Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Shoju wrote:I live in a town with a National Guard Base. There is an Air Force Base 3 hours (driving) away.

Lately, residents have been seeing blackhawk helicopters flying around their houses.

These people live in the rural areas surrounding where I live. They are flipping out about these choppers. It's a government takeover. They're planning to institute martial law, their searching for places to land in hiding and launch ground assaults to take away our guns. You name it, it's being said.

Wooboy. These people are crazy.

Silly people. *everyone* knows those choppers would be black and silent.
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 pm

OMG CHOPPERS!
oh wait i live in a town with an air national guard base that is home to 6-8 chinooks

oh and the rangers from fort lewis come down to play from time to time

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Maverick13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 am

Hell at least your Chinooks fly.......
Maverick13

Postby Zobel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 am

benebarba wrote:
Teranoid wrote:The amount of hysteria on the forums was pretty comical. "DONT YOU GUYS SEE HOW THIS IS BAD? GUILDS WILL START BRINGING A LVL 80 TANK AND BLAH BLAH" and people claiming he was hacking that had absolutely no grasp on how Vengeance works.

Had a pally tank in my guild talk about how this was going to result in some change to paladin vengence - I hadn't heard about it.

And... hotfixed:
Attack Power gained from Vengeance is now capped at the player's maximum health.
Zobel

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:42 am

Yeah, people are flipping out, and it's absolutely hilarious. The reasons for it to happen here are long. Here's a couple.

1.) We have a National guard Base, and our local airport has the longest runway in the State.
2.) We are out of the way of much of the "business traffic" that you would have in some places. Unless it's a flight from Cleveland to Columbus, we just don't have a lot of other traffic.
3.) We are kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Most of Ohio is (unless you're by the lake, the river, or C-bus), but we have multiple terrains around. We have Forests, Farmland, several sizes of cities/towns, several large lakes.

Those are the easy ones off the top of my head. I mean, why wouldn't you train here? Though it's funny, the Statement says that all the Choppers flying are blackhawks.

Some guy said "NO WAY MAN! I SEEN ME SUM UV DEM DERE APACHEE HELEECOPTURS! I NO I DID! I FLY MODULS AS UH HOBEE, I NOED WUT DEY LOOKS LAIK!"

-I took liberties with his spelling, so that you could fully grasp the type of individual was speaking. I did not change sentence structure, or the words. The actual sentence was:

no way man i seen me some of them there apache choppers! i no i did! i fly model as a hobes(I'm assuming he meant hobby), i knowed what they looked like.

At first, I thought it was a joke, so I checked his facebook profile. No. He really does speak like this. Little grammar, terrible sentence structure, ugh. It was painful.

I wanted to quiz him on it, since you know, at several hundred feet, a Blackhawk that is armed

would probably look a lot like an armed apache

If all you could see was a side, or the bottom.
Shoju

Postby benebarba » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 am

Since I grew up on and around military bases of various types, I'm one of those people who sometimes watch stuff flying overhead but am not greatly bothered by it. I can't imagine what people would have thought of say tanks being driven in (on flatbeds, of course) for transport to/from overseas.

For example, when a couple blackhawks (can't remember if one had the white stripe) were flying east-bound from O'Hare a couple years back, I knew there'd be some annoying bad traffic patterns downtown and late flights. Sure enough, Obama had flown in, and there was bad traffic and late flights (if he was the cause, however, is debatable :P)
benebarba

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:17 am

benebarba wrote:Since I grew up on and around military bases of various types, I'm one of those people who sometimes watch stuff flying overhead but am not greatly bothered by it. I can't imagine what people would have thought of say tanks being driven in (on flatbeds, of course) for transport to/from overseas.

For example, when a couple blackhawks (can't remember if one had the white stripe) were flying east-bound from O'Hare a couple years back, I knew there'd be some annoying bad traffic patterns downtown and late flights. Sure enough, Obama had flown in, and there was bad traffic and late flights (if he was the cause, however, is debatable :P)

My business has to freak people out then. We have 18+ Military Trucks on the lot right now, and our Repair Shop is about 15 miles away. Why? Well, because we own the building, it has ample space, and was pretty easy to put a service bay capable of handling huge trucks in.

So you know what happens? When it's monthly service time, there is a convoy of Military Trucks. Headed through the Ohio Country side. They all have Dealer plates, so you would only ever see a license plate on the back of the last truck, since we try to stick close together when driving them, in case of a problem. And we normally drive 5-6 of them over at a time.

ZOMG IT'S AN INVASION!
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 pm

i love seeing military convoys, esp when there is a tank or a humvee with something on the back of it!

it might be that i have been around military my whole life (father, uncle, and cousin were/are all military and i was going to join the army before my knee got f-ed) but until i see someone in military uniform walking down the street carrying weapons i will never think its an invasion

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:42 am

bldavis wrote:i love seeing military convoys, esp when there is a tank or a humvee with something on the back of it!

it might be that i have been around military my whole life (father, uncle, and cousin were/are all military and i was going to join the army before my knee got f-ed) but until i see someone in military uniform walking down the street carrying weapons i will never think its an invasion

I love seeing diggers and stuff doing their thing; if I'm ever rich enough I'm going to buy a house with a big garden, and reserve part of the garden for digging with the nice little JCB that I will have bought :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 am

they are fun to run
one of the perks of being a landscaper for ~10 years :D

bldavis

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Driving under the influence of Ibuprofen is now a crime in NH
http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/ ... ect-in-N-H
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Driving under the influence of Ibuprofen is now a crime in NH

Last time I took Ibuprofen, I felt like I'd drunk a couple of beers. I didn't feel like I wanted to drive like that.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Fetzie wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Driving under the influence of Ibuprofen is now a crime in NH

Last time I took Ibuprofen, I felt like I'd drunk a couple of beers. I didn't feel like I wanted to drive like that.

Never had that happen to me... Benadryl on the other hand...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 pm

I did take twice the recommended amount (a whole one instead of a half), but still.

Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm

how the....
i normally take 3-4 pills with some tylenol (yes i know i am fucking over my liver, but its what it takes for the pain) and never feel loopy or drunk from ibuprofen

maybe i just have a high resistance to it now and dont feel it anymore

though benadryl, im with klaud on..
2 pills is generally enough to knock me out, and 1 is enough i dont feel safe riding a bike, much less driving

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General