Remove Advertisements

patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 pm

The current thinking seems to be that its not wanted to have people have to weigh upgrading versus buying new gear.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Nooska wrote:The current thinking seems to be that its not wanted to have people have to weigh upgrading versus buying new gear.

All I know is that it's pretty harsh to not allow 5.0 upgrade >=/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Nooska wrote:The current thinking seems to be that its not wanted to have people have to weigh upgrading versus buying new gear.

All I know is that it's pretty harsh to not allow 5.0 upgrade >=/

Definitely gives an advantage to players that, for example, got their heroic Sha-touched weapons before 5.2 and had the 1500 VP to upgrade them.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Paladin
- If you have the Protection 2pc, casting Word of Glory again when you already have the block buff will replace the existing buff, if the new one is longer duration. It won’t extend.
- The Protection 4pc will not count for Holy Avenger.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... age=10#192
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Nooska wrote:follow up. Alreayd upgraded gear won't be touched, whether upgrades will be back later will depend on feedback and what the devs thought of it.

WTF???.....

Of all their lame ass half baked backtracking in the past, this takes the cake. So they are going to leave gobs of gear with empty upgrade slots with no upgrade path, all because of qq over reforging, gimme a break. So anyone who followed their advice and took it easy on valor grinding is now fucked over because they might not be able to upgrade the gear they wanted to.

The more they do crap like this, the less and less effort I want to put into the game.

The bright side of this is that I can now run the new LFRs weekly and once I'm done with whatever valor gear the new rep has I can do pet battles or work on killing a few thousand dinosaurs for the mount.

But this will suck for trying to gear up alts.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Just did Council of Elders, AKA Omnitron 2.0 on crack. Really fun fight! :D

Recorded one of the attempts, it's uploading at the moment but should be available here soon: http://youtu.be/enJ4WxAXvTc
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby tullock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 pm

The way I read the blue posts on upgrading was that in 5.2 you could still upgrade 5.0/5.1 gear but not new 5.2 raid gear. That would get unlocked in 5.3 which would be another content without raid patch. Of course I could be wrong, that's just the way I read it.
tullock
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:31 pm

tullock wrote:The way I read the blue posts on upgrading was that in 5.2 you could still upgrade 5.0/5.1 gear but not new 5.2 raid gear. That would get unlocked in 5.3 which would be another content without raid patch. Of course I could be wrong, that's just the way I read it.

Nope... GC tweeted that the NPC that allows valor upgrades is gonna be removed for 5.2
---
Klaudandus

Postby tullock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Ah, that must have been a fairly recent tweet then. Last one I saw it was specifically 5.2 gear with a plan to turn it on in 5.3. That was lime a week or so ago though.

Edit: found the tweet. Wow, just wow. Guess we are going back to the "optional" dailies to spend valor
tullock
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 am

Yeah, it wa shis reply to my tweet (which is what I followed up on further up)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 am

Nooska wrote:Yeah, it wa shis reply to my tweet (which is what I followed up on further up)

Yeah, and I aint very happy he seems determined to NOT answer anything prot pally related...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Nooska wrote:Yeah, it wa shis reply to my tweet (which is what I followed up on further up)

Yeah, and I aint very happy he seems determined to NOT answer anything prot pally related...

And given Blizzard's track record with regards to paladin feedback, radio silence tends to be followed by a bombshell exploding.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 am

The funny part is that some of the things we ask are really QoL issues. Pretty much Snap AoE threat... maybe by ways of fixing Holy Wrath...

Instead, he spent pretty much all week talking about Second Wind and other Warrior talents. Not saying he shouldn't address warriors and their concerns, but how bout throwing us a bone.

Just ask Nooska. Talking about tanks and threat in general? GC replies. Bring Paladin and their threat? Drop the subject on the spot.
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:21 am

Maybe we should ask them to do the math ahead of time and stop putting in both well and poorly itemized gear so we wouldn't have to figure out if a drop is actually an upgrade :roll: (if you can't sense the sarcasm there, I'm not sure I can help.)

I'm not surprised that the upgrade thing has been called into question, but you'd think they'd do a blanket revert/refund rather than leave it as is for those that used it. It seems like it could lead to concerns over gear inflation (ala 10/25 man gear in wrath, if I understand right), but leaving upgraded items upgraded would seem to *ensure* that those people had to weigh if they should keep an item or buy/wait for a drop... unless the next tier was so far above the current gear, even if itemization isn't that great, that it was obvious.

And really, if people chose to keep an upgraded piece from the previous tier... kinda says something about that item and the item that was 'supposed to' replace it, doesn't it? I mean, I'm sure there's a subtle art to designing intended gear upgrade paths, but surely keeping old but well itemized or useful pieces doesn't come as a surprise?
benebarba

Postby halabar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 am

Well, like I said, the valor is now going back to the DS model, buy the rep gear, run LFR or raid for the other slots, then go afk for 3 months. ;-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General