Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 am

Shoju wrote:It feels like Blizz is trying really hard to bring me back. The DPS 2pc bonus for Dk's spawns Troll Ghosts to fight for you..... I.... Dear god. This is killing me.

I think playing to catch up will drive you back out within 7 days
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:11 am

Gear upgrades planned to be added back in non-raid content patch 5.3. There's a lot of gear maintenance on their end they introduced in MoP. Lowering PvP item level between raid tiers while increasing the PvP power just so people can't use it to jump into the new LFR seems kludgy at best.
Valor Gear will be behind both the daily and raid rep. If I had to guess upgrades to weaker slots will be in the daily rep and more potent slots will be raid rep.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Shoju wrote:It feels like Blizz is trying really hard to bring me back. The DPS 2pc bonus for Dk's spawns Troll Ghosts to fight for you..... I.... Dear god. This is killing me.

I think playing to catch up will drive you back out within 7 days

Pretty Much. From what I can tell, it feels like the barrier for re-entry to the game is just maddeningly high, and if I were to ever come back, it would be completely sans LFR. I just couldn't imagine doing that ever again.

I'll stick to playing games on my iphone, but man... I'm really interested to see the new Tier set for DK's, amd see this proc in action. A Troll DK, with Troll Ghosts... The only way it would be cooler is if they would introduce glyphs that made your Ghoul/Army of the Dead look like Dead Models of your own race. I'm pretty sure they have undead models of every "non forsaken" race in the game by now don't they?
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 pm

dam you shoju....
i made my dk as an undead for a reason

now you are making me want to switch him to troll

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 pm

bldavis wrote:dam you shoju....
i made my dk as an undead for a reason

now you are making me want to switch him to troll

aye mon. de trolls have de juju mon.

And, we were (as of the time that I stopped playing) the least represented Race/Class Combination of anything that had been out since WOTLK (not including the new race class combos for Cata).

Dwarf Rogues? Yeah. There were more Dwarf Rogues than Troll Dk's.

And we look awesome.
And we have huge tusks.
And we have a great mechanical sounding DK laugh
And our weapons are big but not stupidly big.
And our Shoulders are big enough to show off the armor without being Orc sized
And we have great jokes
And we have de voodoo mon
And you can make great macros to go with abilities (did you ever see my macros for Army of the Dead, and Raise Ghoul that included /y's in them?)
And we don't wear shoes. Meaning a lot of boot models don't look stupid.
Did I mention the size of our tusks? I mean... Go look me up on the armory. Onisu, Shojus, Shojin. Dude. Those tusks are H.U.G.E.

And being a troll is better than being a Forsaken (and all the other races) because
  • Sylvanas is crazy
  • Vol'Jin is awesome
  • Our women smell better
  • We. Ride. DINOSAURS. From Level 20. FREAKING RAPTORS MAN. What is going to impress the ladies? Showing up on a pile of bones? Or showing up on a FREAKING RAPTOR?
  • We have the best looking "themed" Armor. Seriously. Go look at the Voodo Leather, or the wood plate stuff, and the troll shields, and the weapons from ZG/ZA. We have AWESOME looking stuff.
  • We have never tried to exterminate life on azeroth with chemical warfare.
  • We never had a pet Demon who tried to overthrow our leader
  • Our Leader has wanted to Kill Garrosh since forever
  • We talk like we're Jamaican
  • when we get new gear, it looks "new". Not like what you crawled out fo the ground in.
  • We have a tropical island home
  • We have female druids if you are into the freaky deaky stuff. (too far?)
  • We have never been in the service of Arthas, or Sargeras.
  • We have a racial called "Da Voodoo Shuffle!" It's almost as cool as the Truffle Shuffle!
  • We just naturally regenerate. We don't have to eat a corpse, (but a lightly salted forest troll still tastes good every now and then)
  • The Tusks. Yes. 3rd time. They are that cool. Not Horns like a Bovine. Tusks.
  • We have Rhythm. (Watch us get ready for battle. We bob to the music in our head)
  • What CAN'T WE BE? Paladins. Blah blah blah blah blah. They only know that if they gave Trolls Paladins, we would overthrow all of Azeroth with our awesomeness.
  • We have never. EVER. Been a part of the Alliance
  • We come in many colors. Those colors aren't associated to the amount of decay we experienced.
  • Our Spine doesn't come through our cloak
  • Tusks.
  • Who teaches you how to ride a Venomhide Raptor? Oh Right. A Troll.
  • What people are strong enough that they kill their gods to achieve their power? Oh Right. Trolls.
  • The Dance. Seriously. Spinning Kicks. Flips. All kinds of acrobaticness. How does that Metal Headbanging even remotely compare? I'll give you that your ladies dance.... more seductively than ours, but really. A Seductive undead? That's sick.
  • We are so amazingly awesome, that the evil Trolls have had ZF, ZA (2 times!), ZG (2 times!), ZD, ST as raid/dungeons purely about our race, AND it looks like the bad trolls are coming back again. Who is more evil? Trolls or Forsaken? Obviously Trolls.
  • Can you name a Dragon that takes the form of a troll? I can't. You know why? They cant transform into a race that is cooler than Dragons.
Shoju

Postby Holyblaze » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

lol ok Shoju, while I LOVE kilking your kin in PvP all day long. This post is a TOTAL BAM! haha WoOt!

