All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Shoju wrote:Browns are in discussion to sell naming rights to Cleveland Browns Stadium to FirstEnergy, Ohio's largest Electric / Power Company.

Unsure what to think. Is this a good thing? Bad thing? Will it make a difference in a sport that has a salary cap?

Money does matter to an extent. The Seahawks have Paul Allen's chequebook, which bought them the Virginia Madsen Athletic Center - the finest training and practice facility in the league by a fair margin. It impresses free agents who visit and makes them slightly easier to sign.

Of course, winning is probably more persuasive, but having a world-class practice facility does help.

Contrast to Arizona where the tackling dummies are saguaro catci and the practice field is sand. Cheap organisation is cheap.

Yeah, and after the breakout of Staph infection a few years back, we could use a new one. There were 5 or 6 players who ended up with a Staph infection in one season.

On Twitter, we are having fun poking at the new Browns Stadium name. I have suggested we embrace our local history.

First Energy's Burning River Field.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 pm

So not Brown Power stadium?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... wn%20Power (NSFW concept)
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Chip Kelly to the Eagles!

Makes me wonder if Oregon is about to get hit for NCAA violations.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby CrimsonEyes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 pm

You know what, Peyton is NOT below average in the playoffs. Yes, he's 9-11, but he's had about the WORST possible luck in alot of ways. Hell, more than once, he's left the field with little time left having GIVEN his team the lead, or put them in position to kick a winning/tying FG, and had the Idiot Kicker shank it.

Yes, he threw a TERRIBLE INT and cost the Broncos the game there, but that game should NEVER have gone into OT. Never, ever, EVAR. And I'm someone who's FURIOUS at him for getting my hopes up this season and seeing it end in what's becoming the trend for him, but more and more, I'm starting to see that alot of his playoff 'failures' aren't really his fault at all. I mean, seriously, look at some of the drops in the second article there. Completely inexcusable.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... elp/20868/

http://captaincomeback.wordpress.com/20 ... iticizing/
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Well, I've been putting the blame more on Fox than on Peyton.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Well, I've been putting the blame more on Fox than on Peyton.

The kneel-down call might not have been all that bad. The Broncos couldn't score in two 15-minute overtime periods, so there's certainly no assurance they could score in 30 seconds.
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

It's even before that.... They ran the ball 3 times in a row just for the hell of running it, rather than trying to get an actual 1st down.

Had they gotten a first down right before the 2min warning, they would have kept the ball and won the game. Instead, they punted it with almost 2 mins on the clock, which the ravens promptly used to march down the the field and win.

Not to mention, not moving someone to help Chump Bailey... The Ravens took advantage of the new marijuana laws cuz they kept smoking him and the rest of the secondary.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Some CFL Coach tabbed to be the Bears coach? Not familiar with CFL

And whisenhunt may be stepping in as OC for the Broncos
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Trent Dilfer was talking about the Ravens and said they were "just names on the backs of jerseys", meaning their feared defensive players were getting old and just aren't as good as they used to be.

Well, Bailey proved to be just a name on the back of a jersey. He used to be an outstanding corner, but Flacco showed no respect for the name and went straight at him.
Koatanga

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Chip Kelly to the Eagles!

Makes me wonder if Oregon is about to get hit for NCAA violations.

same here...and i am an oregon/state fan

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend a hoax. ND press release says he was a victim. Highly doubt that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm

I liked Adande's tweet about Jeff Ireland wanting to ask Te'o if his imaginary girlfriend was a hooker.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I wonder if his "online" girlfriend was a girl in the first place.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Flex wrote:Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend a hoax. ND press release says he was a victim. Highly doubt that.

Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is? If he lied about having a girlfriend... who cares? If he was lied to about this being a real girl... who cares? Did getting additional emotional support from fans because he supposedly lost two people in his life instead of just one somehow cause him to be a better player?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Flex wrote:Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend a hoax. ND press release says he was a victim. Highly doubt that.

Can someone please explain to me what the big deal is? If he lied about having a girlfriend... who cares? If he was lied to about this being a real girl... who cares? Did getting additional emotional support from fans because he supposedly lost two people in his life instead of just one somehow cause him to be a better player?

The hoax is that someone befriended him online until the point that person became his "online g/f" and then was like "oh, i am dying of leukemia".
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General