Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Jabari » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:20 am

Nooska wrote:Frustration; 16 Lei Shi kills on LFR, using coins on all but 2 attempts (so probably around 20 loot attempts); 2x shoulder token, which isn't even that good (had the 483 shoulders from protectors before that) - I want taht darned gun that they made such a big questline around *sigh*

Ick, that's no fun. We have a warlock in our guild with a similar story, but even worse as he has 2 possible sha-touched (1h and staff) and can't get either one to drop.

(Aside: the shoulder token is _really_ good if you don't already have the other 4 pieces - 16 second BW is kinda ridiculous... I don't think that one has haste either (unlike the gun :P) so you might be able to dump the set legs (which do) once you get all 5.))

Lei shi just has too much good stuff, unfortunately - gun, shoulder, and trinket. I have 2, never ever going to get the 3rd. *laugh*
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 am

Doing my usual round of soloing for mount drops, and hit the 5 instance limit because I went into Firelands on 25 man after it got automatically switched when I did TK. :( Half an hour wait for it to reset.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Of course we get the troll guy on the second pull of the night, easily dispatch Spirit Kings and get some solid attempts in on Elegon. Such is life.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:44 pm

And this is a frustrion becaaause?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Probably because once pieces fall in place and you get over that bump, you realize you should have done whatever tactic they're using now much earlier.... or maybe he's frustrated at not being frustrated or something...

I dunno.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I want to buy a one way ticket to anywhere that isn't where I am now.

My family is driving me fucking crazy.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 am

The pollyanish pastel-loving teenage female audience that has taken over Petopia over the years... Damn annoying.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 am

My mother doesn't know how to ask "am I disturbing" when calling beore launching into an hour long (mostly) monologue about her genealogical research - despite knowing (or at least having been told multiple times) that I cannot retain much information when just getting it via a telephone (need visual stimuli as well) - also insiting on being right about something being strange, despite having quite simple explanations I can tell her.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 am

Nooska wrote:My mother doesn't know how to ask "am I disturbing" when calling beore launching into an hour long (mostly) monologue about her genealogical research - despite knowing (or at least having been told multiple times) that I cannot retain much information when just getting it via a telephone (need visual stimuli as well) - also insiting on being right about something being strange, despite having quite simple explanations I can tell her.

I've been known to put my mother on speaker phone and continue raiding during an "organ recital" of her various ailments of 30 or more minutes...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 am

Nooska wrote:My mother doesn't know how to ask "am I disturbing" when calling beore launching into an hour long (mostly) monologue about her genealogical research - despite knowing (or at least having been told multiple times) that I cannot retain much information when just getting it via a telephone (need visual stimuli as well) - also insiting on being right about something being strange, despite having quite simple explanations I can tell her.

Have you tried telling her you can't talk for an hour?
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nooska » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 am

You mean outside when she calls? yeah - the thing is since I "don't do anything" I can easily shuffle around anything I'm doing to accomodate her (in her mind) - playing wow with 9/24 others that depend on me being there isn't "doing something" - neither is preparing for meetings end such.

during the calls, its always just one little thing and then one more - I think my record of trying to end the conversation is 8 times in 1 hour.

The downside is we are a little dependant on her for borrowing her car and such, so the solution of just saying "I can't talk" and hanging up would have repercussions because she gets sore rather easily and does hold a grudge for quite a while (shes rather passive-aggressive about stuff like that - and suddenly we are using the car too much or not returning it fast enough, or not filling it up "by ourselves" - all depsite adhering to the agreements we have made previously and which we haven't changed - till after she does one of those loops.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Mannstein » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am

So yesterday i couldn't raid and i get home about 1 A.M. and proceed to prepare my ofspec as healer since we are now Empress heroic mode 25men...

After respec and starting to gem the gear, i get the following whisper:
"are you leaving also?" So after 3seconds of complete confusion i go to the guild log and check that during one raid night we lost abour 16Core raiders and the raid leader... i'm like WTF...
No only we lost all the Core raiders... but also all my friends left to a newly created guild...
So after 2years and dozens of good experiences i left my guild and got into a 10men... :S

Lets see how much time can i take of 10 men.. (i'm a 25men die-hard)
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:33 pm

That reminds me of a very similar thing happened to me at the end of Wotlk, seeing the core of the guild leaving all of a sudden right after we had a 12% wipe on LK hc...
Sucks man, I hope you find a suitable guild. I personally couldn't resist more than a month in a 10 men guild, I left as soon as I found a 25 men one that was recruiting my class.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 am

Our general manager as issued a company-wide announcement that all our Call Agents (150 something) will try to contact a local school next week at around 8 AM to have a better chance of getting his kid at this specific school. (Think Blizzcon tickets, but for school)

Like, who cares if all our other clients are left biting the dust, right? :roll:
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 am

That sounds like chicanery tbh (of the school) - and I wouldn't be surprised if it was punishable by law O.o
Main Characters:

Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General