Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Newsom wrote:Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D

Mixed feelings here. While I love the flexibility of it all, my Teebu's Blazing Longsword will become a commonplace mog from a dungeon drop.

I'm using a look mostly based on looking great, but also enjoyed because of the rarity of the pieces. The Vanguard set is very hard to farm, and Teebu's is pretty darned exclusive.

I like that some exclusive looks are extremely difficult and/or expensive to have. It's one of the few challenges left in the game.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Huh? How does being able to mog an axe into a sword change that?
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah seriously.

Did they reconsider on the GM Claymore yet?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Newsom wrote:Just tried transmogging on the PTR and you can totally mog axes to maces or swords, main hand to one hand works as well! :D

Mixed feelings here. While I love the flexibility of it all, my Teebu's Blazing Longsword will become a commonplace mog from a dungeon drop.

I'm using a look mostly based on looking great, but also enjoyed because of the rarity of the pieces. The Vanguard set is very hard to farm, and Teebu's is pretty darned exclusive.

I like that some exclusive looks are extremely difficult and/or expensive to have. It's one of the few challenges left in the game.

Yeah, but so many of those rare models are unusable currently due to the dearth of weapon choices. A lot of the old MH models can't be used currently.

This will greatly improve choices.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 am

Exactly. It was a pretty stupid restriction to begin with, though I think it was mostly because many MH weapons didn't have OH models and it'd be weird for dual wielding.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 am

If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 am

Shoju wrote:while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS

I loved that weapon. I remember the first time I saw it I was like "oh wowwwwww".
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Shoju wrote:while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS

I loved that weapon. I remember the first time I saw it I was like "oh wowwwwww".

I remember keeping that sword on a bank alt for ages just because of the skin, and then when transmogrification arrived I was overjoyed that I had saved it - And then equally frustrated when I couldn't because of MH restrictions. :(

Will definitely pick it up again should I return to WoW at some point.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 am

I tanked with that sword for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I even used it at times simply because I loved the model after I had better weapons (and the content was heroic Pugs where threat wasn't an issue.)

When I main changed to Onisu, I went back and did lots of the old stuff for achieves, and then later for mogging. I had always held out hope that they would allow what they are doing now, and saved it for that very reason.

It's probably one of my fav Sword Models in the game. Simplistic, but very cool. There is a 2h'd model of it that you can get from the Botanica. If I were a Warrior, I'd probably have both models so that I could go Fury, and people would never know if I were Titan's Grip, or SMF. Sort of like the Silver-Edged Axe (2h'd) and the Axe of the Judgement Day use the same model, but are 1h'd/2h'd models.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 am

Oh maybe I'm thinking of the 2H. I don't remember it being only for one hand.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:55 am

Shoju wrote:If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.

Did you see they are also bringing back the old ZA and ZG gear that was made unavailable when those raids were converted to 5-mans?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 am

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:If I were playing, I would go back to wearing T12 (normal, not heroic) while Dual Wielding Great Sword of Horrid Dreams for DPS, and using my Troll Wood Plate with Skull/Spine Mace for tanking all the time.

Did you see they are also bringing back the old ZA and ZG gear that was made unavailable when those raids were converted to 5-mans?

Whoa really? Where/how?

I ticketed a GM last expansion trying to get my old ZA shield back (I even tried to offer him screenshot proof I'd had it) but they refused. :(
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Archeth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 am

They do? I really wanted the Tuskbreaker gun on my hunter, ran ZA almost every lockout before they turned it into a heroic, but that thing was a chest reward and never dropped for me. I got pretty much everything else I wanted, although not necessarily on every alt. The recolors they added to the heroic ended up being kind of ugly though.
Archeth

Postby twinkfist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 am

halabar wrote:

that is so freaking awesome. jin'rokh...zin'rokh..whatever the one was called from the ZA 10 man...i loved that thing...could never get it to drop. that and the 1h mace for tanking.

i personally love the gladiator's gavel...the white rock on a stick...thinking about getting that for my warrior as well...going dual-wield. actually, if i stay titans grip...dual-wielding the burning crusader looks awesome sheathed on your back.
twinkfist

PreviousNext

Return to General