Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Kelerei » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:36 am

Sha of Fear still won't drop Kilrak...
Kelerei

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 am

Kelerei wrote:Sha of Fear still won't drop Kilrak...

Empress won't drop the mace, nor will LeiShi drop the staff.

Also missing most of raid last night and still getting pulled in to replace someone for 45 min of wiping on N Elegon because had to teach some pugs, and people either failed at their orbs or their towers.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 am

dps and off-tank left the guild two days ago....so we are back to where we were before...no where.

the off-tank then went to another guild along with our old fury warrior and mage...and then got the normal starshatter.

wanted to stick a fork in my eye. also, don't want to be titans grip. have three chances for a 1h weapon...2 for 2h weapon...guess what? i'm titans grip because of 2 starshatters and 0 other weapons.
twinkfist

Postby Sagara » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am

Found myself insanely bored in LFR this evening, and realised a big part of it is the absence of challenge I've had pretty much non-stop for a year or something. I think the biggest challenge I've had in 2012 was...

*woosh*

I got nothing :-(
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby econ21 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 am

Sagara wrote:Found myself insanely bored in LFR this evening...

Are you dpsing? I've found that really boring - I've literally been nodding off at points. Coupled with 1 hour queues, it's a horribly dull experience.

I've only tanked a bit, but that was much more fun. Sadly, I only have a need for ret gear (for OS). I only need a couple of pieces now, so may just switch to tank full time and forget about them. There's signs of a tank shortage emerging, so queues might get better for that role.

Healing I appreciate for its novelty (for me; only doing it on my 4th alt) and especially the instant queues.
econ21

Postby Sagara » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:44 am

Mostly DPSing for the boots of Wind-Lord, but even tanking has become dull in LFR. Like I said, it's mostly a challenge issue. Whenever I go down in a fight, it's usually a problem of attention (which means I need a quick breath) or there's a whole chain reaction leading up to it over which I had little control (like 50+ stacks on Lei Shi).

I had a similar thing in ICC back when, but the simpler rotation allowed me to weave all the Hands spells whenever I wanted. I guess I need to know the fights even BETTER, and try those tricks once again?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am

Paypal is completely phasing out HTTP1.0 protocol.
Guess what my shopping cart software uses? So. I update it, based on what they are saying, and I can't seem to make the code "work". I'm hoping the tidbit I was able to glean from a conversation with another user helped me.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 am

Waited almost an hour and a half in queue for Terrace on my hunter today. Ghostcrawler says that T14 LFR will still be relevant going forward due to no new catch up dungeons.

Can't wait till I get to my dps alts in 5.2 and it's a 5 1/2 hour wait to run a half of Heart of Fear for what usually amounts to the amount of gold I could have made doing 10 dailies.

Edited for rampant spelling errors that would give my ninth grade English teacher a seizure.
Teranoid

Postby Archeth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 am

While I understand and generally support this idea of catching up, I'm really curious how it will turn out another raid patch down the road. Wouldn't be the first time they misjudge players' desire to (re)run certain content to play alts, or with friends and other latecomers.
Archeth

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 am

I'm predicting feeder guilds becoming a thing again (especially based on the selfishness I've seen in regards to "guild loyalty" this expansion) - if that happens and we start feeding, I'm stopping though, don't want to move to another guild, and don't want to spend my time feeding other guilds either.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am

Teranoid wrote:Waited almost an hour and a half in queue for Terrace on my hunter today. Ghostcrawler says that T14 LFR will still be relevant going forward due to no new catch up dungeons.

Can't wait till I get to my dps alts in 5.2 and it's a 5 1/2 hour wait to run a half of Heart of Fear for what usually amounts to the amount of gold I could have made doing 10 dailies.

Edited for rampant spelling errors that would give my ninth grade English teacher a seizure.

Oh, and just wait for the wipes, raging and trolling. Good times, I predict ;)
benebarba

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am

Archeth wrote:While I understand and generally support this idea of catching up, I'm really curious how it will turn out another raid patch down the road. Wouldn't be the first time they misjudge players' desire to (re)run certain content to play alts, or with friends and other latecomers.

Yeah, considering the new loot system, I think a lot more alts are gonna die off. I know I'm killing mine in regards to any further progression.

halabar

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am

i have two 90's...warrior and pally. two 85's...shaman and dk. spend the time i do have doing dailies and whatnot that i haven't touched my shaman in a month and dk in 2 months.

sort of sad...enjoyed both. would love to level my hunter because i want that gun from BWL that dropped on my warrior and the bow from Halls of Reflection...i don't think i'll be seeing either at any point.
twinkfist

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 am

twinkfist wrote:i have two 90's...warrior and pally. two 85's...shaman and dk. spend the time i do have doing dailies and whatnot that i haven't touched my shaman in a month and dk in 2 months.

sort of sad...enjoyed both. would love to level my hunter because i want that gun from BWL that dropped on my warrior and the bow from Halls of Reflection...i don't think i'll be seeing either at any point.

I have 4 90s, was gonna work on a 5th, but from this point forward, only 2 will see LFR or dailies, and if my raid spot goes away, it will be only 1. Not enough time in the week to get valor capped on more than one toon, and for what? Gear that will be replaced in 2 months.. Blizz doesn't realize what they've done with the grindfest. I see a lot more burnout coming.

halabar

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am

not as much burnout...as "what's the point?"

i really did enjoy my dk and shaman...and would love to have other professions to level up so i could either spend less gold or have other money-making professions...but at this point, unless blacksmithing can make old bc weapons or naxx weapons and sell them for gold..i'm stuck selling that ghost 2h axe for like 5k gold whenever i get the 5 harmony things.

thank god i really enjoy my warrior and pally.
twinkfist

PreviousNext

Return to General