All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 am

Klaudandus wrote:Fuck RGIII and his ROTY... Luck and Wilson are more deserving

20 TDs and only 5 Ints, more yards than Wilson on roughly the same number of attempts, RG3 has 1 more attempt. 752 yards rushing and 6 rushing TDs.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 am

lol, good grief klaud...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 am

Klaudandus wrote:Wilson is more mobile than other QBs, but doesnt seem to be as prone as RGIII to run for it and therefore I see him having a longer career than RGIII

I guess you didn't see the 'skins last game against the Eagles where RG3 was pretty immobile due to his knee injury and threaded beautiful passes.

He's a lot more than a running Quarterback.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:26 am

ok, fine, don't give it to wilson~ I still like Luck more than RGIII. Specially since the Colts were the worst team in the NFL last season, and are on the verge of going to the playoffs as a #2 seed (with some luck -- no pun intended)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Wilson is more mobile than other QBs, but doesnt seem to be as prone as RGIII to run for it and therefore I see him having a longer career than RGIII

I guess you didn't see the 'skins last game against the Eagles where RG3 was pretty immobile due to his knee injury and threaded beautiful passes.

He's a lot more than a running Quarterback.

I hardly watched that game, I'll be honest... and I'll like RGIII more if he learns not to be as reckless as he has been; hopefully he has learned his lesson with the knee injury he got.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:30 am

I've got a pretty good sense of things for the Seahawks. No Wilson has not carried the Seahawks all year long the way that RGIII has with the skins, partially it's because he doesn't need too, but another part is that Wilson got to spend the first three quarters of the year just managing the games, RGIII never had that luxury.

This really understates how bad the Redskins defense was for most of the season. Somehow over the past month they've reached a "bend but don't break" point that works most of the time so RG3 and the offense doesn't need to put up 30+ points for a chance at winning.
Flex

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:33 am

Klaudandus wrote:I hardly watched that game, I'll be honest... and I'll like RGIII more if he learns not to be as reckless as he has been; hopefully he has learned his lesson with the knee injury he got.

The "reckless" behaviour combined with Alfred Morris becoming an amazing running back is what makes the offense so potent. It freezes defensive players hard where they have no idea where to go.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 am

Klaudandus wrote:I'd say, Kirk Cousins also carried the redskins on his shoulders, considering that RGIII knocked himself out of a couple of games with his recklessness... and Kirk is the reason why they're even 9-6 and close to winning the division.

It makes it almost impossible to take you seriously when you post shit like this.
Teranoid

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 am

Klaudandus wrote:ok, fine, don't give it to wilson~ I still like Luck more than RGIII. Specially since the Colts were the worst team in the NFL last season, and are on the verge of going to the playoffs as a #2 seed (with some luck -- no pun intended)

Yeah, I'm sure Luck will get some votes because of that. I don't think I could give it to Luck over the other two because his numbers are a step down in comparison, but he has done a terrific job for the Colts this year.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:30 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Cleveland won't need a QB, Big Ben will throw it to them.

Screw Rex Ryan. Realistically he's handled that situation about as bad as anyone could have dreamed. I guess I don't blame him for not starting Tebow at this point. If he did and Tebow was better than terrible, he'd be under that much more heat. Though I would hope it's too late to save him at this point.

EDIT: Also RGIII being the first rookie QB since Marino to be an outright selection to the Pro Bowl (while Wilson wasn't selected at all), probably isn't helping Wilson either.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Can't say I think Ryan did anything wrong from the info in the article. Losing your QB three days before the game isn't a situation anyone plans for, and can you really blame him for going with the guy who has actually played and practiced with the team when he's got two practices and a walkthrough?

Tebow has never shown himself to be a decent quarterback. Sure, he won some games last year, but so did Sanchez. It's not that hard to win games with a great defense.
Paxen

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 pm

I think there was a reasonable debate to be had with Sanchez and Tebow, earlier in the year. Sanchez was particularly bad this year, statistically worse than Tebow as a passer, never mind Tebow's running abilities.

Ultimately though, I don't really care about any of that. The NFL and the idiots in the sports media (who rank extremely high on the idiot level), are a whole lot more interesting if Tebow does play. I was hoping to see some of that this year.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Koatanga » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Cleveland won't need a QB, Big Ben will throw it to them.

Screw Rex Ryan. Realistically he's handled that situation about as bad as anyone could have dreamed. I guess I don't blame him for not starting Tebow at this point. If he did and Tebow was better than terrible, he'd be under that much more heat. Though I would hope it's too late to save him at this point.

EDIT: Also RGIII being the first rookie QB since Marino to be an outright selection to the Pro Bowl (while Wilson wasn't selected at all), probably isn't helping Wilson either.

Well, Pro Bowl selection does say it all. For instance, I was all fired up about Richard Sherman being the best corner in the league, but since he didn't get selected for the Pro Bowl, I guess he's just another also-ran, in spite of his 7 interception, league-leading 30 passes defended, and the ability to remove receivers like Calvin Johnson from the game. What a chump.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 am

Well, he didn't get selected because of the PED use. Apparently he won his appeal today though...but yeah there were several articles about that with teams saying they wouldn't vote for him even though they think he's the best CB and it's not even close. It's unfortunate for him especially given that he ended up winning his appeal (at least that's what he is reporting), but it wasn't an oversight about his skills.

And before you trot off to attempt to find an actual legitimate snub for your point, lets not try to make yet another straw man, I didn't say that the Pro Bowl was the end all be all, I said it wasn't going to help Wilson's cause for the Rookie of the Year, which isn't really debatable. So go poke somewhere else.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General