Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The Jets season summed up in a 3 and a half minute clip: http://youtu.be/wL2o4MJqD9g

Bonus: Yakkety Sax

3 and a half minutes of buttfumble?

more like 3 and half minutes of Jets suckage, including Buttfumble
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Klaudandus wrote:more like 3 and half minutes of Jets suckage, including Buttfumble

But those were the highlights of the Jets' season...
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Nooska wrote:Ohh, so cricket is a mens only sport (or are there different rules for women?) ;)

Women play Cricket too, but in general they don't have the power to hit the ball out of the oval so it's a really freaking boring game.

Wait... the men's version is a really freaking boring game... Ok, I guess it is the same.

Honestly, any game that can be contested for 5 days and typically ends in a draw is completely pointless. Only the British could come up with something so idiotic.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Nooska wrote:Ohh, so cricket is a mens only sport (or are there different rules for women?) ;)

Women play Cricket too, but in general they don't have the power to hit the ball out of the oval so it's a really freaking boring game.

Wait... the men's version is a really freaking boring game... Ok, I guess it is the same.

Honestly, any game that can be contested for 5 days and typically ends in a draw is completely pointless. Only the British could come up with something so idiotic.

Ok, that cracked me up!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 am

I was just wondering as Kelerei only spoke of the male gender, both singular and plural ;-) (as opposed to using the term "player")
My joke/troll/whatever failed :p
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 am

Apparently, one of the questions that Banner and Haslam have been asking the Coaching prospects they have interviewed is their opinion on Weeden. Banner and Haslam are reportedly not sold on him as a Franchise QB, and there are rumors that Heckert/Shurmur's belief that he could be was part of the decision to let the former go.

While I'm not sold on Weeden or McCoy, and Lewis has only had 1 game of data to look at, I'm not sure that I'm terribly excited about dropping another high round pick on a QB soon. I would almost (and I stress the almost) rather them try to pick up Alex Smith, or make a trade with the seachickens for Flynn (if it can be done cheap), Or see what King's Ransom DC would want for Cousins.

Looking over the 2013 QB Class, You have

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, And Tyler Wilson as the "cream" of the Crop this season, and I'm just not sure I believe that any of them are going to be... "Franchise" type guys.

Geno Smith Maybe? But, he's the "prize" QB of the class, so I would assume he'll be gone before our 6th pick.

Matt Barkley is from USC, and I just don't want to be the team to try and "break that curse"

Landry Jones is intriguing, I think he is a "Sleeper" sort of guy, the way that RW was this year.

And I'm not sure about Tyler Wilson. I don't watch, or care, about Arkansas football, I jsut know that people are all about him.

Then you also have Aaron Murray from Georgia. I'm just not sure if he's coming out this year.

Personally, I think the Browns need a "real" FB. A better TE. Another good LB or two to pair with Jackson, at least 1 Safety, and either a new QB, or better play from one of the three they have. That's really it. Richardson and Hardesty seem to be a good tandem in the backfield. We have a great group of young WR's in Little (who learned to catch in the second half of the season), Gordon, Cooper, Benjamin. We have a good OL, maybe need some depth. We have a great DL. I've seen people saying "They need more help on the DL" I just don't get it. Maybe to replace Rucker, but Rubin, Taylor, and Sheard are animals. We have a good shutdown Corner in Haden, Brown is getting a little old, so maybe we need another one. TJ Ward looks like a good safety, Usama Young? Not so much.

And my god. They better send Buster Skrine packing soon.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 am

The QB crop doesnt seem really good this year. They might be better off trading for Matt Flynn or Kirk Cousins...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:The QB crop doesnt seem really good this year. They might be better off trading for Matt Flynn or Kirk Cousins...

I'm interested in Flynn, Cousins, or even Alex Smith (with the right system). Our receiving core looks good.

Little - 53 Catches | 647 yds | 4 TD | 0 Fumble
Josh Gordon - 50 Catches | 805 yds | 5TD | 1 Fumble
Travis Benjamin - 18 Catches | 298 yds | 2 TD | 1 Fumble
Josh Cooper - 8 Catches | 106 yds | 0 TD | 0 Fumble (looked like a fantastic possession type guy before he got hurt)
Ben Watson - 49 Catches | 501 yds | 3 TD | 1 Fumble
Trent Richardson - 51 Catches | 367 yds | 1 TD | (Fumbles aren't broken down between receiving and Rushing, but 3 for the year)
Trent Richardson - 267 Rush | 950 yds | 11 TD

We have a good group of Skill players on Offense, even if Watson is probably the weakest link. We also have a good O Line, with Joe Thomas, and Alex Mack, and Mitchell Schwartz looks like he will be good.

Maybe the Browns can pull off a trade, or pick Smith up in FA. The last thing I want to do is see them draft some half baked QB, when there are better places to put those picks. (WTB Mantei Teo PST)
Shoju

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 am

I have a feeling that Barkley is gonna drop like a rock, so you might be able to get him in the 3rd or so. I still wouldn't draft him to start. Trade for Smith and draft Barkley later to be groomed.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am

halabar wrote:I have a feeling that Barkley is gonna drop like a rock, so you might be able to get him in the 3rd or so. I still wouldn't draft him to start. Trade for Smith and draft Barkley later to be groomed.

I don't want a USC QB. They (for the most part) SUCK
Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Palmer showed signs of being good. But then he went and pulled a "I'm not going to play for you" and took his seat on the suck train.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Speaking of Browns Starting QB's. I just went and found all the data for the "Browns Careers" of the Starting Qb's we have had since we have been in the league. Now, for those of you who may not know this. The Browns Starting QB job is... Well... A Death Sentence. Seriously. Not a single Starting Qb since 1999 has a winning record at this point. Including the guys who didn't start much.

Let's take a look. These numbers are woefully skewed, since some of these poor suckers only played a game.

QB Comp %
Code: Select all

Thad Lewis     68.75%
Kelly Holcomb    63.71%
Charlie Frye    62.54%
Jake Dellhome    62.42%
Tim Couch     59.80%
Trent Dilfer    59.76%
Colt McCoy     58.26%
Brandon Weeden    57.45%
Seneca Wallace    57.21%
Jeff Garcia    57.14%
Doug Pederson    55.71%
Derek Anderson    52.93%
Brady Quinn    52.12%
Ty Detmer    51.65%
Luke McCown     48.98%
Ken Dorsey    46.74%
Spergon Wynn    40.74%
Bruce Gradkowski 33.33%

Yds / Sack Lost
Seneca Wallace      -2.75
Doug Pederson      -4
Ty Detmer      -4
Jeff Garcia      -4.13
Bruce Gradkowski   -4.5
Thad Lewis       -4.67
Colt McCoy       -5.59
Brady Quinn      -5.65
Charlie Frye      -6.03
Trent Dilfer      -6.04
Brandon Weeden      -6.64
Tim Couch       -6.74
Spergon Wynn      -6.85
Derek Anderson      -7.17
Kelly Holcomb      -7.65
Jake Dellhome      -8.17
Ken Dorsey      -8.33
Luke McCown       -10.17

Snaps Per TD
Bruce Gradkowski   #DIV/0!
Spergon Wynn      #DIV/0!
Ken Dorsey      #DIV/0!
Doug Pederson      115
Jake Dellhome      81.5
Brandon Weeden      40.86
Charlie Frye      39.56
Colt McCoy       38.82
Brady Quinn      36.18
Thad Lewis       36
Trent Dilfer      34.18
Tim Couch       30.38
Luke McCown       29
Jeff Garcia      25.92
Derek Anderson      24.06
Seneca Wallace      23.4
Kelly Holcomb      21.46
Ty Detmer      20.4

That's right! Ty Detmer Scored TD's at a better clip than Any Browns QB since 1999. Oh man.. .That's painful to look at. Obviously the #Div/0's mean those guys didn't even get to sniff the End Zone as a Brown.

Snaps Per INT
Spergon Wynn         70
Seneca Wallace         58.5
Ty Detmer         51
Brady Quinn         44.22
Colt McCoy          42.7
Thad Lewis          36
Jeff Garcia         34.56
Brandon Weeden         33.65
Trent Dilfer         31.33
Charlie Frye         30.96
Tim Couch          29.93
Doug Pederson         28.75
Derek Anderson         27.27
Kelly Holcomb         26.57
Jake Dellhome         23.29
Luke McCown          16.57
Ken Dorsey         14.29
Bruce Gradkowski      8.67

Well Mr. Spergon Wynn. Many won't remember you, but you can always say you threw the ball away on average less than any other Browns QB since 1999. And Poor Mr. Gradkowski. That's gotta rank up there as one of the worst. Seriously.

Snaps per Fumble
Ty Detmer            #DIV/0!
Thad Lewis             #DIV/0!
Bruce Gradkowski         #DIV/0!
Seneca Wallace            117
Brady Quinn            99.5
Brandon Weeden            95.33
Kelly Holcomb            79.71
Colt McCoy             71.17
Derek Anderson            58.43
Luke McCown             58
Doug Pederson            57.5
Jake Dellhome            54.33
Tim Couch             54.19
Ken Dorsey            50
Charlie Frye            47.47
Trent Dilfer            41.78
Spergon Wynn            35
Jeff Garcia            34.56

Well, At least Bruce can say "But I'm only one of three QB's to start in Cleveland since 1999 and NOT FUMBLE THE BALL! Honestly, on a whole, I'm surprised. browns QB's don't cough it up that bad.

Snaps Per Sack
Doug Pederson     115
Jake Dellhome     27.17
Derek Anderson     26.11
Brandon Weeden     20.43
Ty Detmer     20.4
Brady Quinn     19.9
Seneca Wallace     19.5
Kelly Holcomb     18
Ken Dorsey        16.67
Trent Dilfer     16.35
Colt McCoy      14.47
Jeff Garcia     12.96
Tim Couch      12.08
Thad Lewis      12
Charlie Frye     10.03
Luke McCown      9.67
Bruce Gradkowski  6.5
Spergon Wynn     5.38

Well. As you can tell, the Browns went through a period of time where they couldn't protect their Qb's. Shocker. I don't even remember Dough Pederson, but He can smile gleefully while he looks at the rest of those suckers and says "You fools got beat down!"

Yards per Snap
Trent Dilfer   5.93
Jeff Garcia   5.79
Brandon Weeden   5.79
Kelly Holcomb   5.76
Derek Anderson   5.64
Seneca Wallace   5.59
Ty Detmer   5.55
Thad Lewis    5.36
Tim Couch    5.27
Colt McCoy    5.18
Jake Dellhome   5.04
Doug Pederson   4.81
Brady Quinn   4.79
Charlie Frye   4.69
Luke McCown    4.41
Ken Dorsey   3.2
Spergon Wynn   1.46
Bruce Gradkowski 0.38

Wow. First, I went back and double checked. Of the QB's this year who weren't the Kneel Down Butler the worst YPS in the leauge this year for ANY QB not named Ryan Mallet (Kneel Down Butler), Brock Osweiler (Lots of KNeeling), or David Carr (3 plays, one was a sack) was 2.13, posted by Graham Harrell. That .38 has to be a sign of incredible abject failure Mr. Gradkowski. I'm not surprised that the vets we brought in lead the list. I am surprised we didn't have someone who averaged 6yps though.

And Finally, NPPS
Doug Pederson   0.06
Ty Detmer   0.07
Seneca Wallace   0.08
Brady Quinn   0.08
Brandon Weeden   0.09
Derek Anderson   0.09
Jake Dellhome   0.1
Kelly Holcomb   0.11
Colt McCoy    0.11
Thad Lewis    0.11
Trent Dilfer   0.12
Tim Couch    0.13
Jeff Garcia   0.14
Ken Dorsey   0.15
Charlie Frye   0.15
Luke McCown    0.18
Spergon Wynn   0.23
Bruce Gradkowski 0.27

Wow. We had 6 guys who ended up at league average or better on NPPS (.09 seems to be the low end of "average"). But then we can all stare mockingly at the Qb's who were worse than Kevin Kolb's massive .14 this season. Wow.

So........... Being a QB in Cleveland Sucks. The next guy they draft should say "HELL NO WE WONT GO!"
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Shoju wrote:That's right! Ty Detmer Scored TD's at a better clip than Any Browns QB since 1999. Oh man.. .That's painful to look at. Obviously the #Div/0's mean those guys didn't even get to sniff the End Zone as a Brown.

So........... Being a QB in Cleveland Sucks. The next guy they draft should say "HELL NO WE WONT GO!"

---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Klaudandus wrote:The QB crop doesnt seem really good this year. They might be better off trading for Matt Flynn or Kirk Cousins...

I'm of the mindset that the Shanahans wont be trading Cousins for a while, possibly only when Kyle takes over for pops and they can draft another late round QB backup. Or if Cleveland offers up some high draft picks.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 pm

How about we offer them:

Brandon Weeden
Colt McCoy
Josh Cribbs
and Buster Skrine
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Wait... you still need a backup, who would you have as your #2 qb?
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General