Remove Advertisements

Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hotfixes...hotfixes...Always the hotfixes

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 pm

Sadly I don't have those items yet, plus I'm leveling my druid as resto :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:14 am

Worldie wrote:I'd have preferred a nerf to the damage in P3 rather than dumbing down the transitions between phases.

I dunno, there's a certain logic to nerfing that particular segment.

Other aspects of the fight have fairly clear accountability, either individual or for a particular role. Someone falls through the floor? It's immediately obvious who they are. Someone lets their spark go through? The column is a dead giveaway. Someone gets one-shotted by TA? Clearly they didn't reset their stacks. Protector doesn't get killed quickly enough? The DPSers should step up their game. Protector dies on sparkly floor? The tank should move faster. People are demolished in P3? Time for healers to pop CDs and start burning through mana like it's magic rocket fuel.

The transition sub-phase, however, is quite chaotic, which makes evaluating weak links rather hard. If someone gets killed by a stray add, who's to blame for it? Themselves, for getting caught? Or the healers for not topping them off beforehand? Or the DPSers for not bringing the columns down fast/synchronized enough? Or the tank for not grabbing the adds quickly with the tools they have*? Or the RNG for picking the worst targets possible? Or the raid leader for not bringing a DK to trivialize this segment with AotD?

I would prefer if they'd somehow tweak this section to make responsibility for failures more clear - but frankly, I don't see any obvious way to achieve that. So nerfing this part altogether is probably the next best thing.

Treck wrote:What kind of statistics are that?

OK, then let's take 30% of the most successful 10N raids.
Kings? 3-shot or better. Will? 4-shot or better. Elegon? 19.

Then let's look at number of pre-kill wipes for the least fortunate 20%.
Kings: 11, Will: 14, Elegon: 54.

As you can see, the pattern is largely the same.
Normal mode Elegon is really overtuned compared to the bosses before and after him.

Treck wrote: are people who "progress" normalmodes expecting to oneshot them and complaining they are to hard if it doesnt die the first day you go on it?

I'd say that people expect to progress at a more or less consistent pace, regardless of the actual speed. That is, if past experience has shown me that our raid can learn a new boss in a couple of evenings worth of pulls, getting stuck on the same boss for several weeks will be frustrating. Ditto if we generally take a week to learn a new fight and then get stuck for over a month.

I'm not saying that every single fight should take the exact same time to learn, down to a minute - variety is very important. However, when one particular encounter is five times as hard as the ones preceding and following it, that's just poor raid tuning.

(*WTT HotR for Keg Smash)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Nooska » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:16 am

On 10, we just really need to look at paragon progression for Elegon - 27 pulls compared to single digit pulls of all the other bosses - sortof says it all, when they need 4 times as many pulls on that one boss (I assume we don't need to discuss whether they know their crap and how to do stuff).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Newsom » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 am

Worldie wrote:I'm starting to suspect that the progressive nerf of T14 will start with 5.2

People will need gear to get into T15 raids, and making T14 easier will lessen the weight of gearing up of new people eventually making it puggable.

That is, if they intend as I remind hearing, to not make "old content" completely become irrelephant when a new tier is released.

*random thoughts*

What I find interesting/weird is the lack of new 5 man heroics for catch up gear. Or maybe that will be added in a future PTR patch?
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:46 am

Newsom wrote:What I find interesting/weird is the lack of new 5 man heroics for catch up gear. Or maybe that will be added in a future PTR patch?

They may consider LFR gear sufficient for "catch up gear."
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:04 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
Newsom wrote:What I find interesting/weird is the lack of new 5 man heroics for catch up gear. Or maybe that will be added in a future PTR patch?

They may consider LFR gear sufficient for "catch up gear."

There was a blue post about it that basically indicated that they wouldn't be adding any 5-mans. So we'll only likely see new scenarios along with the raids.

I really don't enjoy scenarios...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:31 am

Then don't do them? After I finished the achieves I haven't ran a single one because they're great the first few times and a chore otherwise.

Scenarios are far from a great way to gear up for anything and I can't imagine it getting any better as the patch goes along.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:56 am

Teranoid wrote:Then don't do them? After I finished the achieves I haven't ran a single one because they're great the first few times and a chore otherwise.

Scenarios are far from a great way to gear up for anything and I can't imagine it getting any better as the patch goes along.

Never said that I did them, just said I don't enjoy them. I think I've only done 5 total scenario runs, including the Theremore event at 85.

LFR + dailies is still the best way to gear up outside of raiding, as long as you don't have 1000+ lesser coins.

halabar

Postby Passionario » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 am

halabar wrote:I really don't enjoy scenarios...

Not even the one with the bombing run?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby beornus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:20 am

that one is a bear if you have 3 clothies like I always seem to get when I do the bombing scenario, forget the name

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Passionario wrote:
halabar wrote:I really don't enjoy scenarios...

Not even the one with the bombing run?

Never done that one, and there are too many dailies already that are bombing runs of some sort. As long as I have a need for the lesser coins, it's LFR and dailies to cap (plus raiding otherwise).

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:37 pm

I use scenarios for extra valor while waiting in queues for other things. They're fairly simple and fast, and it beats standing around earning zero valor while waiting in a 40 minute LFR queue.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:47 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I use scenarios for extra valor while waiting in queues for other things. They're fairly simple and fast, and it beats standing around earning zero valor while waiting in a 40 minute LFR queue.

Might have to try that if I'm not doing anything, but sofar I'm either tending the farm, doing dailies, or alt-tabbed... :-)

halabar

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I use scenarios for extra valor while waiting in queues for other things. They're fairly simple and fast, and it beats standing around earning zero valor while waiting in a 40 minute LFR queue.

Still kinda shocked how little known this method is even with a few blue posters saying that's how it is designed to be used.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah, best thing is queue scenario, dungeon, LFR, then do all three in a row with no waiting.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to General