Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:18 am

First, regarding the debacle that was last night. I hate and I mean H.A.T.E. The SEC. I really want ND to show up and at least compete. But no, we now have another year of "SEC iz duh gratest confurunce in the woirld."

I don't know what happened to ND. I refuse to believe that the only difference was that Alabama was that much better. Better? Sure. That much? No effing way.

On to the league I care about.

Texans V Patriots.
NE is talking about how this game will be different, and they expect the Texans are going to be a tough game. I'm glad that they can say it with a straight face. doesn't mean I believe it. NE is going to blow them up again. I'm going to say 38-17

Broncos V Ravens
The Ray Lewis story is good, and I'm glad he won his final home game, but that's the last game he wins. Manning is 8-2 lifetime against the ravens, completing 62.7% of his passes, averaging 264.7 yards per game, almost 2 TD's and 1 pick per game. I don't think that this game is going to be much different. Von Miller and Elvis are going to ruin Flaccos day, and Manning trumps Ray Ray, 31-24

49'ers V Packers
This could be the game of the weekend. Harbaugh West kicked GB's booty week 1. This time around, with a full compliment of healthy receivers, and a rejuvinated run game, the pack will pull off a close one. Something in the neighborhood of 28-24 or some such.

Atlanta V Seachickens
RW's story has been good. He's played hard, the Seahawks have played hard. But too much has been made about the dirty birds lack of success at home in the playoffs with matty ice. The Seachickens will keep it close, but they aren't going to win. 21-17.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 am

I'll go with

Houston at NE
Texans stumbled into the playoffs, can't beat NE with the way they're playing.
34-17

Baltimore at Denver
The Ponies win it. But it's gonna be closer than the previous game
28-17

GB at SF
GB looks healthy for the first time in a while. They will harass Kaepernick all day long and force him into turnovers.
31-13

Seattle at Atlanta
Angrybirds everywhere. Russell Wilson will prove he's the superior rookie of the class. Matty Ice is Romo v2.0
28-17
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:51 am

Man, if I were still playing WoW, I would bet you on the ATL game. Something terrible, like the loser has to make a toon, and follow the other around random major city for an hour, with macro's that say things like "Shoju's my hero". "If only I were smart like Shoju". Just non stop for an hour. It'd be great.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 am

Shoju wrote:Man, if I were still playing WoW, I would bet you on the ATL game. Something terrible, like the loser has to make a toon, and follow the other around random major city for an hour, with macro's that say things like "Shoju's my hero". "If only I were smart like Shoju". Just non stop for an hour. It'd be great.

That implies I'd lose the bet. Fat chance.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Shoju wrote:Man, if I were still playing WoW, I would bet you on the ATL game. Something terrible, like the loser has to make a toon, and follow the other around random major city for an hour, with macro's that say things like "Shoju's my hero". "If only I were smart like Shoju". Just non stop for an hour. It'd be great.

That implies I'd lose the bet. Fat chance.

You talk a big game, only because you know that You don't have to worry about the bet.

How about another bet?

BRB> Making some fun.

EDIT:

I'M BACK! So here's the bet. I win, you fly this as your avatar for 7 days.

I lose, you pick my av for 7 days.

EDIT2:
one final caveat. Av must be SFW.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am

Deal.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 am

WOOHOO!

You're going DOWN Pony Boy.

doooooooooooooooooooooown

:)
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

Nope, not worried.

----

Also, because we love to pile on the hapless Jets

Jets fire Tony Soprano, I mean, Sparano
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... ny-sparano

Rex Ryan conference recap
- Woody has no idea who the Jets GM will be going forward. Shocker…
- Rex has no idea who the new offensive coordinator will be going forward. Shocker…
- Rex admitted he has not done a good job formulating the offensive side of the ball. I wonder if he really believes that or someone just told him to say that?
- Rex says that he’s approaching this situation as it’s his first day on the job. Does that mean he’s going to start trash talking again…
- The funniest part of this is that Woody Johnson is going to let Rex Ryan be a part of the process to pick his boss, the GM. If that’s the case why the hell doesn’t Woody just give Rex Ryan both roles, GM and Head Coach?
- 14:30 into the press conference the first question about Tim Tebow came up and neither Rex nor Woody would commit to whether Tebow will or will not be on the team next season.
- At 19:30 into the press conference the first question about Mark Sanchez came up and neither Rex nor Woody would commit to whether Sanchez will be the starting QB or even on the team next season.
- With all the reporters trying to keep a straight face asking football questions hoping that someone else would bring up Rex Ryan’s tattoo, about 35:00 minutes into the 43:00 minute useless gathering, it finally happened… WNBC-NY’s Bruce Beck finally stepped up to the plate and asked what everyone came to hear, “what’s the deal with the tattoo.”

Rex answered that he has had the Tattoo for three years… and then joked that he would change the number on the jersey if Sanchez doesn’t play better…

http://rotoexperts.com/33045/ny-jets-pr ... o-is-real/

And Kate Upton disses her ex (Mark Sanchez)
It's okay Notre Dame this happened to the Jets every week

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html
Last edited by Klaudandus on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Nope, not worried.

----

You'll be sweatin' bullets late in the game :)

Also, because we love to pile on the hapless Jets

The one constant has yet to be fired. Odd the way that works.

And Kate Upton disses his ex (Mark Sanchez)
It's okay Notre Dame this happened to the Jets every week

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

Was that an intentional "his" slip?
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Oops... well, Freudian Excuse...

This is the sports thread, at when we talk about the Jets, we talk more often about Rex Ryan than Kate Upton... plus, aside the age, sex and weight difference, both loved the same QB until he fell out of favor due to his ill-timed passes, and just generally fumbling things up. =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Just wasn't sure if I had missed some pop culture reference. I'll be the first to admit that models aren't high on the list of things I keep track of.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Also, you're the one that sounds nervous about the bet.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Also, you're the one that sounds nervous about the bet.

I'm just talking trash. You are so going down. The Dirty Birds are going to pluck the eyes out of the dead seachickens, and leave their nasty smelling eyeless bird bodies laying in the parking lot.

Or something.

Seriously though. I'm all in on the Falcons getting to the NFC title game. And then? I'm not sure who will win. I just don't have as much faith in the seachickens I guess.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Also I had to check the date on Shoju's post because I wasn't sure which year that it was from since all Atlanta does now is romp through the regular season and fail horribly in the playoffs.
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Teranoid wrote:Image

Also I had to check the date on Shoju's post because I wasn't sure which year that it was from since all Atlanta does now is romp through the regular season and fail horribly in the playoffs.

Oh I'm well aware of their woes, and absolute suckage in the playoffs. So are they. They have made a conscious effort to change that this year. I think there is just too much talent in Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Matt Ryan to continue to suck this bad with a decent rushing attack, and a Defense that isn't awful.

I think this is the year.

And If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit that they still suck in the playoffs.
Shoju

PreviousNext

Return to General