patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:42 pm

its an aoe ranged ...thing

i did forget breath of fire, and flying serpent kick though

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:44 pm

bldavis wrote:its an aoe ranged ...thing

Can't it be used in melee as well?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

yes, but all it does is apply debuff that is applied by keg smash without the threat boost

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Dizzying hate generates a flat amount of threat. However, several elites and all bosses are immune to its debuff, and it generates no threat on them.
(At least that's my experience from tanking heroic 5 men and LFR on my monk)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

i thought it was the same amount of threat as simply running near them

bldavis

Postby Levantine » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Levantine

Postby Darielle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Case in point: MGV with myself at ~485 with Nooska on his DK fresh from heroics at barely 470. The three packs of doggies before Stone Guard. Even though it's not difficult content, it serves as a decent example of what happens in large pack situations - we hit the pack at roughly the same time. I open up with HotR -> HW -> Cons -> HotR. He opens up with D&D -> diseases -> Pestilence. We're 8 seconds later, and he's got the entire pack while I'm left gasping for a single mob to get some vengeance. He's covered for the next 30 seconds, and can even add up some BB to secure the pack. I'm waiting for some more buttons to push because everything AoE-related is on CD. I could use AS, but it will only help on 3 of the 10 targets available. J is even worse for that.

The packs in question have the mobs doing the buff that reduces aoe damage by 90% (and it's case ~5 seconds in), but single target damage will not be affected by that buff. It's also why Survival Hunters on that pull do hilarious amounts of damage through Serpent Sting. You're essentially looking at a very niche mechanic and applying it as a general case.

BoF is not used on anything that hits worth a damn.
And as mentioned, Dizzying Haze gets essentially overriden by Keg Smash. You can use it if you want to spend 20 Energy for a flat amount of threat, but many mobs are straight up immune to it and using energy on a non-Chi generator is not something you typically want to do. SCK would at least generate Chi instead - the only case you'd realllly want to use DH is if you're at 20 Energy and can't afford to wait for 40, or you're needing to use it specifically for something 30 yards away (where you'd have to adjust for travel time anyway - you'd regen 20 E in the time your Haze hits).

Which leads me to this: Do AoE still suffer for decresed damage above 10 targets? Because the advocates of removing the meteor from HW would be onto something, I think.

The AoE cap still exists afaik. I don't know how that really relates to HW though?
Darielle

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 pm

ty lev, and i thought we were talking about trash here....and large trash packs in general, the type that dont hit all that hard to begin with

bldavis

Postby Darielle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Large trash packs != don't hit hard. If the trash is hitting hard enough to give decent Vengeance, it definitely hits hard, and Chi generation is tied to maintaining standard things like Shuffle.

For example, that same pull cited at the start of MSV shreds your Armour. If you're being careless and wasting Chi on BoF, ESPECIALLY at the start of the pull, that's just beign silly.
Darielle

Postby bldavis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 pm

true...which in case i wouldnt use it for that, i would use my aoe shuffle generating lvl 90 talent

bldavis

Postby Darielle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Sure, there's nothing stopping that from being used - that's part of the reason why Chi generation is so important in general, because it's not just about Shuffle/Purifying, it also ties into your level 30 talents as well, and even that if you're specced for it.

It is a much weaker comparison to Xuen than a comparison between HP and ES, so if you are in general averse to speccing for HP, it'd make no real sense to talent RJW, but you wouldn't be using BoF anyway unless you're dealing with something trivial.
Darielle

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 am

tbh, i was merely listing aoe possibility, not stating what should or should not be used in that exact instance

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 am

Darielle wrote:The packs in question have the mobs doing the buff that reduces aoe damage by 90% (and it's case ~5 seconds in), but single target damage will not be affected by that buff. It's also why Survival Hunters on that pull do hilarious amounts of damage through Serpent Sting. You're essentially looking at a very niche mechanic and applying it as a general case.

In this case we are talknig about the packs pre "big dog" - once the big dog has spawned I would suffer the same and not be able to pull them off just with diseases (they don't do THAT much damage/threat), its Blood Boil.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fenris » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 pm

The dagger question sure changed my day

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Fenris wrote:The dagger question sure changed my day

:lol:

just got to see it... really?!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General