I hate the horde (small "h") with all my being, but I may have, but for a fleeting moment, wanted to be a Troll! DAMN YOU GOOD SIR!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:16 pm

i mostly made an undead dk cause it fit my name too weell
Mortimis

if i remade him though, def be a troll
there are reasons my druid and shaman are trolls, as would a few more of my toons if i didnt have this need to have every race and already started a bunch of Belves with other friends (funny how most alliance want to be a belf when they make a horde toon >.>)

undead lock - first toon on terenas and tribute to an old friend
belf mage - started with a friend
belf pally - started with a friend
tauren pally - wanted a pally that wasnt a girly man...and i always liked the thought of a tauren tank
goblin hunter - giggles, and tribute to a friend
belf rogue - started with friend, and is tribute to someone else
orc warrior - needed an orc...and a warrior (dont ask)
panda monk - didnt have pandas, or monks, when i made the rest

and finally troll druid and shaman - do i have to explain, they are TROLLS!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Darielle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:37 pm

As Prot or as Ret? Admittedly, if there are 8 or 9 vermin, doing it as prot is probably around as fast as ret, due to how vengeance works. I still have no problem pulling them all at once and AoEing them down as ret. But if there's like only 1 or 2, you get zero vengeance as prot, and killing those few mobs takes like forever.

Ret is insanely much faster than Prot against 1 or 2 targets, and against a big group I can still survive well. Even if I'm taking a lot of damage and have to switch to SoI, I'm usually still doing more damage as Ret than as Prot, so I don't really see an intensive to go Prot for anything under 5 man HCs, where vengeance becomes enough to make Prot worthwhile.

Prot. 3-4 birds/Virmen (combined) is around the norm on a 16-plot.

Even with 1-2 mobs, they're dead in around 10-15 seconds, before AW ends. That's hardly "forever". A lot of the difference is vastly exaggerated.

The 4 piece is actually quite strong, but it's going to vary significantly based on content type. It'll be much weaker in 10N and 25N than in 10H and 25H. In 25H it's probably enough extra HP to "sotr-cap" for the duration of DP.

It'll be hilarious for fights with short-cooldown burst mechanics, but at the same time, it's kinda silly how it interacts. It'll be an instant HP jump on something like Ta'yak if you time it for OA, and on %HP mechanics like Calamity. It also has that weird aspect where if you actually did blanket ShoR during the duration of DP, you're hitting your HP gain, so near the end if possible it may behoove not using ShoR, and shooting to hit 5 right as DP ends.
Darielle

Postby Fenris » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Darielle wrote:Even with 1-2 mobs, they're dead in around 10-15 seconds, before AW ends. That's hardly "forever". A lot of the difference is vastly exaggerated.

Sunsong ranch is also a place where you have "relative" low hp mobs that spawn close to each other with no reset problem (nor respawn,damage taken,other people,etc etc)

Not exactly the benchmark to say farming as prot is superultragreat
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 am

Fenris wrote:Not exactly the benchmark to say farming as prot is superultragreat

Pretty sure a farm is a perfect place to make that claim...
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby benebarba » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 am

Flex wrote:
Fenris wrote:Not exactly the benchmark to say farming as prot is superultragreat

:lol:

for those on the PTR, has the JP/VP conversion that happened in the past happened (i.e. VP gear becomes JP)? Did rep-levels for 5.0/5.1 gear remain unchanged? I haven't had any luck in digging that up.
benebarba

Postby Fenris » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am

Flex wrote:

Image :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Darielle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Sunsong ranch is also a place where you have "relative" low hp mobs that spawn close to each other with no reset problem (nor respawn,damage taken,other people,etc etc)

Not exactly the benchmark to say farming as prot is superultragreat

I would give you that if that wasn't the exact situation the person was complaining about taking forever :P
Darielle

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

My troll's name is Seemetrollin. For some reason everyone be hatin on him.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby djlar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

You think pallies are ignored? just look at rogues and you'll laugh...

Playing around with blade flurry and shuffling with 2 abilities and that's it..

Now I wonder if the new ranged thingy will work at all, and if they made BF cleave range a bit further, maybe..
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General