Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:44 am

How did the inducing go?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 pm

A day later and she was still dilated to just a 1. We're back home, hopefully baby will come on her own, otherwise we're going to explore other options.
Melathys

Postby Nikachelle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Good luck!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelerei » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Melathys wrote:How I know I married the right woman. I lamented how I wished I could share her pain. I held three fingers to her face and said "my mind to your mind" and without hesitation she finished "my thoughts to your thoughts".

Wow. That's just awesome.
Kelerei

Postby alayire » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 am

uhm .. I have to ask those of you who've seen the Hobbit, did it seem, uhm .. rushed? (no spoilers btw)
Don't get me wrong I liked it, I liked the story, the actors and the mood it set. Almost everything felt in place.
Except everything related to fighting. it felt painful to watch, it felt rushed, I could not focus on anything or see anything, I didn't understand anything and it felt frustrating.
Is it just me? was it the 3D? I could not enjoy the movie because of it and I'm wondering if anyone felt the same.
alayire

Postby Era » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:05 am

alayire wrote:uhm .. I have to ask those of you who've seen the Hobbit, did it seem, uhm .. rushed? (no spoilers btw)
Don't get me wrong I liked it, I liked the story, the actors and the mood it set. Almost everything felt in place.
Except everything related to fighting. it felt painful to watch, it felt rushed, I could not focus on anything or see anything, I didn't understand anything and it felt frustrating.
Is it just me? was it the 3D? I could not enjoy the movie because of it and I'm wondering if anyone felt the same.

Do you mean like fight choreography, or? I didn't notice it, at least. Found the movie all in all quite enjoyable, although I do despise 3D - just not enough to go see it in 2D on the smaller screens. :roll:
Most arguments seem to be about the lore changes (which would be spoilerous to discuss in detail), but although it's been a while since I last read the book, I didn't really mind any of the differences. It's quite another thing to tell a story in movie-format after all; I think he did a good job of it.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 am

Opinion & advice time!: As I'm preparing to welcome my son, I've been reminded that I have a family on my father's side.

To be short, my parents separated when I was 11, and my dad died wen I was 16, leaving a 4-year old half-brother behind. I didn't have much contact with my dad's family since the separation, with the exception of my godmother.

The kid has grown up pretty fine, considering he was given to my uncle's custody and eventually adopted when his mother was found unfit (susbtance abuse). The thing is, every time I'm reminded that I should get back in touch with him, I just can't bite the bullet. We had him over at our house for a weekend, and despite everything going decent, I just couldn't keep in touch with, despite being convinced it being the right thing.

I can't help but feel it has something to do with unfinished business with my father, but I'm at a complete loss to find where to begin.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 am

Does he try to stay in touch with you? Or are you the only one making the effort?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 am

Nikachelle wrote:Does he try to stay in touch with you? Or are you the only one making the effort?

Neither of us are doing much. A couple cards a year, a couple phone calls. Otoh, he's barely 18 last year.

Sagara

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:26 am

Sagara wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Does he try to stay in touch with you? Or are you the only one making the effort?

Neither of us are doing much. A couple cards a year, a couple phone calls. Otoh, he's barely 18 last year.

Are you two level on that? I mean, does he know your reasons to find it so difficult? I'd start there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On parallel news, today's the birthday of my girlfriend's late husband. Interesting times ahead...
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:38 am

Nope, never came clean on that, because I never truly dwelled much on it.
Our lives never intersected, and I still have near-zero contact with my father's family.

----------

Parralel channel: ooh boy. This is gonna be a fun few days.

Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:39 am

Do you actually want to spend time with him? (Or even like him as a person for that matter.) Or do you just feel obligated because you happen to share some DNA cells?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 am

I'm not sure, and that's a big part of the problem - the more I think about it, the more I realised I pushed everything about them away as a way to cope with my parent's separation and later, my father's death - but it's 15 years later and I'm still not done coping, from the looks of it.

So yeah, I want to spend time with him, because I want to give him a chance to be more than someone with similar DNA. But I can't get around to do it, precisely because we have similar DNA, and I can't deal with the baggage.

Sagara

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

RE: Hobbit; I found the fight choreography a bit rushed an dizzying - I think it has to do with the 3D and both eye snot being on exactly the same page (even with the High Frame Rate) - that he moves were simply too fast for the brain to process as correct.
If talking storywise, I think it was a pretty good pacing, apart from [spoiler]under the mountain, I found the Gollum arc a bit rushed compared to what I remember from the book[/spoiler]
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 am

Didn't have any problem like yours with the 3d view. I found that sequence rushed too, and I liked the lore changes so far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I kinda made a fool of myself there. Concurrently to the day in general I find I'm in a bad position in an important, career-defining competition here, which kinda set me down way harder than it should, and she spent a good deal of the day cheering me instead. My only relief is that it seemed to lighten her heart as well.
On a third parallel topic, I discovered that my reasons to joke that she's batman only rise. When she was 16 she fled to india, adopted hinduism and stuff. Forward 8 years or so and she's elected/prophecized/chosen/whatever to be a new Sannyasa. She refused, but still today(14 years later) some devout groups pay reverence to her.
On a fourth, her brother and she were chatting and he inquired into our relationship. Eventually she got fed up and said "if you want to know whether Mario saved the princess and advanced a level, yes he did.". What's not to love?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum