Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 am

Worldie wrote:It's fairly easy to hit 100k dps on a large hard hitting AoE pull in 5 men with any tank class :)

Yeah, I've done over 300k on the trash before the penultimate boss in Siege of Nuizao Temple. Pretty easy with cooldowns.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 am

Can you keep 90K+ dps for the whole instance?

Some pulls I can do big numbers as well, but no way I can keep it overall --- like I said, most damage overall i've done in Scarlet Monastery has been 45-50K and being a tank, I'm more concerned with not dying and controlling everything... but it seems that monk tanks can do the same and also do obscene dps at the same time.

The monk tank in the guild can keep up with my dps or do more and he's nowhere near me when it comes to gear. And he can still rip off the targets off of me with a keg smash.

I know I'm not the best player, but I am insanely hard to kill, unless I screw up badly, I'm one of the last ones in the raid to die, sometimes the last one, and can survive without a healer for a while.

So, I either suck or monks are just...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 am

If you are only in combat (i.e. skada is tracking your damage) during large trash pulls, chain-pulling mobs and bloodlusting bosses away/attacking them with a huge vengeance stack, I bet it is possible. Keg smash is ridiculous, though.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Gab » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 am

5 mans are a terrible metric for... well anything.

You can easily get to, and maintain, obscene vengeance levels if you pull large groups and pull them quickly coupled with cds. The difference in tank DPS numbers can be night and day because of vengeance.

That's the only thing that keeps 5 mans "fun" for me, seeing how high I can get my vengeance and how long it can stay at those levels. I'll even pull very large packs on top of bosses just so I can dps MORE.

From everything I have seen in raid settings tank damage is relatively close between equally geared/skilled/vengeanced players regardless of class. Although SNAP aoe threat from Keg Smash is a bit ridiculous as well as the ability to spam dizzying haze.

TLDR Try pulling more stuff.
Gab

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 am

Still can't blame me for being disheartened regarding our AoE threat.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 am

Klaudandus wrote:Still can't blame me for being disheartened regarding our AoE threat.

Nope, I agree that our snap AoE aggro needs a (significant) buff. Removing the Meteor mechanic from HW would be a start, that was only introduced to try and take it out of the Ret AoE rotation back in WotLK IIRC.

Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 am

Am I the only one who doesn't consider speccing Holy Prism as prot a crime?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 am

Worldie wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't consider speccing Holy Prism as prot a crime?

I actually specced into Holy Prism because you suggested it a while back. I just have it macroed to target me first, so it can hit all the mobs around with the damage part (unless its a single boss, in which I have it hit the boss first and heal those around me)
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Worldie wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't consider speccing Holy Prism as prot a crime?

I actually specced into Holy Prism because you suggested it a while back. I just have it macroed to target me first, so it can hit all the mobs around with the damage part (unless its a single boss, in which I have it hit the boss first and heal those around me)

I don't suppose you have that macro to hand do you? I tried Holy Prism out but found it annoying with targeting it.

Fetzie

Postby Gab » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

Not at all.

I really like HP on a couple of raid encounters (anything where I'm not trying to greed dps with ES or don't need LH to help with long periods of AoE healing) and sometimes for trash or dungeons.

The five target limitation is what keeps it from being in the class of something like Keg Smash for AoE threat imo.

Edit: Frustration - Didn't raid at all the week of Christmas which I'm ok with but we missed one night the week before and again last night because of attendance. Our Shaman up and quit and people are appearing to lose interest, if this guild dies I think I'm going to hang up my raiding gloves, I don't want to start over with a new guild/server/faction again.
Gab

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 am

On teh aoe threat, Sagara is better geared than me, and I still peel off packs even when waiting a few seconds through Outbreak and double Blood Boil (talented to spread diseases) - paladin aoe threat needs a buff, no doubt about it.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 am

Yeah, remind everyone how much I suck :-p

For the record, it happens even while I throw Light's hammer in the pack. Even with SoR. Maybe I should spec in HP for trash >_>
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 am

Fetzie wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:

I don't suppose you have that macro to hand do you? I tried Holy Prism out but found it annoying with targeting it.

Quite easy,
/cast [modifier:alt,@charname] Holy Prism, Holy Prism
(casts on self with alt, on target without)
/cast [modifier:alt] Holy Prism, [@charname] Holy Prism
(opposite)

Also, Light's Hammer generates no threat because the damage is attributed to the "pet" hammer.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

That explains a bit ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am

Worldie wrote:Also, Light's Hammer generates no threat because the damage is attributed to the "pet" hammer.

See above for me being an idiot...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General