Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Fetzie wrote:
bldavis wrote:ill have to take a look at the ball again, but it seemed a bit pointy for a rugby ball (and yes i know what a rugby ball looks like, i am a huge fan of rugby, we just dont get much of it here)

not sure how an aussie rules football differs from american, but i at least know about a rugby ball

I think we can probably excuse it, I'm sure the artists involved haven't seen a rugby ball before.

if they are like most americans...yeah prob not.
shame really, rugby is a hell of a game, much more fun to watch than american football, and way more fun to play too :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:09 pm

oh and fiesta bowl..
k-state had the ball most of the second quarter, scored a field goal
ducks get it back with 50 sec left, touchdown...yeah sounds about right :twisted:

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Mannstein » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 am

bldavis wrote:oh and fiesta bowl..
ducks get it back with 50 sec left, touchdown...yeah sounds about right :twisted:

To be honest except for Handball and baseball/cricket i like see other sports...
So yesterday while zapping i stop at ESP America and start seeing that match... I like the GAME but the downtimes are tooooo much... (And i complain about Football)... but worst was the Cardinal vs someone, i think that the last 7minutes of the 1st part took about 40minutes... :S
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby bldavis » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:53 am

lol Stanford Cardinals vs Wisconsin Badgers

the down time is what i hate about american football and lack of it is why i love rugby

bldavis

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:34 am

bldavis wrote:lol Stanford Cardinals vs Wisconsin Badgers

the down time is what i hate about american football and lack of it is why i love rugby

That's what I don't like about it either. Watched the Super Bowl last spring, thought "OK, kick-off is at 3AM here, it is a ~90 minute game with a half-hour break for some pop star to fail at miming the lyrics to their songs, I'll be in bed by 5." Oh no, the last 15 seconds of the game took about ten minutes because they kept stopping play every three seconds for a 2 minute advert break.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 am

Fetzie wrote:

That's what I don't like about it either. Watched the Super Bowl last spring, thought "OK, kick-off is at 3AM here, it is a ~90 minute game with a half-hour break for some pop star to fail at miming the lyrics to their songs, I'll be in bed by 5." Oh no, the last 15 seconds of the game took about ten minutes because they kept stopping play every three seconds for a 2 minute advert break.

As I understand it, that's one of the big draws of college, and even in some areas high school, football: there tends to be less 'artificial' downtime (time-shifting for ads) as well as fewer 'let's get all the refs to watch TV for 5 minutes to see what just happened, then argue for 5 more' moments.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 am

bldavis wrote:ah ty bene!
i have often wondered about that

No problem. It was really convenient to be able to find that graphic.

Personally, I'd rather play any of them than watch them, though rugby and Aussie rules tend to be more interesting to watch for me because of the flow and I hardly know the rules/strategy used in American football. I'll take rugby over soccer too: fewer people working on acting awards ;)
benebarba

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am

Well, this is why I hate basketball. There is no other sport where the last 30 seconds can take 15 minutes, and where normally the first 57 minutes of the game are totally irrelevant. Then there's soccer that I can't stand because there's 120 minutes of guys rolling around holding their shins. And why I love baseball, because a team can be down to it's last strike, and still pull it out and win (Here's looking at you Texas Rangers.. :D )

If rugby and aussie rules were available more here, i'd be interested.. heck, I'd even give cricket a whirl. Read an interesting article recently about cricket, and what americans generally don't realize is that watching cricket is more like having a picnic, where you are watching the kids play all afternoon. It's not the massive over-stimulus lightshow that american sports have become. You can go to a cricket match and bring a book.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Ugh, that was one of the worst Fiesta Bowls I've been to :(

Nothing against your Ducks - they played pretty well - K-State just looked like they were sleepwalking the whole game. Not much energy, on either side of the ball. Didn't help that Kline ran the play clock down to like 0.005 seconds on EVERY damn play.

Was really looking forward to this one, too.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm

/Trade...

Started with a question about how trolls give suck when the babies grow tusks, went over homosexuality in trolls in the game (absent or present) to homosexuality in general - with no name calling, to end up at Nintendo Wii U console talk.

yeah, trade chat on an RP server after 10 pm is weird compared to other servers.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Jabari wrote:

Ugh, that was one of the worst Fiesta Bowls I've been to :(

Nothing against your Ducks - they played pretty well - K-State just looked like they were sleepwalking the whole game. Not much energy, on either side of the ball. Didn't help that Kline ran the play clock down to like 0.005 seconds on EVERY damn play.

Was really looking forward to this one, too.

oh i completely agree, that was a terrible game by both teams lol

i hope the national championship game is a little better...

bldavis

Postby Teranoid » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:22 am

New upgraded heirlooms in 5.2 take the old one PLUS the items original cost.
For 5 more levels.

*snicker*
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:59 am

Meanwhile, the Spear of Xuen + Quilen trinket on a 85 monk is absolutly monstruous :)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:05 am

Teranoid wrote:New upgraded heirlooms in 5.2 take the old one PLUS the items original cost.
For 5 more levels.

*snicker*

lol, not that big of a concern for those of us who have them sitting, collecting dust in the bank.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:13 am

It's just comical when I think about how much time it would take me to grind out all the JP to upgrade those heirlooms instead of just levelling the characters from 80-85 without them.

After the XP nerf it's probably not even worth it. My shadow priest went from 80-82 in like 2-3 hours with just the cloak and helm + guild perks.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General