Bonus Loot from Time Trial

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bonus Loot from Time Trial

Postby Dnasheen2 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi,

Is there a timer for releasing the NPC after completing a boss within the time trial?

ie:

We kill Bear boss within time, loot Bear boss (but not speaking with the captive).
We Kill Eagle boss within time, loot Eagle boss.
We go straight to Lynx boss, kill him and loot him etc etc

Can we go back once we've killed all the 4 animal aspects and then release the captives after? Or do we have to release the captive right there and then after each boss kill?

Thanks.
Dnasheen2

Postby Rainge » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:10 pm

I've always just released them as soon as the fight is over. They take forever to open their loot thing though, but you can come back and open the box/bag/whatever after you finish the rest of the timed event.
Rainge

Postby Huon » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:42 am

yep, just come back after you either succeed with the 4 bosses or fail because of lack of time...

they stay put in their cage ;)
Huon

Postby Aalryn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:32 am

Leave them in their cage and come back later.. They'll stay there forever. I've never opened the cage immediately after the boss. we always come back after the instance is cleared.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:40 am

If you don't open the cage at all though don't they still die if you fail the timer? Some of us aren't clearing all 4 consistently and need to hedge our bets ;)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 am

Honestly I will be amazed and applaud everyone in this thread if they're all releasing all 4 consistently.

That's a pretty epic accomplishment even for T6-geared guilds.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:51 am

Yeah, we got 3 for the first time on Sunday....only 4 minutes to spare. We may drop from 3 healers to 2 for the next run.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aalryn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:34 pm

I managed to tank an alt run for my guildies last night and got a bear mount >.>

We had about 1/2 & 1/2 for mains and decently geared alts. We were expecting to only go for a ring run. When we had 20 minutes left after the dragonhawk boss we decided to book it and i tanked the tiger trash 2 pulls at a time dragging the tigers across to get double pulls. We made it to the tiger boss with 7 minutes left and downed him with 2.

was epic. It made for our 18th bear mount in guild, my personal 15th consecutive successful bear run, and Saabik, our ret paladin, now has a bear on his main and alt both >.>

ZA is my place though :) I Love that zone since we are so tuned for tanking it.

edit: but yes. even if you dont get all 4, the ones you did get successfully will still be there. (aka park your alts outside for free lewts)
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby jere » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Aalryn wrote:edit: but yes. even if you dont get all 4, the ones you did get successfully will still be there.

QFT

We typically only get bear and eagle at the moment (we are still taking too long to get to the lynx). We don't open cages, fail the even at the lynx, and go back for our loots afterwards with no problem.
jere

Postby fiorina » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:35 pm

nah, alts and friends sux... we are using much healthier method, 5k gold per mount, need to build some nice credit before WotLK :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Return to Zul'aman