Remove Advertisements

[10H] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Wind Lord Mel'Jarak

Postby Vayacondios » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 am

Xarlanther wrote:I have a question about the tanking on this fight.

What is the reason to only take 1 tank?
With 2 tanks both on full vengeance they still top the dps meters and do massive healing (monks especially), swapping one out for a dps doesn't seem to give much benefit. 2T/2H seems much better then 1T/3H no?

cheers,
Xar.

Really there isn't much to tank. You start the fight with things being a bit hairy, but as soon as that first group of adds goes down...it's really calm. You spend most of the fight with only one group or with no groups and just the boss, out of the 5 min 39 seconds that we were fighting I only had both groups AND the boss for maybe 90 seconds of that. The other tank would just be bored and have no vengeance for at least half the fight.

Also, this fight would be cake to two heal, even with just one tank. We ended up three healing it because two of our healers were our disspellers also, so it was more like one and a half healers.
Vayacondios

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Xarlanther wrote:I have a question about the tanking on this fight.

With 2 tanks both on full vengeance they still top the dps meters and do massive healing (monks especially), swapping one out for a dps doesn't seem to give much benefit. 2T/2H seems much better then 1T/3H no?

cheers,
Xar.

there is no "full" vengeance anymore the max ive had on windlord is somewhere around 550k (that was in LFR in 10 normal i get just shy of 300k iirc) on normal when me guild swapped from 2 too 1 tank my DPS doubled plus we got a warrior in doing 120k dps
i think another reason too 1 tank in heroic is that with that much vengeance tank DPS becomes insane so when the boss gets recklessness and you pop your damage CD and go to town on him you get a lot of DPS
Jaitee

Postby Jaitee » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Vayacondios wrote:
Jaitee wrote:
Winkle wrote:The top parse is a prot pally doing an incredible 1.2m dps, pretty ridiculous.

i had a look at WoL and highest i can find on any difficulty is just shy of 500k

anyone tried single tanking this yet since the nerf to HotR proccing SoI is it still a viable strat or should we 2 tank it

The logs are super drunk it seems, I looked the other day when we killed it and the top ranking was 1.2 mil DPS, now the highest is 499k.

Here's my log from it where I did 530k DPS, when I did it I was only ranked 101. Rankings are just broken.

Also did 53k HPS, 46% of that was from SoI. Very easy to one tank, very, very easy.

you are right the top its showing now is a 900k dps monk
maybe they never expected the top dps to be so high and such large numbers are making the system act really wonky?

and clicking the reexport button in the ranking info for that log put you back into the rankings now too find these over 1 million dps pallys and reexport their logs we must show other classes our superiority!
Jaitee

Postby Darielle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm

There's no such thing as full Vengeance. If you have 2 tanks tanking something that can be 1-tanked, the only thing you're achieving is less dps.
Darielle

Postby Galiks » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Several ways to do this encounter, but we always prefer the safer strategy with 3 healers.

Our strat:

1 tank 3 heals 6 dps or 2 tank 3 heals 5 dps

CC - 2 menders and 1 trapper

Burn the blademasters, purge boss, mass dispel quickening. Push the boss to ~80% and halt to avoid wind bombs at 75%. Burn the trappers, push damage into boss. Burn the reinforced Blademasters, bloodlust here as 3 minutes will align. If the boss is alive, burn the remaining single mender that has been alive the entire time and should be near-death. If your dps isn't good enough to do it in 3, then just 2 tank it as the 4th Recklessness will be overkill with a 6th dps and a 2nd tank can help suppress RNG gibs.

This is the easiest encounter next to Blade Lord in the instance.
Prot Paladin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... s/advanced
Moonkin - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ice/simple
Prot Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... osh/simple

<Rehabilitation Clinic> GM/RL
rcazgalor.guildlaunch.com : 13/13H 10-man: Mon-Wed 7-11 World #49 Overall

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/231362/

Recruiting mage!
Galiks

Postby Bellanka » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:57 am

Thought I'd pop in and ask what people are doing to maximize their tank DPS on this fight?

I've been trying to save AW/HA for when the boss has his damage debuff up and only using them on subsequent burn phases instead of using them as defensive cooldowns, which has shot my DPS up considerably.

We lust/hero at the start, which I'm not entirely positive is the best time to do it.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Personally I just like to use HA whenever Hero is used (if I can)
HA is a very powerfull tank CD, and I dont hesitate to use if for survivability rather than DPS, altho the damage the tank takes (assuming solotanking) is a LOT lower in 10man, had no problems surviving at all and used HA offensively, while on 25man I most of the time have to use it defensively.
Also, keep a track of your vengeance :P.
Treck

Postby endon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 pm

My guild started progressing in this encounter last night.
Everything's going fine, our setup right now is 1 tank (prot pally), 2 healers (resto shaman, holy pally) and 7 dps (with only 2 melees atm; an enhancement shaman and a rogue).

I'm in charge of the interrupts, together with the 2 melees, while our shadow priest and our resto shaman take care of the dispels.

We've bumped into one particular situation that I'm having some trouble understanding. My rebuke sometimes gets resisted and I can't interrupt my add. Can't seem to find any information on this issue. Any thoughts?
endon

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Can you provide a combat log/WoL entry for the resist? Rebuke is not supposed to miss or be resisted.
Belloc

Postby endon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Unfortunately no, but it kept creeping up in the chat through Raeli's Spell Announcer while we watched the Mender's healing up.
We're going back at it tonight and I'll record the logs this time.
endon

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:00 pm

RSA will produce a resist message if you try to interrupt just too late. Client side the cast still appears to be casting, server side it's already been completed, RSA gets confused and reports a resist that didn't really happen, you were just too slow.
Rhiannon

Postby endon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks Rhiannon, looks like we had a backup interrupter with a happy trigger finger (our hunter) that we didn't knew about.
endon

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 am

Aha yeah that'll do it too.
Rhiannon

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 am

is there any way to know exactly which adds got how many stacks of the buff without tabbing through? tidy plates won't show it.
Schroom

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 pm

If you use TidyPlates with auras enabled filtered for Quickening or something like that, maybe? Don't remember if TP is just limited to debuffs or can include buffs (haven't played with settings in 1.5 years ish).

If you're using MD, you can pace it based on the number of Menders anyway. If you have 3 Menders, you just have to use it on CD.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)