Remove Advertisements

Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:10 am

Amirya wrote:I tried on three separate attempts to read the book, and decided it'd be a lot more entertaining and a lot less painful to die the death of a thousand cuts - long as the cuts were made by blades of grass. I found Tolkien to be a prosy old bore.
Yeah, he did that a lot. It was worth it to me tho, and the Silmarillon, while a bit complicated to read, didn't have that problem since he had to stick around six thousand years of history in a small book.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I lend my gf a favorite book of mine, she asks if I want to borrow her Marvel originals.
I'm in love.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 pm

I prefer Tolkien's poetry to his prose. The Trees of Kortirion is one of my favorite poems ever.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Arnock » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Tolkein is a surprisingly good poet. Both the stuff within his books and standalone poems published separately. I've always loved Cat

I've always been a huge fan of both LotR and the Hobbit, heck I used to read them annually when I was younger, but I never did manage to finish the Silmarillion, though I tried several times. It reads more like a textbook than a novel.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:18 pm

My brother in law was captured in an ambush fighting drug smugglers in the amazon rainforest. Aware that killing an air force officer was a bad idea, they just shot his leg and threw him in the middle of nowhere. He was found 30 hours later and will be fine. Can't say the same of the smugglers though: The air force, federal police and its support forces invaded the camp, razed it and killed everyone.
=================
Update: He's high on morphine and talking his ass out.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:03 am

You know... after having been on morphine myself now, I have no idea what people are on about in regards to babbling nonsensically while having morphine in their system. I know it's an opiate, but I was completely and utterly lucid while on it. Maybe it's a dosage thing?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Must be, I've been on morphine, Vicodin, and Oxycontin on various occasions. My brain felt a bit sluggish and foggy, but I was fully aware of my surroundings and don't recall babbling at all.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby bldavis » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm

dosage and resitance to the drug

having been on opiates before as well, yes i felt sluggish and a little loopy but i wasnt babbling
now anesthesia for surgerys, i talk more than a 13 yr old with a new cell phone lol :lol:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 am

I have returned from leave! And not to put a downer into the thread, but my Papa passed away 17 Dec. Family is doing about as well as can be expected and my Grandma is currently out of the woods (at least until she no longer has 24 hr monitoring...)

All I can say is that I'm glad I was home for it instead of trying to scramble to figure out how to get to his funeral.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:01 am

my baby was born Jan 10 (due date Dec 31) via C section at 9 pounds 8 ounces.

My wife's uterus is weird, a vaginal delivery would never have worked. The doctor was mad at himself for not seeing this problem and suggesting we induce.
Melathys

Postby Sagara » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 am

Gratz!

Gender? Height?
Everyone at home already?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 am

Nikachelle wrote:You know... after having been on morphine myself now, I have no idea what people are on about in regards to babbling nonsensically while having morphine in their system. I know it's an opiate, but I was completely and utterly lucid while on it. Maybe it's a dosage thing?
My girlfriend doesn't get high on morphine either. Some people are just resistant to that, and he isn't.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dion » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 am

Melathys wrote:my baby was born Jan 10 (due date Dec 31) via C section at 9 pounds 8 ounces.

My wife's uterus is weird, a vaginal delivery would never have worked. The doctor was mad at himself for not seeing this problem and suggesting we induce.

Gratz! It's going to be pretty scary journey as Shoju stated me in Successes thread. Boy or girl? :) Hope you have easy one that sleeps more than 30min naps in day and 2h in the night for first three months :D
Dion

Postby Melathys » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

she's a girl and was 22 inches. Everyone is home and happy. She's a fat little thing. She sleeps well. We're lucky that she's soothable. She sleeps best when someone is holding her, so at least one of us can get sleep at a time. At about 5 or 6 in the morning she goes down for the count. Its now noon and she's beginning to stir.

From what I gather, I just went through the longest 9 months of my life, and the next 2 years are going to be the quickest.
Melathys

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Something like that. I'd join you in that ride if I could, but my gf's sterile.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Something like that. I'd join you in that ride if I could, but my gf's sterile.

Sorry to hear that. Would you consider other options? My wife is a post partum nurse. She has told me that once upon a time she would not have considered adoption, but after holding other newborns, she told me that she could see herself loving another's child as her own.
Melathys

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum