Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby bldavis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:42 am

just got back from few hours flirting and playing pool with a friend
def worth skipping dailies for!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Winkle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:42 am

Sagara wrote:I could have done better, but I was a bit stressed out and made a few dumb mistakes on Stone Guard. Just waiting to show my stuff on WotE Sunday...

Is doing the dance considered the sign of a competent tank? I'd consider the sign of someone watching their monitor.
Winkle

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:51 am

True, but I guess I've gotten complacent and always want to pull insane tricks like last week's Blade Lord.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 am

Sagara wrote:First raid in a new group went decent. The other tank was a PuG (for some reason, they forgot I was tanking XD).

A couple bumps on Garalon - I get to take Pheromones from a HPally and hand it over to the PuG Tank. Sadly the Pally seemed to considers 50+ yards appropriate kiting range, which made Furious swipes... Interesting. Hit enrage at 19% so went over to MSG for a 4/6.

I could have done better, but I was a bit stressed out and made a few dumb mistakes on Stone Guard. Just waiting to show my stuff on WotE Sunday...

I envy you, we've pulled Garalon a total of two times... we've been having personal issues, and real life getting in between as well... I have no idea whatsoever how to do Garalon...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:28 am

Argue heatedly with your co-tank about who the heck is in-range of swipe, who isn't, and why the heck we keep having bad pheromone swaps. That's what Invis and I do anyway. :D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:31 am

I think I'm still under 10 pulls total. I've been eating through videos to get a good idea. I think the biggest problem is discovering the *sweet spot* where the cleave ends.

As the "new guy", I won't step on toes and push too much to have the kiters come closer, I'll just zip back along the last 'mones to get in cleave range. Then, the swap with the other tank is easier, and the swap back to healers shouldn't be a problem.

Also, 2T and 3H is fine to learn, but we're going to need and cut down on healers/tank soon enough.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 am

Tanks need to get pheromones? °_°
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 am

Worldie wrote:Tanks need to get pheromones? °_°

Not need. Can.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:25 am

10 man heroic yes. Normal no. On normal it just makes things needlessly complicated with kiters getting (or not getting) swiped.

FWIW we 0 tank 3 healed normal mode having a ret pally (me) and a holy paly soak fury swipes. We had the other two healers and two good movement ranged dps (hunter and lock) kiting pheromones.

Success/Frustration: H Garalon and Wind Lord down in the last two raid nights but they should have been dead before Christmas, boy was that a rough three weeks...
Gab

Postby benebarba » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 am

Gab wrote:

10 man heroic yes. Normal no. On normal it just makes things needlessly complicated with kiters getting (or not getting) swiped.

FWIW we 0 tank 3 healed normal mode having a ret pally (me) and a holy paly soak fury swipes. We had the other two healers and two good movement ranged dps (hunter and lock) kiting pheromones.

Success/Frustration: H Garalon and Wind Lord down in the last two raid nights but they should have been dead before Christmas, boy was that a rough three weeks...

The strat (10N) we've been trying has the tanks share it with either 2 hunters or, on our best attempts, 1 hunter and a holy pally (think we 3 healed). I think if weren't for the fact that we are seeing DPS issues more than healing/kiting issues we'd change (if we had rogues, I know we would). I'm wondering if at least one us tanks (2 pallies) will have to go ret and use CDs on swipes to get us past the hump. I think our last couple wipes were like 15% death to enrage with no B-rezzes, everyone up and the healers comfy.

But I can totally see how having soakers not take pheromones could make life a bit easier.
benebarba

Postby Gab » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am

benebarba wrote:I'm wondering if at least one us tanks (2 pallies) will have to go ret and use CDs on swipes to get us past the hump. I think our last couple wipes were like 15% death to enrage with no B-rezzes, everyone up and the healers comfy.

But I can totally see how having soakers not take pheromones could make life a bit easier.

As long as you spec and maintain SS and use a Glyphed TV for the damage reduction prior to each swipe its a breeze with divine protection/shield for emergencies. Despite our lack of a defensive "stance" as ret the damage taken really isnt that bad.
Gab

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:42 am

Finally some progress in raiding. After being stuck on the troll guy in MSV for a few weeks he and Spirit Kings went down.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:00 am

Bought myself a blu-ray player, so now I no longer need to use my 12-year-old PS2 to play DVDs. \o/
Bonus: It has built in wifi so I can now watch online TV stuff on my actual TV.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 am

I finished 2 sculpted cakes, Cinnamon cakes with syrup in 2 layers with dark chocolate ganache between the 2 layers, white chocolate ganache on the top and sides, marzipan lid and colored fondant to match the partys logo before general assembly tomorrow where I expect to be nominated for 3rd place on our list for the municipal elections later this year.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Joined darkmoon rabbit for the first time, just to help a guildie.

Proceed to win the Darkmoon Rabbit pet with a roll of 99.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General