Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Arnock » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

@Sagara: Are there any 'extra' barriers to you spending time with your half brother other than the baggage? Does he live far away, or is there resentment coming from your dad's side of the family too?

@hobbit discussion: I saw it in 2D on the opening night, I might go back and see it in HFR 3D just for the experience, but I'm not the biggest fan of 3D. At first I was somewhat taken aback, because I expected Peter Jackson to try to find some sort of happy medium between the style and tone of his LotR films, and the more whimsical nature of the Hobbit, when he actually stayed pretty true to the book's tone.

I'd say my biggest complaint was that the movie seemed be more about Thorin and the extra back-story that Peter Jackson threw in, while Bilbo was almost more of an accessory to the plot. Any character development that he showed seemed very forced, in my opinion.

But, overall, I did enjoy the movie, not as much as LotR, perhaps, but it was well done.

@snake: But... But... the princess was in another castle...
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Arnock wrote:@snake: But... But... the princess was in another castle...
Not this time >: D
Dude, she saw Tenacious D & the Pick of Destiny and loved that movie. I don't know how the world's gonna end but she'll be by my side.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

I love Tenacious D And the PoD
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Aubade wrote:I love Tenacious D And the PoD
You can be by my side too. But I won't put out.
(the mindset that comes with liking that kind of movie and songs is rare around here)
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

i guess i am kinda special then too cause i love that movie?

well special in a good way this time? :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby alayire » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 am

re: the Hobbit.
What I meant by rushed was too much shit happening in an almost unbelievable short amount of time. My eyes felt pounded by the amount of scattered stuff allover and my mind was racing trying to acquire info that was coming in too fast.
take the first showing of the Erebor. it starts out fine with slow takes of wide scenery and then starts degrading into smaller and smaller frames where in the end stuff happens so fast, if you blink you missed the entire scene. I understand them trying to keep it a mystery and not showing everything .. but really, picking only garbled pieces of stuff because I couldn't focus on anything felt like the image was crap. too much to see and not enough time to see it.

not everything was like that, some scenes had a smaller background, making them easier to digest but .. almost everything that had action and a wider frame like the stuff under the mountain was very hard to watch.
alayire

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

RE:The Hobbit

Are we seriously going to worry about spoilers for a story that was first published in 1937? I find it hard to believe that anyone, especially on this forum, doesn't already know the story. Either by reading the books or by watching the LotR movies.

I mean, really now. We all know that Snape kills Gandalf and Bilbo ends up defeating Arthas and marrying Hermione.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Aubade wrote:I love Tenacious D And the PoD
You can be by my side too. But I won't put out.
(the mindset that comes with liking that kind of movie and songs is rare around here)

Really? I can recite every song on their first 2 albums O.o
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Arnock » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 pm

theckhd wrote:RE:The Hobbit

Are we seriously going to worry about spoilers for a story that was first published in 1937? I find it hard to believe that anyone, especially on this forum, doesn't already know the story. Either by reading the books or by watching the LotR movies.

I mean, really now. We all know that Snape kills Gandalf and Bilbo ends up defeating Arthas and marrying Hermione.

To be fair, there's a LOT of stuff that wasn't ever in the book.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Aubade wrote:Really? I can recite every song on their first 2 albums O.o
It's rare here. People barely acknowledge rock.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Aubade wrote:Really? I can recite every song on their first 2 albums O.o
It's rare here. People barely acknowledge rock.

at elast it is music...
im not sure how people still qualify rap as anything but beatbox+poetry...and that is a stretch most of the time

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 pm

theckhd wrote:We all know that Snape kills Gandalf and Bilbo ends up defeating Arthas and marrying Hermione.

I would watch this movie. It'd probably be better than what's in the theaters.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
theckhd wrote:We all know that Snape kills Gandalf and Bilbo ends up defeating Arthas and marrying Hermione.

I would watch this movie. It'd probably be better than what's in the theaters.

and sounds like a better love story than twi...
*gets beat over the head with a keyboard by most of the forum members*
OW OW OW
...ffs you should have expected it from me! :twisted:

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:25 am

Spoilers from teh book, no.
Discussing parts of the movie which only came out a month* ago, yeah - at leats imo (since its been split into 3 and untill you watch it you can't be absolutely sure where it splits, several places I thought we had reached the end of the movie).

Now speaking of movies, it just dawned on me what I was waiting for to see, for some reason I mixed in the Eragon movie and the village on teh water scenes from that with the story and was expecting to see that since I knew I had seen it.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Amirya » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:26 am

<.<

I must confess to not knowing anything about the movie/story beyond what was in the LotR movies - mainly being that Bilbo stole a ring from Gollum and has been holding it all these years.

How/why he got the ring, I seriously don't know (I tried on three separate attempts to read the book, and decided it'd be a lot more entertaining and a lot less painful to die the death of a thousand cuts - long as the cuts were made by blades of grass. I found Tolkien to be a prosy old bore.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum