Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Andurin » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:10 am

bldavis wrote:well being we have people on these forums that are 16/16 heroic....
*cough*treck*cough*

gratz on the kill though! and GL on feng, once you get the basic spread/clump crap down its a pretty easy and fun fight
Gara'Jal....is interesting til you get it figured out

We managed to get Feng into phase 3 without interrupting the earthquakes in phase 1, so we think we got it settled now that found out how to interrupt him. Our tank dodged all the stuns, so the steal thingie never worked >.< I`m sure i`ll be able to report more successes in the near future here :D
Andurin

Postby Jabari » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:31 am

Andurin wrote:We managed to get Feng into phase 3 without interrupting the earthquakes in phase 1, so we think we got it settled now that found out how to interrupt him. Our tank dodged all the stuns, so the steal thingie never worked >.< I`m sure i`ll be able to report more successes in the near future here :D

Heh, my guild is right there with you guys - everyone moves at their own pace. :)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

good to know there are more guilds like ours

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am

We got stuck on 5/6 2/6 for a while, and lost dedication so we stopped, so yeah (and we were 5/8H in DS before the.. ermm 20% aure iirc - maybe before the 15% one)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am

Not wanting to be elitist but DS was probably the easiest content in game after Naxxramas2 :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am

easy for your group maybe, but not all groups are equal :D

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 am

I didn't say it was easy, I said it was the easiest. That means that a group who couldnt clear DS normal at 30% debuff was hardly better than a disorganized pug, considering DS norm 25 at 30% was easier than LFR.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Treck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:44 pm

So what you are saying is that DS with the 30% buff was easy?
well no shit.
ICC with 30% buff was easy as hell as well.
With that kind of logic, any content that wasnt nerfed before new content came along was 10 times harder than either of those.

And if you were not able to clear DS normalmode with the 30% buff, then your guild is worse in terms of progress to an unorganized pug.
That said, progress is not the most important part of raiding, especially not if you are still only doing normalmodes 5months after the content came out.
You can still have fun and enjoy yourself, nomatter at what level you are playing.
Treck

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

First raid on Stormrage - with that blind person that was talked about on Wow insider.

VERY fun night. Did Amber/Empress/up to and including Lei Shi. And the team feels great so far.
Heroics soon(tm)!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Sagara wrote:First raid on Stormrage - with that blind person that was talked about on Wow insider.

VERY fun night. Did Amber/Empress/up to and including Lei Shi. And the team feels great so far.
Heroics soon(tm)!

Grats! so jelly, we still havent killed Garalon, and we lost our 2nd highest dps and our raid leader to real life commitment for this weekly reset... >.<

Last edited by Klaudandus on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

i totally agree that with the 30% buff it was sickening how simple the fights became as you get mroe and more mechanics to ignore

i was stating at release, for some guilds it was a formality to clear normal, like Method and the other world top 10..50...200 guilds, and for others it took a little bit. we got i think 3 kills prenerf (may have been just 2) and didnt get spine down til the last week of 15% with madness being the next week iirc (spine went down at the end of raid time)

as treck said,
Treck wrote:That said, progress is not the most important part of raiding, especially not if you are still only doing normalmodes 5months after the content came out.
You can still have fun and enjoy yourself, nomatter at what level you are playing.

i just wish more MTadins had this attitude, and be as congratulatory to those of us in lesser progressed guilds as we are to treck, esp when Method gets a worlds first

bldavis

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 pm

The real problem, regardless of where you are at, is the attitude. When my current raid group was stuck on Elegon, the attitude from the raid leadership was so reeking of frustration that when we got the kill after enough gear/practice, there was no joy. Now it's the same on Garalon (and tornado-bug). When we 2-shot one of the bosses, the frustration on the first wipe was just stupid.

Regardless of progress or no progress, the group needs the proper attitude. My current group has me real close to leaving.

And in my book, unless you are in the top 500 or so, raiding with friends > raid progression. I'm expecting a friend in my raid team to get kicked soon, and I may bail after that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Worldie wrote:I didn't say it was easy, I said it was the easiest. That means that a group who couldnt clear DS normal at 30% debuff was hardly better than a disorganized pug, considering DS norm 25 at 30% was easier than LFR.

10 man was certainly easier at 30% than LFR was, of course you could communicate too... :x
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm

halabar wrote:The real problem, regardless of where you are at, is the attitude. When my current raid group was stuck on Elegon, the attitude from the raid leadership was so reeking of frustration that when we got the kill after enough gear/practice, there was no joy. Now it's the same on Garalon (and tornado-bug). When we 2-shot one of the bosses, the frustration on the first wipe was just stupid.

Regardless of progress or no progress, the group needs the proper attitude. My current group has me real close to leaving.

And in my book, unless you are in the top 500 or so, raiding with friends > raid progression. I'm expecting a friend in my raid team to get kicked soon, and I may bail after that.

Absolutely. I was texting bldavis today, and told him that while I've had some options to go to other raid groups, I have no desire to do so, regardless of progression, because sometimes, we just pull off the most bizarre of shenanigans, and said shenanigans are the most fun to me.

(Someday, I'll reenact how the server 2nd Ping Pong Champion fight went.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:23 pm

i completely agree

while i do get frustrated at the derps and the lack of progression, i cant think about raiding with another team cause i wouldnt have the same fun i do with PK

that said, i do raid with lurkers still and they have some better progression, but it is basically the same fun atmosphere

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General