Relationships

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Relationships

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:41 pm

She's as fine as fine gets in this situation. The only sucky part s that she's stuck in the hospital for the holiday. She'll probably grab a guitar and sing to the children's block, she loves that stuff. It's not in my city, though, so I can't visit easily, much less when I have so many other familial obligations.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Well, I suppose there are worse ways to spend Christmas than singing to sick children.

Hope she gets better.

And Merry Christmas for those of us in EST!
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:22 am

Nikachelle wrote:So... who else is working today?

Me.

Even though the company I work for is Canadian, the local branch is still subject to Russian calendar of holidays, which means that Christmas falls on 7th of January. At least we won't be getting any new instructions from the head office today...
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:10 am

I felt like I need to give out the full story here.

I have had some extremely intimate and caring relationships, but never really one of passion worthy of a holywood movie that combined the above.
That, however, changed this semester when I met a certain woman(let's call her #M). She's taking the same classes I am, but her brash instinctual reactions and tendency to overcomplicate things gave me a very, very bad impression of her.
She does, however, sit just beside the hottest chick I've seen in years(let's call her #L). The kind I wouldn't believe existed were she not right beside me. So I approach to make a move (She's not into me, but we are of one in mood and befriended quickly. It's a friendzone I find I don't mind).
As the weeks pass I see #M shares some of my worldviews and we get into some real talking. Cue a month or so where we became BFFs immediately and reached a level of intimacy and touchy-feeliness that makes everyone (our families included) think we are all but married(they don't believe us when we deny the accusations). It felt like it was going to be a repeat of #L, but the more I looked the more I realized I needed a bit more...

Alas, she's into a certain guy that isn't around a lot because of his job. I decided to respect that for a change and contented myself with what I had.
Then she shows me her best friend (#G, the one whose pic I posted here and is dating me). Her first impression on me was marvellous, and it looked like, from day one, she'd be in my life not unlike #M and #L. Quite the bundle, these three are.
As we socialize, my guess was right, I was really into her, and by what #M said she was into me in unprecedented levels, so a few days later I decided to give chase and see what happens, finally giving up on #M.

It's reciprocated alright. Just after I decide to make it official, #M comes to me complaining she felt betrayed. "You could at least have told me, after I egged you two to get closer I'd like to be the first to know from you, rather than her telling me."
I go into wtf mode and ask her why, if she wasn't into me, to which she replies "I've always been into you, it's just that I had the other guy in my mind first and only now I'm starting to waver."

Cue a gigantic wtf on my side, and a couple days of strange, strange talks. Eventually we settled on "let's each see how we develop and when/if the current arrangements fail we switch". A couple weeks of happy joy omg I love these two women ensue...and #G passes out of nowhevere, convulsion ensues. When the dust settles the whole thing is spewed: "I have a brain tumor, reincident, which causes leukemia and cardiac insuficiency. I don't think I'll live another year."
To my surprise that didn't really scare me or flip me in any way. It just felt sad and solidified my will to be near her.
The next week was the worst: She has a LOT of worries about us. She's 37, I'm 25. She's a widow and lost her kids, I never felt true love. She's sick and no one wants to be near her. She's too accomplished for most men to feel at ease near her.
She went into a depression cycle hard enough her family didn't know what to do, mostly in relation to us, and I pulled her out of it by showing her I really want to be near her no matter what problems she has.

So here we are right now. A happy, fucked up couple in a strange, strange place and time. To add a very, very dark spin to it all, #M and I are fairly certain that as soon as we stop grieving her eminent death we'll engage (the only reason it isn't already so is because those two don't believe in sharing).
All of this happened in maybe 3 months, 4 tops.
Oh, and my father in law is a bit over 7'1" tall danish colonel aviator called AsÞórr. Yes, my father in law is a norse god.

TL;DR: What the fuck is going on?
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:15 am

If it wasn't that tragic, I'd say to copyright the story for a future Real Life movie.
Damn man, you're REALLY in for a loop... :-(

EDIT: guess who's at work?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:31 am

Sagara wrote:EDIT: guess who's at work?
I am :D
Fun fact: She's the nerdiest joker I've seen in my whole life. Coming from my family, that's guiness-worthy.
When she caught wind that my fling with #M was postponed because I chose her, she said "I feel like a pokemon now".
Her reaction to our first kiss was to mutter "nom nom". To say I was in joy was an understatement.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:03 pm

she sounds amazing, and im really happy she found someone that will be with her in these final months.

all i can say is bravo snake, you are a better man than i

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't think I'm a good man, much less better than another. I just really really really really really really really really really really like her.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 pm

that is enough sometimes
and like i said, i am glad she found someone like you for these last few months :)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:49 pm

It does seem to be enough this time, because as much as she really operates on a different level (she's larger than life), her family never saw her acting like an infatuated teenager before or the glitter in her eyes when she speaks of me. Not even her late husband and kids deserved that attention, it seems.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:06 pm

It's good that you're both happy, especially during such a difficult time.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Walked by this sign tonight:

Also, it finally snowed properly in Toronto so this was what it looked like on my way to work this morning:

Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm

All of my jelly. Alllll of it.
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:47 am

/facedesk repeatedly

note: this is in no way tied to the current topic...just needed some where to post that

bldavis

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Lovely, lovely situation. #G and I coming back from the hospital, and she asks to go to the bathroom and for some water. By the time I'm back with the bottle she's gone.
Cue twelve hours searching for her. Just got a reply, and she's gone because shit happened when one of the big guys she arrested tried to strike back. Now she's hiding/scheming.

#disadvantagesOfDatingAnFbiAgent
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum