Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Millhouse Manastorm down! I pulled 426k dps on the kill, and the enrage still hit a couple seconds after.

Love the Brawler's Guild. Don't think I've been this happy about a kill since the first time I beat Yogg-Saron with my old guild.

It's also doing pretty good at creating a community around itself - nevermind that it's cross-realm, you still always have the same servers merging, so a lot of the same people hanging about; the difficulty encourages people grouping up for buffs, and the long waits while watching each other fight encourages conversation.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm

still not sure what i can say about it, but i just got 2 closed beta codes for World of Warplanes to share...
PM me if you want in!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Rhagen » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Just burned Yogg-Sarons Brain down to 1hp in 2 seconds or so as Ret, 10 man that is while helping a friend, i didnt even notice he was that low until he all of a sudden turned red, was Hilarious.
Rhagen

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:25 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Worldie wrote:Sometimes I do indeed wonder how I got less FPS now with a proper monster pc, than I had 8 years ago with a shit pc in 40 men raids.

they have been tweaking the engine every expansion... like sunshafts were added recently...

Recently being 2+ years ago with cata ;-) - but yeah, thats recently compared to vanilla, I'll grant.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 pm

3/4 Terrace on 25 man in 5 pulls.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Went into Ulduar (10) for the first time in years. Soloed Orbituary, Ignis, Razorscale, Heartbreaker, Koralon, Iron Council hard mode, Auriaya, and Hodir (before timer).

Almost managed to solo Thorim but he kept despawning on entering the arena; after many tries, Nika joined me, and we two-manned Thorim, Knockx3 Freya, Firefighter, and Vezax hard. Then three manned Yogg+0.

I just have to go back next week and re-do Razorscale and Koralon for my meta and the mount.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Andurin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:17 am

Last day of the year and at work to help out with the helpdesk. Wish I brought my laptop along since there is absolutely nothing to do. I think we got a grand total of 7 people in the building (wich is about a new record).

Tumdidum...
Andurin

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:15 am

its 1515 hours (quarter past 3 pm for the yanks), and my new years dinner is all set to take care of itself - well I have to turn on the stove for potatoes and make the sauce when the hour approches to watch the Queens new years address at 1800.

First time in 6 years I'm not scrambling around at this point to make sure everything is ready to get cooking at designated times - so I can actually relax this year (last 45 minutes will always be hectic)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:18 am

Let's hope your Queen's adress goes any better than our King's Christmas adress...

He got flamed for warning about the threat of populism and tendencies reminiscent of the 30's...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:56 am

I've joined this century and now have a widescreen monitor... now to re-arrange my interface for the much larger real-estate :P
benebarba

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:00 am

benebarba wrote:I've joined this century and now have a widescreen monitor... now to re-arrange my interface for the much larger real-estate :P

Oh lord. Next step: dual monitors.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 am

Nikachelle wrote:
benebarba wrote:I've joined this century and now have a widescreen monitor... now to re-arrange my interface for the much larger real-estate :P

Nah, I had that back when I still had a laptop at home. I just don't have a need for it.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 am

Nikachelle wrote:

Meh.. I've had dual-screen for years, and I'm beginning to think that one 27" might work better that dual 24's. However, it would be harder to "alt-tab" in LFR...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amshel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:21 pm

LFR on Garalon the tank locked out 4-6? people on the pull, including the other tank, so I take soaking spots place and also top healing meters. People were calling for a wipe but we stuck it out and it went really well for how it started.

It's rarely ever simple healing that fight in LFR because people don't move as groups like they could, so tbh it wasn't any different from normal except throwing more heals on myself.

More of an amusement but at work a woman asked me to tell her how much was left on her giftcard so I held it up and said, "probably seven" and she guessed $9. When I swiped it it was $8.50 and she says she won since she was closest, but I said I won because she went over. then she said I watch too much The Price Is Right. lol, good stuff.
Amshel

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Seriously considering quitting raiding. Realizing more and more that it's just a job, and the "thrill" isn't there (allthough certain raid leadership has a part in that). While I enjoy some of the people in the raid group, there's not the thrill in success that there should be.

Also realizing that the time I spend on my raiding toon (spriest) and my hunter (the toon I still like) adds up to too much. Trying to stay valor capped and other things just eats too much time if I want to get off my ass this next year and do some other things.

I figure that between LFR and factions and stuff I can keep my hunter current enough to have fun, and still be able to pug raids when a spot is available.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General