Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am

They are doing it similar to what they did at the beginning of Panda. The old models are being brought back as green drops and/or quest rewards. Wowhead has an article on it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 am

excellent, excellent, excellent. kicking myself because i picked the 1h sword from that starting quest instead of the one that looks like reckoning from the crusader of crap instance. didn't make that mistake on my warrior.

i'm too lazy to go to northrend...but did try to 2-man 25 man faction champions for that 2h axe...f that.
twinkfist

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:36 am

Nikachelle wrote:Oh maybe I'm thinking of the 2H. I don't remember it being only for one hand.

2h'er is from Warp Splinter in Botanica
1h'er is from Murmur in Slabs

Some other Main Hand Weapons I'm curious to see in use.

Spine of a Thousand Cuts (if you were lucky enough to see it drop in DS)
Seethe (because blue is awesome)
The Turning Tide
Maw of the Dragonlord (I think that's be pretty awesome on a DW DK,
Twilight's Hammer
Andoros Fist of the Dragon King
Glorious Scepter

And I'm curious. Does anyone have a Supposed Mace, or a Skullstone Hammer? It looks like a Monkey Wrench? I'm curious if it is moggable. Would be a pretty cool Engineer themed Mog.

Goggles,
Armor that looks like it could be in or from a junkyard
That mace
And one of the Scrap Metal Shields that looks pieces together, or a Force Reactive Disk.
Shoju

Postby Newsom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 am

twinkfist wrote:excellent, excellent, excellent. kicking myself because i picked the 1h sword from that starting quest instead of the one that looks like reckoning from the crusader of crap instance. didn't make that mistake on my warrior.

i'm too lazy to go to northrend...but did try to 2-man 25 man faction champions for that 2h axe...f that.

Sorry to disappoint but they're bringing back old troll models (ZG/ZA), not ToC ones.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 am

Newsom wrote:
twinkfist wrote:excellent, excellent, excellent. kicking myself because i picked the 1h sword from that starting quest instead of the one that looks like reckoning from the crusader of crap instance. didn't make that mistake on my warrior.

Sorry to disappoint but they're bringing back old troll models (ZG/ZA), not ToC ones (because they already did them).

Fixed.

They already brought back the ToC ones. The first quest green weapons on the Alliance gunship were ToC models. My hunter has the one that's the same model as the BRK-1000. Allthough I don't think they did them all.

Wowhead had an article on it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:32 pm

yeah, i meant that when i saw the TOC models i was pretty happy and then passed on the 2h sword because i'm an idiot. picked the 1h sword that is red. now i have to go to TOC 10 man to get that sword on my pally.

i like the 2h axe from that place...but getting people that want to go there is a pain.

went to black temple on my pally for the first time since BC to see what i could get. jack sh!t.
twinkfist

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

A friend asked me to design a set for his fresh 90 Troll Monk.

Probably not Monk enough but definitely screams "I'm A FREAKING TROLL!"

EDIT:
Once he is done being mad, I'll send him This set and tell him to pick one.
Shoju

Postby Gab » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 am

Need a little help. I really like the look of Swiftsteel Shoulders but it has been difficult putting together a matching set. I think I'm pretty close to where I want it.

I'm trying to find some boots and possibly a belt (although the judgement one seems to be a decent fit) to bring the set together. Current boots are just too gold, looking for something slick/minimalist as a replacement.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Gabora/advanced

Thoughts? I could change the legs/hands as well I suppose but I kinda like the Grimscale legs and the fingerless gloves.
Gab

Postby Newsom » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

halabar wrote:They already brought back the ToC ones. The first quest green weapons on the Alliance gunship were ToC models. My hunter has the one that's the same model as the BRK-1000. Allthough I don't think they did them all.

Wowhead had an article on it.

The reason they brought some of them back was because they became unavailable when they removed the attempt based tribute chests. You can still get all the other models from there by just running the raid.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

Gab wrote:Need a little help. I really like the look of Swiftsteel Shoulders but it has been difficult putting together a matching set. I think I'm pretty close to where I want it.

I'm trying to find some boots and possibly a belt (although the judgement one seems to be a decent fit) to bring the set together. Current boots are just too gold, looking for something slick/minimalist as a replacement.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Gabora/advanced

Thoughts? I could change the legs/hands as well I suppose but I kinda like the Grimscale legs and the fingerless gloves.

Here are some boots I would check IN GAME because the colors of the model viewer get weird on gold sets.

1.) Blues Greaves of the Righteous Gaurdian.
The question here will be is the gold gold enough, and are the accents too distracting.

2.) Vicious Gladiator's Greaves of Alacrity.
The question here is simply, do the colors match you armor. Looks like a good choice, maybe.

3.) Lawbringer Boots.
A long shot. I don't think they'll match.
Shoju

Postby Gab » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:44 am

Shoju wrote:Here are some boots I would check IN GAME because the colors of the model viewer get weird on gold sets.

1.) Blues Greaves of the Righteous Gaurdian.
The question here will be is the gold gold enough, and are the accents too distracting.

Only have model viewer atm.

I really like the colors on these as well as the red accents matching the belt's without being over the top. Perhaps a tad bulkier than what I was looking for but I'll definitely give 'em a shot. I think a grey color would also work. The main emphasis is on the shoulders so the boots don't have to be too eye catching.

Thanks Shoju.
Gab

Postby twinkfist » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:36 am

going back and doing all these old instances for gear...i really forgot how cool the BWL is on the eyes.

actually, i may start wearing t2 again because no one on my server wears it anymore except for the purple recolor. probably t2 with the drake talon cleaver because everyone and their mother has the draconic avenger as an axe model.

even the wrath set for my warrior isn't looking that bad right now with dual cat's edge.
twinkfist

Postby Shoju » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 am

twinkfist wrote:going back and doing all these old instances for gear...i really forgot how cool the BWL is on the eyes.

actually, i may start wearing t2 again because no one on my server wears it anymore except for the purple recolor. probably t2 with the drake talon cleaver because everyone and their mother has the draconic avenger as an axe model.

even the wrath set for my warrior isn't looking that bad right now with dual cat's edge.

It has some fantastic models.

Maladath,
The original Ashkandi
The Elementium Bulwark
Herald of Woe
Staff of the Shadow Flame
Chul'Shorukh
Doom's Edge
Dragonbreath Hand Cannon
Claw of the Black Drake
Ashjhre'thul
Hell, Even Heartstriker looks good for being so... "plain"

And then, you have T2, which almost all the T2 sets look pretty awesome. I'm not a fan of the warrior set, but I know I'm in the minority.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm

I think I'm the only person in the entire WoW-verse to think that paladin T2 is friggin' hideous...
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General