Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 pm

you from the EU or NA?
(might help if someone from here needs a tankadin)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:42 pm

twinkfist wrote:No 4pc again. No legs or hands from sha or lfr again. Unsure if I should run windlord again or just save my last coin for next week. Oh...and still no one hand sword for my warrior

I'm not sure if the 4p is even worth it. Giving up all that haste rating (and hit, expertise and mastery) to equip items with loads of avoidance and pretty much nothing else, for a bonus that could as well be "Set (4) Equip: +2000 Mastery Rating".

Nah, I'm letting the DPS get their tier stuff first, then the healers, then I'll think about bidding on it.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Guild drama, and I am caught in the middle between the two factions...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 am

Getting my second tier token from LFR and realizing that I'll have to wait until I get another piece or two before it's worth upgrading from what I have already from normal. The 2pc prot bonus just hasn't been necessary for me so far, and I think even the ret legs are a side-grade.

That or I should just suck it up and use it to upgrade my ret set, but I'd already blown the hand token on the prot gloves :P
benebarba

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 am

Fetzie wrote:
twinkfist wrote:No 4pc again. No legs or hands from sha or lfr again. Unsure if I should run windlord again or just save my last coin for next week. Oh...and still no one hand sword for my warrior

I'm not sure if the 4p is even worth it. Giving up all that haste rating (and hit, expertise and mastery) to equip items with loads of avoidance and pretty much nothing else, for a bonus that could as well be "Set (4) Equip: +2000 Mastery Rating".

Nah, I'm letting the DPS get their tier stuff first, then the healers, then I'll think about bidding on it.

You're passing on the 4-piece so that you can get what, another 500-1000 haste rating and a little more stamina from a better-itemized piece?

I think that ~5% extra mitigation from SotR is a better TDR and a better smoothing mechanism than another 1-2% haste. Remember that while we like haste, it isn't a huge priority either. It's just better than the alternatives (mast/avoid) by a little bit. It's well below hit/expertise though, so if you can easily cap both of those already, there's not much incentive to skip the set bonuses for more of it.

That said, I really like the 2-piece as well, while you don't seem to from your comments elsewhere. I get a lot of mileage out of the extra 1-min cooldown, because AD is one of my go-to buttons for emergencies, and I've gotten rather good at timing the cheat death effect. It's saved more than a handful of wipes for me.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 am

should have prefaced my statement by saying that i'm main-spec ret and the 4pc for ret is awesome yet i can't get it.

i've pretty much stopped tanking at all anymore. completely and totally burned out from tanking...did have a tank spec to run a heroic just to get the 80 valor...but i don't even run heroics anymore because i can't stand tanking 5 mans.
twinkfist

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

People who say "That Moment" and "Said No one Ever" in normal everyday speech. That stuff drives me nuts in my Facebook Feed, and now I have people saying it casually. Ugh...
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 am

I know that feel bro.

Sorry couldn't help myself.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Shoju wrote:People who say "That Moment" and "Said No one Ever" in normal everyday speech. That stuff drives me nuts in my Facebook Feed, and now I have people saying it casually. Ugh...

That moment when you realize being around douchebag people is the best thing ever.
- Said No One Ever
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Suddenly I think I'm glad that I have no idea what Shoju is talking about..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby benebarba » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 am

halabar wrote:Suddenly I think I'm glad that I have no idea what Shoju is talking about..

Memes, which have become even more annyoing/dumb in most cases than Chuck Norris could ever hope to be.
benebarba

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:51 am

The lounge may be going away.... Holy Hell. I hope we can figure this one out.
Shoju

Postby Nordix » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Apparently I'm a shit tank and was boosted on hard bosses for 6 years - all the world200ish things I got are merely a byproduct of this boosting or were pure luck.
My best bets are world1000+ 2/16hc guilds because I'm incapable of having intelligent thoughts of how tanking is working and I wouldnt last for more than a week in a raiding guild.

I must thank for two of my guildmates for sheding some light on this,now it all makes sense!
Nordix

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 pm

benebarba wrote:
halabar wrote:Suddenly I think I'm glad that I have no idea what Shoju is talking about..

Memes, which have become even more annyoing/dumb in most cases than Chuck Norris could ever hope to be.

Memes... Giving those without creativity or intelligence a voice...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:39 am

Just when I think I've had my annual illness last month, what happens? BAM, sick again. I have a fever, the chills, can't breathe, burning eyes, and it's really entertaining when I don't even want to eat (and have to force myself to do). Plus, I find out we have a 50% sign up for Saturday's raid, and I have this overwhelming urge to go crazy psycho-bitch on people.

Which I shouldn't do when I'm sick, it's just terrible.

(At least no one's ever accused me of being diplomatic!)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General