patch 5.2 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: patch 5.2 ?

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm

theckhd wrote:It's not exactly a huge nerf. And remember, it's a buff at low Vengeance, which is the common situation you'll be at on pulls or picking up adds. It was probably done to try and help improve those situations without buffing our steady-state DPS.

Quiet you! I want to have my cake and eat it too! :P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I cannot confirm this, but... 5.2 has the return of the helm enchants... as part of the legendary quest!?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:09 am

Well, Greg stated on his Twitter that this *isn't* an head enchant. Which does seem a bit contrary to what's on the patch notes.
Maybe another special slot to put on helms? THat's be quite a bit of extra slots, all in all.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenris » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:40 am

theckhd wrote:It's not exactly a huge nerf. And remember, it's a buff at low Vengeance, which is the common situation you'll be at on pulls or picking up adds. It was probably done to try and help improve those situations without buffing our steady-state DPS.

The main problem i have with it is that i don't see it as a meaningfull buff when they place it on an over-time spell,while the problem is the next-to-0 snap aggro compared to other tanks

Well, Greg stated on his Twitter that this *isn't* an head enchant. Which does seem a bit contrary to what's on the patch notes.

TF2-style
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 am

Looking forward to the potential new pets that have been datamined, and wondering if they are going to add any other old-world beasts to the new "Dire Horn" family.

Getting a sneaking suspicion that the one island we'll discover will be a cross between King Kong's island and Jurassic Park, but with a giant TRex as the end-boss.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:06 am

Fenris wrote:

The main problem i have with it is that i don't see it as a meaningfull buff when they place it on an over-time spell,while the problem is the next-to-0 snap aggro compared to other tanks

Oh, I never said it was going to be a very effective buff. :P It might be a buff to solo content though, where you never get very much Vengeance and can reasonably assume the full duration of Cons.

I still think that removing the meteor mechanic from Holy Wrath is what we need to make snap aggro tolerable. Who knows, though - maybe this was an intentional nerf to Cons to make up for the extra AoE DPS that sort of Holy Wrath buff would give us?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 am

theckhd wrote:
Fenris wrote:

Oh, I never said it was going to be a very effective buff. :P It might be a buff to solo content though, where you never get very much Vengeance and can reasonably assume the full duration of Cons.

I still think that removing the meteor mechanic from Holy Wrath is what we need to make snap aggro tolerable. Who knows, though - maybe this was an intentional nerf to Cons to make up for the extra AoE DPS that sort of Holy Wrath buff would give us?

can't they switch to cons ticking right at cast... basically, becoming 0-8 ?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:07 pm

PTR just went up, so far it is extremely buggy. People are missing spells and you can't interact with objects. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 pm

GC seems to be ignoring all paladin tank tweets... makes me wonder if its because he fears how thorough Theck's theorycraft is.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fenris » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:GC seems to be ignoring all paladin tank tweets... makes me wonder if its because he fears how thorough Theck's theorycraft is.

I guess he's skipping all paladin-related stuff since he managed to piss off all the rets a few days ago.

Once again :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Klaudandus wrote:GC seems to be ignoring all paladin tank tweets... makes me wonder if its because he fears how thorough Theck's theorycraft is.

I've sent him about half a dozen, no answer. Of course, I might be doing it wrong and they aren't being sent, that is always a possibility (a real one too, I don't really "get" this social media stuff).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Fenris wrote:I guess he's skipping all paladin-related stuff since he managed to piss off all the rets a few days ago.

Once again :roll:

Fetzie wrote:I've sent him about half a dozen, no answer. Of course, I might be doing it wrong and they aren't being sent, that is always a possibility (a real one too, I don't really "get" this social media stuff).

Send him several tweets myself... asking basically if its intended or not that the consecration change is a nerf at high levels of vengeance, and remains mum on it.

Even if he wants to stay mum regarding ret pallys, its not an excuse to not address prot pallies... consecration is a prot pally only spell.

I just think he is aware of the sway Theck and his math crunching has over the community as a whole. If Theck says something sucks then the whole community says it sucks, no matter how bad GC says it doesn't.
---
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Which is a bad example of groupthink, to be honest. I do make mistakes occasionally, after all.

But in any event, I doubt he's trying to avoid anyone. He must get a ridiculous number of tweets every day, and only responds to a tiny percentage of them. And probably primarily to ones that he can jot off answers to quickly without looking up too much data. I wouldn't be surprised if he handed this to a class dev with instructions to "buff Cons at lower AP levels, but don't buff it much/at all at high AP levels." It's not like he tweaks every number himself.

Plus it's not a large enough nerf to make Consecration suck. It's such a minor effect that it's probably not worth his time commenting on it.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

theckhd wrote:Which is a bad example of groupthink, to be honest. I do make mistakes occasionally, after all.

But in any event, I doubt he's trying to avoid anyone. He must get a ridiculous number of tweets every day, and only responds to a tiny percentage of them. And probably primarily to ones that he can jot off answers to quickly without looking up too much data. I wouldn't be surprised if he handed this to a class dev with instructions to "buff Cons at lower AP levels, but don't buff it much/at all at high AP levels." It's not like he tweaks every number himself.

Plus it's not a large enough nerf to make Consecration suck. It's such a minor effect that it's probably not worth his time commenting on it.

Quiet you, you are math perfection incarnated!!!

I just dont think the cons buff is enough... not compared to the other tanks... at least getting the conversation started we might be able to sneak ideas about holy wrath being a proper snap aggro tool

Also, if you have the sway is because you show the math openly for everyone to see... whereas Blizz tends to be very secretive and asks us to thrust them blindly... even if your math proves otherwise
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

OTOH, it's PTR release day, and like Theck stated, he already gets a crapton of tweets a day.

I'm betting he's waiting until we are INSIDE the PTR before answering any questions about Cons. Data gathering and all that.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General