Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:23 am

Terrace is really easy, feels like 4 loot bosses after amber shaper and empress
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:27 am

I guess this is a success:

When I rolled my DK, I rolled her as Blood DPS (when Frost was the tanking spec); I kept her as Blood DPS until Blood became the official tanking spec; then I moved her to Frost.

I made it my goal to not tank at all this expansion - I levelled Amirya solely through questing as Protection, but no dungeons/scenarios/etc.

Yet somehow, I wound up Blood tanking some instances on Zivai. Apparently, despite me having never ever ever ever played a Blood tank, even in the "fucking around" periods, I'm still a very good tank. Well, so says the guildies who ran with me this weekend.

Which, I guess, is a success.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Fetzie wrote:Christmas 2012 Patch Notes:

The day-time temperature has been increased to 20°C, up from -10°C;
The Sky is now blue and the sun shall now shine;
The requirement to wrap up warm to go outside has been removed, this change should make it easier for players to go to an ice-cream shop and eat ice-cream outside on Christmas Eve;

Seriously, it is like we have skipped spring and jumped straight to June.

I'm calling it.. a meter of snow in the next 4 weeks.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 pm

was finally talked into the 21st century by my girlfriend and got a smart phone. pretty nice. better than the smoke signals i used before.

oh, i'm now a "classic raider" as i finally stopped being lazy and ran aq...success!
twinkfist

Postby bldavis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Amirya wrote:I guess this is a success:

When I rolled my DK, I rolled her as Blood DPS (when Frost was the tanking spec); I kept her as Blood DPS until Blood became the official tanking spec; then I moved her to Frost.

I made it my goal to not tank at all this expansion - I levelled Amirya solely through questing as Protection, but no dungeons/scenarios/etc.

Yet somehow, I wound up Blood tanking some instances on Zivai. Apparently, despite me having never ever ever ever played a Blood tank, even in the "fucking around" periods, I'm still a very good tank. Well, so says the guildies who ran with me this weekend.

Which, I guess, is a success.

funny thing is this is what happened with my dk as well
i wasnt meaning to tank this xpack..ended up tanking for my horde guild on my dk, and will be gearing up my monk as a back up tank for alliance guild

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Today was the underground ruins dailies, and as a result it seems no one was flying over to the Horde side, because all three rares were up both times I visited. Long story short - I have a Brawler's Guild invite. :D

Edit: Aaand now I'm rank 4. That stuff's addictive, I had to force myself to stop so I can go to bed.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Arkesh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Finally made it to 90. Not really done anything yet bar a single scenario, looking forward to discovering the rest of Panadaria, really enjoyed leveling this time round.
Arkesh

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:15 am

Really can't believe my luck with Sha. Three characters all have tier legs (and I don't do sha that regularly).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Oh right, haven't done sha this week.. hmmm 8.30 pm last day before reset.. yeah won't get it done this week... :(
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Rank 8! /flex
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:41 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Rank 8! /flex

Annnnnd as a result... thanks for the invite! \o/
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Maat » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:07 am

Proud owner of Thoridal, the Star's Fury.

Can we please have transmog of legendaries? ._______.
Maat

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:24 am

my warrior is asking the same question with her thunderfury (which i had made BEFORE the T1 legs dropped /grumble)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Pruke » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:48 am

Usually I do not try to solo old raids with my DK, ive been soloing MC on my warrior for Garr's half of the legendary for over a year and a half. I guess because I went through all the content when it was current and spent months in them learning then farming I just havent had the desire. Ive got several guildies who farm for the old mounts solo and last week I figured I would try KT, since he was such a pain to learn back then. Solo'd him with ease and didnt get a mount, which based off my luck with Garr did not surprise me at all :)

Anyhow, I get up Christmas morning and open presents with the kids and play with their new toys and such. Right before lunch I decide I will run a few dailies on my DK (kill 2 rares in shieldwall area, no invite drops). So I am done and one of my buddies is on we are discussing old content and I figure I will go do KT/Kara real quick before I go back to my family. Kara, no mount which is no shocker...

Fighting KT this week I nearly die twice due to conflag disorentate fun... So KT goes down I click to auto loot and to my amazement Ashes of Alar.... I... What... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT... I tell my bud, he is thinking I am full of crap. I hearth back to town, after checking 3 times the mount was in my bag. Right click to learn it and BAMMMM Achievment (which I did not know existed). Friends like, so I guess you were not lieing huh?

Merry Christmas!
Pruke

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 am

Finally got my 4pc on my main... too bad it meant dropping several ilvl points... (483 helm and shoulders from 489 helm and shoulders)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General