D :D

Bow?... Seem to only remember a gun in that loot table... :D But grats indeed!!! Took me a while to get that too...

halabar

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:59 am

Nooska wrote:
Fetzie wrote:
- if we had had the core (tanks and healers) I think we would have gotten further and not imploded.

We imploded due to lack of dps :/

Get 2-3 weeks behind the progression of the rest of the server at the beginning of the expansion and it suddenly becomes extremely hard to recruit anything at all.

Yes indeed, because all the ones that haven't gotten into a raid pool, are "of course" only good enough for the most progressed raid groups.

And it is painfully obvious why the ones that condescend to join your guild were guildless and looking for a raid :/
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 am

halabar wrote:
Nooska wrote:Got into a TES LFR just before Lei Shi, got bag on normal loot roll, and Bow on coin - YES, no more TES needed :D :D :D

Bow?... Seem to only remember a gun in that loot table... :D But grats indeed!!! Took me a while to get that too...

WellI transmogged it into a bow immediately :p - never payed much attention to type of ranged after I could transmog them as I pleased :p

Fetzie wrote:
Nooska wrote:
Fetzie wrote:We imploded due to lack of dps :/

Get 2-3 weeks behind the progression of the rest of the server at the beginning of the expansion and it suddenly becomes extremely hard to recruit anything at all.

Yes indeed, because all the ones that haven't gotten into a raid pool, are "of course" only good enough for the most progressed raid groups.

And it is painfully obvious why the ones that condescend to join your guild were guildless and looking for a raid :/

Indeed - and also painfully obvious why some of the ones that did join/get accepted (reluctantly) were guild/raidless to begin with, using you as a stepping stone to move on.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:07 am

Applied and was accepted to the new Convert to Raid guild on Aerie Peak US. ( They are the guys that do the Convert to Raid podcast, and they are moving from AIE/Earthen Ring to do their own thing). Not that it was hard to get in at all, but a fresh start will be a good thing. Will move one raiding toon to start to feel it out. Will also be good to get in on the ground floor of something.

Not a real big deal, but still a nice bounce back from finding out 8 hours ago that my old raid team blew up. :D

halabar

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 am

halabar wrote:Applied and was accepted to the new Convert to Raid guild on Aerie Peak US. ( They are the guys that do the Convert to Raid podcast, and they are moving from AIE/Earthen Ring to do their own thing). Not that it was hard to get in at all, but a fresh start will be a good thing. Will move one raiding toon to start to feel it out. Will also be good to get in on the ground floor of something.

Not a real big deal, but still a nice bounce back from finding out 8 hours ago that my old raid team blew up. :D

Congratulations!

So you are going to be famous on t'internet now? :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 am

halabar wrote:Applied and was accepted to the new Convert to Raid guild on Aerie Peak US. ( They are the guys that do the Convert to Raid podcast, and they are moving from AIE/Earthen Ring to do their own thing). Not that it was hard to get in at all, but a fresh start will be a good thing. Will move one raiding toon to start to feel it out. Will also be good to get in on the ground floor of something.

Big gratz!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:23 am

Fetzie wrote:

Congratulations!

So you are going to be famous on t'internet now? :D

Lol, I suspect not, especially if they even get to 1/4 the size of AIE, which is massive. And no idea how the raid teams will sort out, I imagine they'll have quite a few.

The really funny part is that my first raiding guild was a podcast guild as well, back in BC. Was the first big female wow podcast, can't remember the name of it now.

I like what they state in their charter, so I'm hopeful for good things.

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 am

Almost makes me want to move... but they're alliance >=/

Plus, I like my friends in my current guild, it just happens that I am stuck in the middle of two group of friends in the guild...

But seriously, grats on getting into CtR
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 am

Treck wrote:
bldavis wrote:and holy shit i didnt realize just how big ultras were....

Did you realize how big Battlecruiser are?

i...think i need to rewatch it

the leviathon (zerg "big ship") was a lot bigger than i thought too...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Jabari » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 am

bldavis wrote:
Andurin wrote:The Elder Scrolls Online trailer, Heart of the Swarm cinematic (with the most badass Viking i`ve ever seen, wish they would be able to do that ingame), our dog did great at the training and heard we where going to raid again tonight. A good day this last tuesday was.

INORITE!

and holy shit i didnt realize just how big ultras were....

Man, I'm still ticked that they didn't finish developing Ghost. :( I think there were Ultralisks in the preview cinematic for that too, just as huge.

Nooska wrote:WellI transmogged it into a bow immediately :p - never payed much attention to type of ranged after I could transmog them as I pleased :p

You can DO that??! (something for the Missed the Memo thread!)
Hmm, I mogged my gun to the Dragonbreath Handcannon which is fun but kinda silly-looking. Have a Heartstriker too, maybe change to that...

(And grats on the Soul Burner!)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

Nothing beats the horde cannon on a plank from toc
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am

rewatched the HotS cinematic..and HOLY FUCK HOW DID I MISS THAT BC!!!!!!
THAT THING IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 am

Klaudandus wrote:Nothing beats the horde cannon on a plank from toc

My favs are still the Ulduar guns. But there's a new gun in 5.2 that has possibilities.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General